• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you hate the President?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why does the colon between "rich" and "poor" above keep turning into a smiley? Some kind of formatting gremlin?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Seyorni said:
He's ruined the economy, bankrupted the nation, sent jobs overseas. The middle class is shrinking, the rich/poor ratio is huge and increasing. He's ruined the US' international reputation. He fans the flame of anti American hatred in the middle East, creating countless potential terrorists. He's rolled back 30 years of environmental legislation. The country is more divided than at any time since the 1850s.
Hi Seyorni;
That 'gremlin thing' that you mentioned has caught me out once or twice too (as well as my own keyboard ineptitude); but, as you'll see from above, it's easily sorted.

I was looking at your reply to the thread and realized that if you replace US with UK, and Britain for America, much the same applies here. I have become totally disallusioned with politics. I'm afraid that it's a case of 'heads you win, 'tails' I loose. People here seem to vote for whomsoever would appear to be trying to make them richer. It's sad, but I guess we're stuck with it!:eek:

PixiFaerie

I hate the President because he pretends he's so compassionate to get people to vote for him. FOr example, his 2003 foreign aid allotement to Africa was about 15 million dollars, I think, and it was supposed to go to fighting the AIDS epidemic whiping out thousands of people mercilessly.

The money's purpouse is to provide education services to prevent the further spreaad of the malady, but bush earmarked the money only for sex education that's based on Abstinence-only. Abstinence only education is known not to work primarily through intensive studies. Astinence-based education is the worste type, because it doesn't take into account human nature. People will have sex, and if you don't teach them how to go about doing it properly, they will do it improperly, especially in primitive nations with very quaint cultures.

George Bush is pushing that the money be earmarked for abstinence becaues that's his religious agenda. The Fundamentalists and other religious groups are notoriously anti sex education unless it's abstience. This poses a problem.

Tax payers are paying for foreign aid which we know does little to nothing to stop the spread of AIDS, yet Bush continues to fund programs that don't work so he can look good on one hand, pacify the religious right on the other. It's not legitimate, and it's making me mad. I don't mind paying to treat AIDS and prevent it, but I don't like paying taxes and watching that tax money throw down the Atlantic Drain. Meanwhile, people think the donations are so good, but many don't realize for what they really are intended.

The Black Whirlwind

i dont hate bush, because hate leads to suffering. I hate all of his policies, his foreign agenda, and also his ever-changing reason about the war in Iraq. First it was weapons of mass destruction, and now it is liberating the iraqi people. which one george? also, i think he's destroying the enviroment and his no child left behind act isn't doing anything. he also bows to the will of the corporations and pretty much is a puppet to their desires.

M

Majikthise

The only thing I support Bush on is national security. Every other issue hinges upon it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But Bush's policies have infuriated the Middle East and brutalized countless families and individuals, majik. He's created a hundred America-hating potential terrorists for every one that existed before the invasion. America is less secure than ever.

If I'd seen my wife and children blown up or starved; my home destroyed; my livelihood gone and the carnage continuing, I can't say I wouldn't be looking for an explosive belt to strap on myself.

There appears no shortage of volunteers.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Majikthise said:
The only thing I support Bush on is national security. Every other issue hinges upon it.
In theory, I agree with you; that ought to be one of any presidents' priorities; but can you, hand on heart, think of Bush as being the type of President fit to carry out that duty?:sarcastic

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I am all in favor of the President's retirement program. His OWN retirement program. 3 years, 10 months, and 25 days till we have our country back!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
NetDoc said:
I am all in favor of the President's retirement program. His OWN retirement program. 3 years, 10 months, and 25 days till we have our country back!
yes but who would be our choices after him?????:areyoucra

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't hate the President. I beg the Lord for one more wise than he for our next Pres. Lord help us!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
NetDoc said:
In that vein, does anyone have any opinions about impeachment? I know I'm all for it, but wonder if it might even be theoretically possible...

Melody

FeathersinHair said:
In that vein, does anyone have any opinions about impeachment? I know I'm all for it, but wonder if it might even be theoretically possible...
I'm all for impeaching him and then turning him over to the Hague for war crimes.

Saw11_2000

Why do I hate Bush?

Don't exactly hate him, maybe a luke-warm approval.

I think he swings the political doggie-door way too far to the right, to the point of it breaking off.

Only a few issues I support Bush on, one of them is terrorism. The only reason I supported Bush is because I felt that terrorism should be out absolute #1 priority, and I believed he could handle it better.

I honestly think McCain would have made a GREAT president, and I like his style, he's a bit more independent, you might even be able to consider him a moderate conservative, sorta like me.

linwood

NetDoc said:
Maybe.

Saw11_2000

NetDoc said:
ABB! Anybody But Bush!:D He would have had MY vote. By far the best we had going for us.
What makes me so mad is that he almost won...just barely lost out in the primaries.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I have to say that I do not hate Bush - I do find him to be incredibly ignorant, arrogant, hypocritical, self-serving, and shallow - but I do not hate him. For my money, he appears to be the most ignorant President to have been in the Oval Office in my lifetime, and only the political guile of Karl Rove could have kept him propped up long enough to scare the religious right into ignoring everything but the homophobic hatemongering that got W into office.

Other than that, he's a fine man, worthy of our respect ....

TVOR