• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does God Hate Sex?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Sex cannot be "used" improperly. Sex does not cause problems, people's daft notions of sex, along with their avid (though guilt-ridden) participation in it are what cause problems.
I disagree...

Sex cannot be "used" improperly?

Tell that to the 3 year old that was used for sex.

Does not cause problems?

Tell that to the one who contracted a venereal disease.

Sex guilt a human notion?

Definitely more that a human notion.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Except that, in my view, God never wrote any "laws," and therefore the laws to which you refer were written by those very weak and fallible humans you deride. And why on earth would I follow them?

You are free to accept or reject whatever you please. If you don't believe in the Bible...that is your prerogative. I don't see anyone forcing you to do anything against your will...do you?

And I find you comment about "weak people" not breeding more "weak people" to be quite incredibly akin to notions expressed by several unsavoury leaders in in the second quarter of the twentieth century, which most thoughtful people now reject.

Oh, it is indeed an inconvenient truth.....most people think it, but it is incredibly non-PC to say it. But lets face the reality.....children learn what they live. It is a rare thing for children raised by those with weak or non-existent morals to hold any moral values in any area of life.

Its not OK for drug addicted parents to raise their children (often born drug addicted themselves) with such an appalling example and not expect them to turn out the same way. What do we mean when we speak of "weakness"? We are talking about people with no self-control....those who just go with their urges and inconveniently produce children who never know what a father is...what a real family is...what it means to even have values, let alone live them. Do you see merit in perpetuating this ridiculous cycle of dead end lives which are a drain on society and add no value to the lives of others? Do you see any merit in allowing weak-minded individuals to impact on the lives of others who just want to be able to walk the streets at night in safety?
Is that too much to hope for? Has society worked out a way to cope with their increasing numbers? Is the situation ever going to get better...if so, tell us how.

Are you trying, once again, to build a master race?

Just a race of people with some moral values would be nice...its all God ever wanted. He endowed humans with a moral sense and a conscience.....we seem to have lost both. Has it made the world a better place?

I see God's direct intervention to be the only real solution. I believe it will come, ready or not, and fix this mess caused by those who reject his moral laws and most of his other laws as well. You may reject that idea, but it makes no difference to my beliefs.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Excerpted from an interesting blog by Steve Mason in the Huffington Post

"Sex is funny in that you can live without it, but not without paying a mental/physical price. It’s a simple pleasure that grows all out of proportion when it’s denied. If Mother Nature were allowed to have her way, this would be a far better place. And who’s behind all the brouhaha? God? Actually, it’s religion.

In order to run a successful religion, you need to follow just one rule: Have more members coming in than going out. One way to achieve this is by gaining control of their sex lives. Try to think of a religion that doesn’t have anything to say about sex. Get a grip on that one single, chemically driven aspect of life and you will have a stranglehold on your flock. The more they try to avoid it, the more they’re going to be drawn to it, and the more they’re going to feel like sinners, and the more they’re going to need you to save them. Tell people sucking lemons is evil and they won’t suck lemons and they won’t need you. Tell people sex is evil and you’ll have them stuck in a revolving door.

Now here’s the rub and the real reason I get so provoked by people who have been bamboozled into believing that copulation without at least 50 strings attached is anything but normal human behavior. The truth is that violence seems to be inversely proportional to the availability of sex. Remember generations of coaches who told the team to avoid love so they’d be full of hate for the big game? Look at riots in the street and what do you see? Mostly young, testosterone-filled males throwing bricks. Look at guys flying planes into buildings. Would they do it if it weren’t for the 79 virgins? And why do you suppose there’s such a premium on virgins? The male’s lack of experience leads to a lack of confidence, and that, in turn, leads to a raging fury against experience and confidence — so let’s find someone with neither. The weird part is that so many terrorists truly believe America is swimming in sex. If they only knew that it gets so much attention only because there’s so little action.

British comedian Eddie Izzard does a very funny and very insightful routine that involves God laying down the laws of mating. The dogs are told to do it doggie-style. The dogs go away happy. The cats are also told to do it doggie-style. The cats aren’t really happy about that, but when are cats really happy about anything? The salmon are told about swimming upstream, struggling over dams and crashing into rocks only to die at the end. Bummer. And finally, the humans are told they can do it pretty much anyway they like — as long as they feel guilty. So I get comments from obviously guilty readers telling me how scary sex really is and providing laundry lists of things that can go wrong while rolling in the hay. That God ever invented sex in the first place was clearly a mistake, so they create caveats that will at least make it as unpleasant as possible.

However, if anything, it’s a lack of sex that can be deadly. The British Medical Journal reported on a long-term study of nearly 1,000 men between the ages of 45 and 59. In our culture of scary sex, it’s perhaps not too surprising that the findings have not received the attention they deserve. You see, the data showed that the amount of sexual activity enjoyed by a man is directly proportional to both his health and longevity. Men who reported twice as much sex were half as likely to die prematurely.
source

Thoughts?

Mine is a question. If god's attitude toward sex is truly not a concoction of religious leaders, but his very own, then what is his problem with it? According to the Bible god doesn't like prostitutes, homosexuality, bestiality, consensual adultery (all adultery is bad), marrying a divorced woman, premarital sex, lust, sensuality, semen, etc. etc..

Here's a sound insight. If people were to do sex the way they wanted, they would just want to have large families, regardless of how they were able to care for them, especially since "Why use a condom if sexual control doesn't matter?". If they didn't do it under guidelines, that would lead to strife because people were so immoral because they were having sex however they pleased, leading to their behavior being whatever they wanted. It would be a terrible place.

If you look at the Bible, sexual control is at the peak of whether someone is righteous. It is not some sort of scam. It is the difference between civilizations rising and falling. We do not want rape, incest and pedophilia. If people form controlled families, it helps there to be civilization. Adultery hurts people. Religions are trying to keep it under control for good reason. If anyone here reads this and tries to be morally clean, I promise you will see for yourself.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Here's a sound insight. If people were to do sex the way they wanted, they would just want to have large families, regardless of how they were able to care for them, especially since "Why use a condom if sexual control doesn't matter?". If they didn't do it under guidelines, that would lead to strife because people were so immoral because they were having sex however they pleased, leading to their behavior being whatever they wanted. It would be a terrible place.
So I then have to conclude that those who don't have a healthy regard for a religion; the non-church goer, the agnostic, and the atheist are having sex however they please, have larger families, and are under more strife. That about it? Now, because of the guilt laid on members of religions I do believe the non-religious are likely to have more varied sex, but what's wrong with that? If there is something wrong with it you'll have to present your evidence. As for more strife among the non-religious, you would have to present this evidence as well. As for the non-religious having larger families, this just doesn't seem to be the case at all. Note in the chart below that the unaffiliated have on average 1.7 children per family (agnostics and atheists averaging only 1.45. [35% less than Christians]), whereas Christians have 2.2 children. So, if anything the religious are having considerably larger families than the non-religious.

PR_15.05.12_RLS_chapter3-07.png

So your insight doesn't appear to be sound at all. In fact, I think the non-religious are coming out ahead of the faithful in your three selected arenas of comparison here.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Wha????? Who says that God hates sex? God created sex. God said to have sex (be fruitful and multiply.)

But sex without boundaries causes a lot of pain, even tragedy. The broken hearts and diseases are just the tip of the iceburg. I'm talking about things like getting jaded--a destruction of the soul.

And then there are children. They are designed to be raised in stable families, and families are based on blood and marriage. Sex outside of marriage brings children into unstable environments where they are more at risk. You end up with adults who are less than what they would have been

All this equals a society that is less than what it could be. To minimize this, it is in the best interest of any society to encourage sex within marriage.

This is what Judaism did in the Torah. I believe we were the first to do so. From us, it spread. It is, unfortunately, degrading.

Anyhow, it is because sex is so powerful and so holy (after all it is the source of new life) that he wants to protect it within the safe boundaries of marriage. God hate sex? I'm laughing!

Personally, I don't come down on those I know who have sex outside of marriage. I know they don't know any better, and hey, it's a free country. But I am responsible for how *I* live, and so I make my own choices with all this in mind.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member

Excerpted from an interesting blog by Steve Mason in the Huffington Post

"Sex is funny in that you can live without it, but not without paying a mental/physical price. It’s a simple pleasure that grows all out of proportion when it’s denied. If Mother Nature were allowed to have her way, this would be a far better place. And who’s behind all the brouhaha? God? Actually, it’s religion.

However, if anything, it’s a lack of sex that can be deadly. The British Medical Journal reported on a long-term study of nearly 1,000 men between the ages of 45 and 59. In our culture of scary sex, it’s perhaps not too surprising that the findings have not received the attention they deserve. You see, the data showed that the amount of sexual activity enjoyed by a man is directly proportional to both his health and longevity. Men who reported twice as much sex were half as likely to die prematurely.
source

Thoughts?

