• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't Islam prevent refugees?

Shaul

Premium Member
Isn’t someone Jewish on somewhat shaky ground talking about a religions god not preventing terrible things happening to its followers? o_O
Not that I can see. The Jewish scriptures are pretty clear on this point. The Jews suffer for two reasons. One are due our own shortcomings. But the greater part is because the Jews bear the sins of the nations which punish the Jews as innocent scapegoats (innocent of these sins of the nations). The Jews are currently receiving a double portion of chastisement, but will receive a double portion of blessings when the moshiach comes. This is quite clear in the Jewish scriptures.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Instead, I would ask why did Islam's influence not prevent these population unheavals. In other words, if Islam comes from Allah, why wouldn't He do something to prevent this suffering?
Why should it not cause refugees when Europe is amenable to migration. It will strengthen Islam in those countries. As for Allah, don't you know - He is testing.

Shaul

Premium Member
Zakat is one of the pillars of Islam meaning that every muslim should give 2.5% of his zakat to people. I think there are 8 kinds of people who are entitled to be given Zakat. Zakat is a pillar, not to be confused with "Sadaka". Sadaka is also giving money or food or clothes, but it is not a must for every muslim, it is something that would give extra rewards.
<snip>
I don't know why people get the notion that if one is following the right religion and worshiping the right God, suffering would disappear. That is not the case. Although he will be in peace with himself and grateful to Allah, he may still struggle in the material life.

Following the right religion doesn't mean that the suffering will magically disappear. But however, these suffering may become trivial to individuals. That is why you may see a person having everything he ever wanted and yet he is unhappy and commits suicide at the end, and a person who is having a harsh life, yet still smiles and he is thankful for what he has and he lives in peace with himself.
FYI, the word for charity in Hebrew is similar to Sadaka. In Hebrew it is "Tzedakah".

I agree with you about that peculiar notion. I too can't understand why someone would think that innocent people can suffer without having them some sort of moral defect. Very strange.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes, please. That is what I am after here. What is His plan? How can we understand that plan better and so be able to align our plans and ways with His?

We aren't requested to understand what his plans are made for and for what purpose and how to align ourselves with it.

Shaul

Premium Member
We aren't requested to understand what his plans are made for and for what purpose and how to align ourselves with it.
You really don't think He wants us to try to understand Him and His ways? Surely we ultimately can't. (At least not in this mortal coil) But since He provides us with various revelations He must want us to struggle to understand Him. Otherwise why would He do that? If you don't think we should strive to understand Him, why denizen a religious forum?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You really don't think He wants us to try to understand Him and His ways? Surely we ultimately can't. (At least not in this mortal coil) But since He provides us with various revelations He must want us to struggle to understand Him. Otherwise why would He do that? If you don't think we should strive to understand Him, why denizen a religious forum?

I said his plans and not how to live our life such as to follow the commandments in our religions.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Would you please explain why?
I asked:

"And you think God couldn't have achieved his purpose without making people suffer as refugees?"

You responded:

"It can and still will be God's plan."

- I don't know what "it" you refer to.
- Your answer tells me nothing about whether you think God needs refugees to suffer.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I asked:

"And you think God couldn't have achieved his purpose without making people suffer as refugees?"

You responded:

"It can and still will be God's plan."

- I don't know what "it" you refer to.
- Your answer tells me nothing about whether you think God needs refugees to suffer.

The prophet suffered to deliver the message, did God want his messenger to suffer?
Why not just to deliver the message without anyone to suffer?
Why not to make all humans as believers and without the need for the messengers and the wars ...etc?
Why the disasters, the diseases, the poor, the tyrants ..etc ?

So many similar questions can be asked but i ain't the planner to answer your questions?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The prophet suffered to deliver the message, did God want his messenger to suffer?
Why not just to deliver the message without anyone to suffer?
Why not to make all humans as believers and without the need for the messengers and the wars ...etc?
Why the disasters, the diseases, the poor, the tyrants ..etc ?

So many similar questions can be asked but i ain't the planner to answer your questions?
Why aren't you? It seems pretty clear to me that there are only two possibilities:

- the suffering was necessary for God's plan, in which case there is at least one thing that God cannot do (i.e. accomplish his plan without causing suffering). God is not omnipotent.
- the suffering was not necessary for God's plan, in which case God could have avoided the suffering but chose to cause it anyway. God is cruel.

Which do you prefer? No matter what, the existence of suffering implies that God is imperfect.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why aren't you? It seems pretty clear to me that there are only two possibilities:

- the suffering was necessary for God's plan, in which case there is at least one thing that God cannot do (i.e. accomplish his plan without causing suffering). God is not omnipotent.
- the suffering was not necessary for God's plan, in which case God could have avoided the suffering but chose to cause it anyway. God is cruel.

Which do you prefer? No matter what, the existence of suffering implies that God is imperfect.

Except that the free will is one of his plans.

Controlling all things to be in the perfect way means that we have to be programmed and not having the free will.

Sabour

FYI, the word for charity in Hebrew is similar to Sadaka. In Hebrew it is "Tzedakah".

I agree with you about that peculiar notion. I too can't understand why someone would think that innocent people can suffer without having them some sort of moral defect. Very strange.

A reminder:

Prophets are people who have the highest ranking in paradise and the closest people to God, yet they were the ones that suffered the most in the life and were expelled by their people ....

refer to reply # 6 where I answered to the suffering part.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/why-doesnt-islam-prevent-refugees.188489/#post-4795434

Don't forget that by death, life isn't over. At the end, everyone will be treated exactly the same.

4:40

Indeed, Allah does not do injustice, [even] as much as an atom's weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

uncung

I don't know?
Enlighten me with some stats please?

U.S. Army? How about Fort Hood? That "army" enough for ya?

Army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan is charged in the deadly 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas.

Maj. Nidal Hasan, an American-born Muslim, faces the death penalty.....
killed 13 and wounded dozens more UNARMED military personnel.

The Religion of Peace?
U.S. armies are Christians.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
U.S. armies are Christians.

And the point of posting that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

In a 2008 study of U.S. military members it was found that members of the military are less likely to be Christian than the general U.S. population.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091002171231AAHfoGz

Cheesh. I wish posters would quit pulling OPINIONS out of their behinds.

The US general population is currently 80% Christian, while, according to the study, the military services (combined) are about 77% Christian. It's still a large majority, though.

Given the demographics it would be shocking to see that the majority of military
were NOT Christian.
So what's the point of posting the stats?????

Was there even a point the poster was trying to make?
We should require all military people to be atheists for some reason?
Would that make ya feel better?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Wow. Some of these posts make me feel like we are in a game of wits
and some are UNARMED!:shrug::shrug::shrug: