• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don’t you believe in God?

Tomef

Do you care to share that experience?
Kind of like a bell curve. Studying and practicing one religious book can be an enlightening experience. I’m not knocking religions in saying they are inventions - they are in many ways great examples of the tremendous passion and capacity humans have for organisation, community, and the pursuit of things like identity and understanding. Marvellous works of living art, really. But, as this is about reasons, the only way to stop there is if you don’t see a reason to find out more. Any thorough study of the whole business of religion, of any and all kinds, reveals its origins in the human mind. So, the top of the bell curve if you will was understanding Christianity well enough to briefly take it seriously on its own terms, from there the curve comes back down to a more reality based understanding.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Ok but do you care to share the results with us? If not it’s cool.
It can't be shared. When I say birds you have a set bias for what a bird is. For me that image specifically is a generic black bird form in flight. If you yelled birds I would look up. This is my bias, if they were ostriches, I would look foolish. There is no way for me to explain the truth without knowing your biases.

King Phenomenon

It can't be shared. When I say birds you have a set bias for what a bird is. For me that image specifically is a generic black bird form in flight. If you yelled birds I would look up. This is my bias, if they were ostriches, I would look foolish. There is no way for me to explain the truth without knowing your biases.
Ok

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes evolutionarily it is natural to seek answers to that which we don't know and so we invent gods of thunder and rain and sun and why bad things seem to happen. As we find more useful answers to these questions we come to realize that gods are just something that we naturally create to minimize feeling of uncertainty and not actually useful or extant.
" we invent gods "

G-d was never created by human, it is He who created us, right?

Regards

King Phenomenon

What, precisely, have you found?

How much of what you found would you say came from your acculturation?
I found out how we got here and where we’re going through spiritual contemplation. What I found out I never learned anywhere else.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
" we invent gods "

So you are saying humans never invented any gods?
Did I say it, please?
I say G-d is not invented by the humans; G-d revealed himself on many truthful persons in most/every part of the world, that G-d is not invention of any person, right, please?

Regards

Pogo

paarsurrey said:
" we invent gods "

Did I say it, please?
I say G-d is not invented by the humans; G-d revealed himself on many truthful persons in most/every part of the world, that G-d is not invention of any person, right, please?

Regards
This is a faith claim, without actual evidence beyond personal anecdote.
Some accept it, in the case of most god concepts most don't accept it.
Do you consider Ra, Apu or Thor to be gods?

We Never Know

No Slack
This is a faith claim, without actual evidence beyond personal anecdote.
Some accept it, in the case of most god concepts most don't accept it.
Do you consider Ra, Apu or Thor to be gods?
Speaking of Ra. I saw this on another forum the other day lol

IMG_20240520_223841.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I’m your last comment you seem to put a lot of stock in what other people believe when it comes to making your own decisions about God.

I was raised C of E. My initial assessments on God and religion generally were done by 10 year old me, and the inconsistency of adults between claimed belief and action was part of it, as was the fact that there were various beliefs of what the Christian God actually wanted (nevermind other religions).

I'm 49 now, so my thought processes have moved on. But yes, it's fair to say at the time I initially moved away from religion, the actions of others were informative to me.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
" we invent gods "

Did I say it, please?

Regards

Yes, God has reveled themselves to me and I am a truthful person. I did not consciously invent God. Would you like to follow my God?
I can tell you the commandments my God gave me.