Mine is a question. If god's attitude toward sex is truly not a concoction of religious leaders, but his very own, then what is his problem with it? According to the Bible god doesn't like prostitutes, homosexuality, bestiality, consensual adultery (all adultery is bad), marrying a divorced woman, premarital sex, lust, sensuality, semen, etc. etc..

God created the sex organs, and he created the nerves and brain that allows for those engaging in sexual intercourse to experience the pleasurable feelings that come from love making. He created the breast, the milk to feed the resulting offspring - which makes them strong ad healthy, and he made the body parts that make and produce semen, and the fluids in the female genitals to receive it.
So how could he hate these?

That wouldn't make sense, not does it make sense to suggest that these organs and the function given them were not a product of intelligent design / special creation.
Why do we experience so much more pleasure from something of lesser importance than eating and drinking, if it was not purposely designed.
Is it not the most complex organ that allows us to enjoy sex?
How could anyone suggest that no intelligent agent was responsible for this? For me, the absurdity is killing.

So it is not sex, or semen, or love-making that God hates, but it is the wrong use of these - obviously encouraged by Satan, the one who wants to corrupt everything that is good.

So depravity was born...
Welcome to the world of ungodly sex - where sex and the sex organ is worshiped, and not treated in the godly way they were designed to be used..
With what results?

The following is abbreviated due to the fact that the amount of words per page is limited.

Crime of passion

Child Sexual Abuse Is a Widespread Problem

From 2009 - 2013, Child Protective Services agencies substantiated, or found strong evidence to indicate that, 63,000 children a year were victims of sexual abuse.

One in 9 girls and 1 in 53 boys under the age of 18 experience sexual abuse or assault at the hands of an adult..

82% of all victims under 18 are female.
Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.

[GALLERY=media, 8641]Every_8_Minutes by nPeace posted Aug 12, 2018 at 7:39 PM[/GALLERY]

Child Sexual Abuse Statistics
The prevalence of child sexual abuse is difficult to determine because it is often not reported; experts agree that the incidence is far greater than what is reported to authorities.

Facts about sexual abuse
About 20 million out of 112 million women (18.0%) in the United States have been raped during their lifetime.

In a 2012 maltreatment report, of the victims who were sexually abused, 26% were in the age group of 12–14 years and 34% were younger than 9 years.

Approximately 1.8 million adolescents in the United States have been the victims of sexual assault.

Research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that approximately 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18.

35.8% of sexual assaults occur when the victim is between the ages of 12 and 17.

82% of all juvenile victims are female.

69% of the teen sexual assaults reported to law enforcement occurred in the residence of the victim, the offender, or another individual.

Crime Check: 2018 Has Only Gotten Worse For Children in India
The National Crime Records Bureau’s (NCRB) most recent records, showcasing the rate of crime against children in India in 2016, presents an extremely worrying statistic.

Year - Cases
2013 - 12,363
2014 - 13,766
2015 - 10,854
2016 - 19,765

The records show that while in 2015, 10,854 cases of rape under Section 376 of the IPC and under Sections 4 and 6 of the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act were registered pan-India, 2016 saw 19,765 of such cases being registered.

In a mere four months into the year, we have already heard about some of the most brutal acts of rape and torture carried out against children across the country. And these are just the ones that have caught our attention.

Death penalty for rape of minors: President approves ordinance

Rape cases went up by 158 per cent this year in Delhi
NEW DELHI: Delhi has witnessed a surge in crime against women this year with rape cases recording 158 per cent rise while molestation and eve-teasing incidents went up by 600 and over 700 per cent, respectively.

According to statistics released by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar today, the national capital reported 463 rape cases this year till April 15 as against 179 during the same period last year.

Death to Cheating Wives? Take Two
In Bangalore, a twenty-eight year-old woman was set afire by her husband, who believed she had been unfaithful. The woman wrapped her flaming arms around her husband in a fiery embrace, setting him afire as well. The husband and wife are both currently in the hospital, both reportedly fighting for their lives.

Also in Bangalore, another cuckolded husband strangled his allegedly unfaithful wife, then called on the assistance of his friend, to cast his wife's body in the path of a train, hoping this would mask his murderous acts.

The history of man is filled with such stories, where women were raped, beaten, strangled, mutilated and cast out of their homes. In the United States, it is believed that the great majority of domestic marital murders involve the spectre of female infidelity.

