• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you believe what you do?

vaguelyhumanoid

Because it speaks to me on a deep emotional/intuitive level, enriches my existence value system, gives me something constructive to do and brings me guidance in my day-to-day life.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
true, true, God is everything.
I was thinking something a little more direct. Like molecular chemistry interactions with the elements coupled with acting forces and pressures which play a role in the formation of everything we see and experience. Hence the universe as it is. I don't think it's any single thing itself, but a culmination based on what we know and observe today that brings things about from what was apparently nothing.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I believe what I believe because it gives me goals to strive for. nothing comes from nothing, and the material reality manifested from some higher power of existence. I choose to believe in eternity of life because I see reason for it, and temporal meaningfulness doesn't take me where I want to go.

if I die tomorrow and go out of existence forever, than nothing will matter and so what because I can't care if I don't exist.

music is a revealing language of how deep the soul goes, I prefer existing for eternity over existing for only a little while. besides the best things to have are true love and good people in your life, I'm not losing anything with an eternal perspective. I still approach life with urgency anyway.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I believe what I do because it could not have started on its own. Someone had to have created the word god!

. . . the joke is in the details ;)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I believe a god exist because I find metaphysical existence in mathematics and order in the world we live in. I find that a progenitor of order exist and that the progenitor is what we call a god or in my case gods. I know that as human beings we anthropomorphize entities without just reason and that culturally this is a biological norm.

It is an innate human quality and should not be ignored or attack on the basis of intellectual reason. The same way man needs sex, food and water we also need god. The only issue is our lack of pragmatism towards it. The same we come up with excess in food and lower the quality of what we consume we also do so with gods.