• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God allow evil?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You might want to read up on the nephilim and the reason God went to those great lengths to destroy these evil hybrid humans. Its also worth noting that God didn't succeed in wiping them out. They are still here.
Ah, so by your above logic there was no genocide ever, right?
Since there was no genocide ever, why even use the word?

McBell

Not to mention the idea that everyone save eight was killed in said flood.
Seems to me your nephilim reasoning included an awful lot of collateral damage.

Simplelogic

We were discussing man made genocides earlier. Which are evil. I would be happy to discuss with you YHVH's commanded genocides as well. Which were not evil but efforts to preserve humanity from evil men.

McBell

We were discussing man made genocides earlier. Which are evil. I would be happy to discuss with you YHVH's commanded genocides as well. Which were not evil but efforts to preserve humanity from evil men.
Not really interested in your reasoning as to why when god does it is is good but when man does it it is wrong.
Mental gymnastics are as tiring as the real thing.

Simplelogic

Not to mention the idea that everyone save eight was killed in said flood.
Seems to me your nephilim reasoning included an awful lot of collateral damage.
Seems like the idea of evil overtaking man is something you can not imagine. I get it too. Most people in western culture can't imagine evil like this. However, this type of evil is real and is still in the world today. I have been in regions of Africa where men rape infant babies….its normal!! There are tribes which pass 8 year old girls around to all the "old men" of the village to make her a "real woman". There are cultures, even today, which have become totally evil and worthy of complete annihilation.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Yet you have not shown your claims to be anything but your own personal experiences.

So you would make claims based on no personal experience?
Moreover, my experiences are so similar to countless people who call themselves 'Christian'.
(Of course not all who call themselves 'Christian', are true Christians; and yes I am a Scotsman.)

Simplelogic

"And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin." Jeremiah 32:35 (see also Jeremiah 7:31 and 19:5)

God said Himself that it never came into His mind!!

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
You might want to read up on the nephilim and the reason God went to those great lengths to destroy these evil hybrid humans. Its also worth noting that God didn't succeed in wiping them out. They are still here.
The nephilim is a interesting topic. Did they have the same DNA as humans?

Simplelogic

The nephilim is a interesting topic. Did they have the same DNA as humans?
Different DNA. The goal was to change human DNA through sexual relations. The book of Enoch covers this in detail.

You may appreciate this video on the topic. The guy is a little annoying but it is a remarkable video:

Simplelogic

Many who mock the Hebrew scriptures try to act like God was going around committing genocide against innocent human beings. Its a lie. He is aggressively trying to save humanity from evil entities.

muhammad_isa

..It either means that God is powerless to intervene in human affairs or that he doesn't care..

It doesn't mean that at all ..

Almighty God allows people to hit each other, kill each other, have great wars etc.

..however, He intervenes whenever He wills, and not when you think that He should :)

He is aware of the consequences of our actions .. if He had never intervened in the past, we simply wouldn't be here!

Skwim

Veteran Member
It doesn't mean that at all ..

Almighty God allows people to hit each other, kill each other, have great wars etc.
And why do you think he does this; let some of his beloved creatures be raped, brutalized, tortured, murdered, and left dying frorm hunger in the gutters?

..however, He intervenes whenever He wills, and not when you think that He should :)
Obviously, because his sense of right and wrong transcends ours.
smiley-rolleyes008.gif
We should be thankful people are allowed to rape, brutalize, torture. murder, and die in gutters of hunger because it's god's way, and who are we to interfere.

muhammad_isa

..We should be thankful people are allowed to rape, brutalize, torture. murder, and die in gutters of hunger because it's god's way, and who are we to interfere.

What are you talking about?

We should interfere.. Almighty God has given us the responsibility to 'police ourselves'..
..sometimes we are good at it, and sometimes we are not!