Man, 75, Killed Wife Over Infidelity Suspicion
Suspecting infidelity, man shoots wife
Man kills wife over alleged infidelity
Former MCA accused his slain wife of infidelity

Is the problem related to the Bible at all?
Judge for yourself.

Men and women who are married or have sleep-around partners abuse their own children, and go in red light districts and bars for illicit sex.
Men and women who couldn't care less about the Bible or God have sex orgies, and groom children either their own, or stolen.

Does this sound like a Bible problem, or a sex starved world?

I think the demons have pretty much got them where they want them - sex worship.
You can do your research on sex worship, sex magick, tantric sex. Find out why children are prime victims.

Or just simply read the Bible. The answer can be found there too.
You would also find out who is behind persons blaming God and the Bible for this sick world.

Skwim

Veteran Member
God created the sex organs, and he created the nerves and brain that allows for those engaging in sexual intercourse to experience the pleasurable feelings that come from love making. He created the breast, the milk to feed the resulting offspring - which makes them strong ad healthy, and he made the body parts that make and produce semen, and the fluids in the female genitals to receive it.
So how could he hate these?
Your strawman here is rather silly. Nobody is saying he hates these things.

Why do we experience so much more pleasure from something of lesser importance than eating and drinking, if it was not purposely designed.
And yet another strawman.

Is it not the most complex organ that allows us to enjoy sex?
How could anyone suggest that no intelligent agent was responsible for this? For me, the absurdity is killing.
Okay one more and I'm out of here.

So it is not sex, or semen, or love-making that God hates, but it is the wrong use of these - obviously encouraged by Satan, the one who wants to corrupt everything that is good.

So depravity was born...
Welcome to the world of ungodly sex - where sex and the sex organ is worshiped, and not treated in the godly way they were designed to be used..
With what results?
That's it. I've had enough of your meandering, self-serving sermon.

Have a good day.

Jumi

No. It's what many, many Christians believe.

And if one disregards the non-Christians, then 51 % of American Christians "believe the Bible is the Word of God".
And here in "Scandinavia" (as well as most of Europe) we think of these types of "American Christians" as different. My closest contact with this type of Christianity is some people on this forum, actually most of them non-Christians critical of it just like you.

Go to 14:50 if you're interested what happens when an American Baptist meets Danish Priests (including woman priest) and tries to talk to them about homosexuality. Surprised?

Skwim

Veteran Member
And here in "Scandinavia" (as well as most of Europe) we think of these types of "American Christians" as different. My closest contact with this type of Christianity is some people on this forum, actually most of them non-Christians critical of it just like you.

Go to 14:50 if you're interested what happens when an American Baptist meets Danish Priests (including woman priest) and tries to talk to them about homosexuality. Surprised?
I am surprised that the government has such power over the Danish church, and also disgusted with the idiot Baptist who believes that "same sex attraction is a sin."

Jumi

I am surprised that the government has such power over the Danish church, and also disgusted with the idiot Baptist who believes that "same sex attraction is a sin."
It's not even that the government has power over church, but sometimes priests are active in our countries, such as having gay weddings in church where they aren't yet allowed. Though here we have state churches unlike in the US...

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And isn't that nice of him to insure that disease was lurking just around the corner for those who didn't do as he said. Give fallible folk free will and then punish them for misusing it. .

Oh Skwim....!
I didn't mean to irritate you too much! :D
Did you mean 'insure' or 'ensure'? (Sorry.... sorry..... just a thought...... *cringes*..... )

A Theist (not me!) might answer that Big-G needed to produce all those bacteria and bug-things to break down stuff back into the (his?) natural cycle, but the little so-and-so's could get out of hand.

Skwim......... you have to admit (surely....... ? *cringes*) that our health services are very worried about the rising number of illnesses which are still being transmitted by through sexual activity, and that's with all our modern day protections.

Back in the day, several thousand years ago, they had ONE PROTECTION, Skwim........... enforced closed-couples.

I just know that you understand......... yes?...... true? *cringe*

:p

nPeace

Veteran Member
Your strawman here is rather silly. Nobody is saying he hates these things.

And yet another strawman.

Okay one more and I'm out of here.

That's it. I've had enough of your meandering, self-serving sermon.

Have a good day.
What? Pardon me for being partially blind.
You said:
Why Does God Hate Sex?

