• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Clicking On An Alert Jump To The Wrong Post?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't happen every time, but when I click on
an alert, it sends me to the post for about half a
second, then it jumps to another post.
I get around this by knowing who alerted me,
& how long ago. Then I search the page for
that post.

Anyone else have this problem?
Cause?
Fix?
Or is it @lewisnotmiller just mess'n with me
because of that shaved dingo incident?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
that post.

Cause?
Fix?
Yep, I do. And in clicking on other areas of the screen, too. I find it has to do with ads trying to edge their way into view.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
that post.

Cause?
Fix?
I have this on occasion. Larger images cause the page to jump and miss the targeted post. It's an minor inconvenience, for sure, but not much effort is required to scroll a bit to the desired post.

I'm not aware of a fix.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I have made my feelings and intentions clear that I refuse to support again until we have real Frubals again.
An unreasonable expectation at best. The equivalent of refusing to use Windows until they bring Clippy back, methinks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What's the rationale behind this suggestion?
Usually an indication that the pitch for premium with the removal of ads is better then free with ads touting on how irritating the ads are for people and purchasing premium membership is the preferred means.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
An unreasonable expectation at best. The equivalent of refusing to use Windows until they bring Clippy back, methinks.
Not really. Frubals were a part of what helped build a sense of community here.
Clippy would be more like refusing to sponsor until the chat room and Supporters Arcade return.

Shadow Wolf

Usually an indication that the pitch for premium with the removal of ads is better then free with ads touting on how irritating the ads are for people and purchasing premium membership is the preferred means.
The ads I've gotten, people can cry me a river over their boohoos on ad revenue. No one should have to see ads involving cartoon rape. Google doesn't care so I'll never even get to see my own ads.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is premium pitched as "better" or "preferred?" It's only a matter of selecting which better suits your needs.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really. Frubals were a part of what helped build a sense of community here.
Clippy would be more like refusing to sponsor until the chat room and Supporters Arcade return.
The analogy was less about the purpose of frubals than it was about the viability of the unsupported and outdated software that used them.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
They got rid of them while some other forums still had a similar feature.
Do they still?

It was my understanding that frubals went away as a result of a software upgrade to a better and more stable platform. I would imagine the other forum that still had a similar feature hadn't yet changed their software. But I don't know for sure, because I wasn't here and am just going off what the staff has share with me about the change.

Shadow Wolf

Do they still?

It was my understanding that frubals went away as a result of a software upgrade to a better and more stable platform. I would imagine the other forum that still had a similar feature hadn't yet changed their software. But I don't know for sure, because I wasn't here and am just going off what the staff has share with me about the change.
From a user end, the more corporate this place got the fewer features we had until we got to where we are today with no extras, a forum sodtware that performs poorly and an absent owner to boot.