• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you hate the President?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I hate George W. Bush!

Anyone want to hear my justifications for that hatred?
Retrorich posted this not too long ago on a seperate thread. So, its Bush bashing season and I would like to hear everyone's reasons for there negavtive feelings towards Bush. It doesn't have to be just hatred. Anger, distrust, fear, and many others can be used. Please qualify your answers with specific examples to back up your reasoning (i.e. because he is a republican would not be one), and as always, please keep the discourse between members as friendly as possible.:) Okay, bash away!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I don't hate George Bush, but rather believe many of his policies and opinions to be hateful and destructive, therefore I cannot support him.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Ditto. I don't hate Dubya, and I pray for his soul daily. BUT, I find the man a true hypocrite. Espousing being a Christian and yet being a war monger at the same time. Please choose one or the other.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
1. He wouldn't sign up to Kyoto and intimidated Russia into not signing up, threatening reduced trade.
2. He's an oil baron and a war-monger, now N. Korea has nuclear deterants he won't touch them, but he's happily making plans to invade Iran so he can snatch their oil.

As far as i'm concerned he's the biggest threat to world peace of recent times.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I don't necessarily hate Bush...i just don't trust him...much like i don't trust most people in Washington
I feel his economic plan is flawed
He's a liberal spender which i don't like
He's attempting to rob the social security system
this Iraq war was a huge mistake that we can't get out of
not to mention he's bathing in big business money and is a partner w/ big business

he's either the dumbest person on the planet or the smartest and i can figure out which...:areyoucra

robtex

Veteran Member
I am going to concur with the above opinions by stating that Bush sees war death and destruction as a reasonable trade for power. Our econonmy is at one of its lowest levels since his presence in the white house do to his funneling money out of wellness programs and social betterment programs into his war machine that he gleefully and manipulatively uses to murder mostly civilians in other countries.

His religious agenda's are bullying and hateful at best targeting those he deems unfit to be "true americans".

HIs track record for economic growth I felt for sure would be his downfall in the second election after an economic upswing during the clinton years but by diverting attention to values like hate, miltant muslim, (which he seems to feel all muslims are as he indiscrimmatly kills them over seas), christian morality, anti-homosexual, the opposite to my personal values, he has given us a lifetime of debt to work off as a country and thousands of years of hate by other nations that may never be healed.

Mass murder, as retrorich has stated, is a very good word to describe a man who has used his position as a represenative of the american people to present to the world the false notion that amercians like to kill maim and destory in the name of their christian war god and the detriment of the well being of not only our country but the rest of the world.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think I'll agree with the many other wise souls who have posted. I don't hate him, nor do I dislike anyone who voted for him. That doesn't mean I'm not alarmed at the direction he's taking the country I live in, though, and it doesn't keep me from wondering why he isn't facing dozens of criminal lawsuits.

I would recommend "What We've Lost" as a book to read if you're truly intruiged by why so many people are upset. The main reason I am, though, is from when I read the following...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
I thought it was a page from the Bush administration playbook. Then I read on, to see who the quote was from.

Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
I will continue to be a pacifist, although I will laugh at anyone who calls me unpatriotic. My patriotism includes the right to question what is wrong. and to look forward to removing this attitude from those who are in power.

Saw11_2000

The only thing of Bush I really like is the War on Terror/National Security and his stance on the death penalty. Anything else, I usually disagree with him, though.

Personally, I think National Security is the most important issue, so that's why I support Bush. I would rather have things like no stem cell research and a bad economy than have dirty bombs launched at us and die anyways. Soon as the the world becomes more stable, I say it's time for a democrat to fix the economy, and fight for social issues. :)

groovydancer88

FeathersinHair said:

I will continue to be a pacifist, although I will laugh at anyone who calls me unpatriotic. My patriotism includes the right to question what is wrong. and to look forward to removing this attitude from those who are in power.
I don't know about Bush... but I nominate Feathers for president! :) Frubals!

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I think most people hate them because he's made a lot of mistakes and because they disagree with the war. I think the war was necessary. They've been doing thier best to get the terrorists, and they have got 35 out of about 50 that they knew of. They may have had some bad information to begin with, but that wasn't the president's fault, Germany and France thought the same thing. They also knew for a fact that Sadaam did have weapons of mass destruction and that they had been moved.

I don't hate the president, but, I don't adore him either. After all, he IS a methodist...and his father is an anti-semite, and I'm also very disappointed in him for not standing up for the causes that won him the election to begin with. I'm not sure I trust him...or any politician for that matter.

Most politicians, I'm afraid, are a lot of puffed up fluff and not enough true substance.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I'm not a Bush fan either, though I have defended him before. He, frankly, is trigger happy (and so were his Democrat counterparts at the time), and he consider civil liberties something to arbitrarily suspend (with bi-partisan support until it is convenient to criticize the action).

I consider him and the rest of Washington pretty much a threat to me, my happiness, and other people around the world.

almifkhar

boy the reasons are so many so i will state only a few of my outrages against this emperor.
he has torn up just about every treaty signed
he is a mass murderer who tries to dodge the war crimes courts
he is a thief
he is slaughtering unions all over the country
he pushes his religious ideals on the rest of the country
he is taking away our constituation
and these are just a few reasons why i loathe this man. i just cant for the life of me understand how someone can be so evil in thinking and in action. who in the right mind would sit around with their friends and plot genocide for a profit and then turn around and have a good night sleep and wake up and have no shame looking in the mirror? what a cowardly ******* he is.

Dr. Nosophoros

I don't "hate" Bush, I despise his administration and the entire society and system that has allowed a piece of filth like him to set foot in the White House, it wouldn't matter to me whether he was republican, democrat or other, if they did the same things I would despise them just as much. There are so many reasons (and have been addressed by so many others) but I think forgetfullness, laziness and ignorance have played a large role in shaping what we know and have come to know now as our government. I feel overall we have let things slide too long because we were too busy doing something else, we can point the finger at these or that groups for our current reality, but I think where we should be pointing the the finger at is ourselves. We cannot change the current, but we can change the future- hopefully for the better.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
johnnys4life said:
I think most people hate them because he's made a lot of mistakes and because they disagree with the war. I think the war was necessary. They've been doing thier best to get the terrorists, and they have got 35 out of about 50 that they knew of.
So Bush killed thousands of innocent people to catch 35 alleged terrorists. I would say that is criminal. I also think the U.S. is LESS secure than it was before the Iraq invasion.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I don't. I think I can honestly say I don't hate anyone. Hate isn't in my dictionary; I guess I'm lucky. As far a Bush is concerned, all I can say, from the UK is ' I'm glad he is not a british politician, prime minister....whatever'.:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He's ruined the economy, bankrupted the nation, sent jobs overseas. The middle class is shrinking, the rich:poor ratio is huge and increasing. He's ruined the US' international reputation. He fans the flame of anti American hatred in the middle East, creating countless potential terrorists. He's rolled back 30 years of environmental legislation. The country is more divided than at any time since the 1850s.