According to the Bible god doesn't like prostitutes, homosexuality, bestiality, consensual adultery (all adultery is bad), marrying a divorced woman, premarital sex, lust, sensuality, semen, etc. etc..

Thank you. You likewise.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
.Thoughts?.
It's from an early psychic wound [he] received.

According to archaeology, when [he] first popped up around 1500 BCE, [he] had a consort, Asherah.

But that didn't last, and [he]'s been a bitter old rascal ever since ─ oh boy, is [he] bitter!

Deuteronomy 12:

2 You shall surely destroy all the places where the nations whom you shall dispossess served their gods, upon the high mountains and upon the hills and under every green tree;
3 you shall tear down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and burn their Asherim with fire; you shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy their name out of that place.​

'Asherim' is the plural of Asherah, referring either to the image of the goddess or the precinct that contains it.

And there's Jeremiah 7:

16 "As for you, do not pray for this people, or lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with me, for I do not hear you.
17 Do you not see what they are doing in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18 The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger.
See how she gets [him] going? [He] really has an anger management problem, and somewhere in there is the key to [his] sex problem. Of course [he]'s omnipotent, so it couldn't be impotence.

Could it?

PruePhillip

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head; it is a concoction of the religious leaders.

I have never seen a more devastating issue like illicit sex - be it
in the work place, politics, marriage, family etc..
That what appears as a "little thing" can cause such enormous
hurt, offense and ridicule tells you that sex is meant for one thing
only - be you a religious person or an evolutionary biologist - and
that is an act of procreation or pleasure between two consenting
and committed people.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have never seen a more devastating issue like illicit sex - be it
in the work place, politics, marriage, family etc..
That what appears as a "little thing" can cause such enormous
hurt, offense and ridicule tells you that sex is meant for one thing
only - be you a religious person or an evolutionary biologist - and
that is an act of procreation or pleasure between two consenting
and committed people.
I agree, but who mentioned illicit sex ... shall we give it it's proper name, rape.
Sex is fun, enjoy it while you can with a willing partner.
I feel sad that you think it is only for one thing.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Oh Skwim....!
I didn't mean to irritate you too much! :D
Did you mean 'insure' or 'ensure'? (Sorry.... sorry..... just a thought...... *cringes*..... )
:thumbsup:

Skwim......... you have to admit (surely....... ? *cringes*) that our health services are very worried about the rising number of illnesses which are still being transmitted by through sexual activity, and that's with all our modern day protections.

Back in the day, several thousand years ago, they had ONE PROTECTION, Skwim........... enforced closed-couples.

I just know that you understand......... yes?...... true?
I just don't see it as reason enough for god to ALSO declare it an abominable sin that will keep them out of heaven, and whom he will "surely put to death." Thing is, If I was god and worried enough about the consequential diseases that could occur from homosexual relations that I felt it necessary to scare people from sharing their mutual affection, I'd simply eradicate the diseases. But maybe the Christian god just hasn't seen the light. :shrug:

PruePhillip

I agree, but who mentioned illicit sex ... shall we give it it's proper name, rape.
Sex is fun, enjoy it while you can with a willing partner.
I feel sad that you think it is only for one thing.

I said two things. Number 1 is procreation (that male sperm, female egg thing)
Number 2 is pleasure in procreation (to help keep a couple more closely together, which is for the sake of rearing children and the "Grandparent Effect")

Jumi

As a small addendum, the Baptist pastor thinks it's because government has say in the church but these priests would think that way regardless of government.

In my country our state church has had female priests for 30 years and a female bishop as well. We also had a transwoman priest, though it was in a conservative rural area so that didn't work out well.

PruePhillip

As a small addendum, the Baptist pastor thinks it's because government has say in the church but these priests would think that way regardless of government.

In my country our state church has had female priests for 30 years and a female bishop as well. We also had a transwoman priest, though it was in a conservative rural area so that didn't work out well.

About 15-20 years ago a professor in the US state of Georgia wrote a paper.
He said that in 1900 feminism was offensive to mainstream society. In 1950
homosexuality was in the same situation. He opined that one day child porn or
child sex would be accepted (can't remember which one)
Georgia state legislature couldn't silence the man, but they took a sum out of
the annual budged for that university equal to the professor's salary.

Yet, Georgia was one of the first states in USA to water down child-porn laws.
Eventually, seeing children as sex objects will become mainstream. It will come
either through child right laws, pornography, virtual pornography, cultural wars or
the general commercial and social sexualization of kids. Sadly, this will be as
common as polygamy.