• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do we find ancient references to 8 people in a large boat in diverse cultures and languages

sooda

Veteran Member
Genesis, of course...

Genesis 6:17
And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:23
And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

The other parts can be found in Voluspo, which is akin to Genesis in the Poetic Eddas: and Hopi legends tell how ant people kept them safe in the earth during a global flood.

Here: Genesis 6:17

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die ….

Even the silly myth contradicts itself.

sooda

Veteran Member
Genesis, of course...

Genesis 6:17
And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:23
And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

The other parts can be found in Voluspo, which is akin to Genesis in the Poetic Eddas: and Hopi legends tell how ant people kept them safe in the earth during a global flood.

The flood was local .. confined to the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC,

sooda

Veteran Member
It is just an opinion that falsehoods are untrue?

Goodness, the things it takes to be a theist!

Belief in a global flood is one of the sillier myths. Imagine Mt Everest covered in 22 feet of water. LOL

I actually had a fundamentalist tell me that there were no mountains before the flood!

The world of the Euphrates river basin is pretty flat. :p

Alo

If you don't believe Mt. Everest was below sea level... Either because it wasn't as high as it is now, or because the sea level was above it's present height...

How do you explain sea shells at the summit?

Audie

Veteran Member
If you don't believe Mt. Everest was below sea level... Either because it wasn't as high as it is now, or because the sea level was above it's present height...

Please describe in detail what sort of formation is found
at the top of Everest. How thick, what kind of stone it
is, what sort of marine fossils.

While you are at it, see if the entire mountain is
not made of fossil-bearing stone.

Last edited:

Alo

Here: Genesis 6:17

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die ….

Even the silly myth contradicts itself.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Genesis 6:7
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

sooda

Veteran Member

Plate tectonics..

Audie

Veteran Member
Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Genesis 6:7
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Are you a robot?

Alo

Please describe in detail what sort of formation is found
at the top of Everest. How thick, what kind of stone it
is, what sort of marine fossils.

There are sea shells at the top of Mt. Everest.

Please explain in detail what difference it makes what the rocks look like that are around them, and what kind they are...

Audie

Veteran Member
There are sea shells at the top of Mt. Everest.

At the very top, and the top several thousand feet
of the mountain are made up of fossil bearing rock.

What does any of that have to do with the biblical
"flood"?