• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do they teach these things?

berneymack

Why does the Bible not mention or teach the following, yet in all mainstream religions, pastors, preachers, and priest teach:

Christmas
Easter
Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation
God causes the death of our loved ones because he needs angels in heaven.

Has the "World Empire of False Rligion" trapped you regarding the these FALSE teachings?

None of the above is either mentioned or remotely taught in the Holy Bible. Yet pastors, preachers, and priest teach these religious lies. WHY? :shrug:
Why is such blasphemy taught in the religious sector of Satn's World?

While responding, take care not to TWIST the scriptures to your own destruction, so as to justify practicing, and accepting these beliefs that are not based on what the Bible really teaches.-2Peter 3:16:no:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course reincarnation and Halloween aren't mentioned in the bible because they have no origin in abrahamic mythology. Reincarnation is a concept founded in eastern Dharmic religions. And Halloween originates from the Celtic celebration of Samhain. The Bible doesn't encompass the entire history of the entire globe, so it's silly to dismiss or condemn something for not being in the Bible.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
What! Easter? Come on. I know there is something in that book somewhere about Jesus being resurrected with his pet bunny rabbit that laid chocolate eggs to feed the poor....

No?

:D

:areyoucraWho came up with the bunny idea anyway? I've always thought that was kinda strange...

Which tradition came first? The association with the resurrection, or the chocolate egg laying bunny?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Who came up with the bunny idea anyway? I've always thought that was kinda strange...
The easter bunny has its origins in a Norse story about the Goddess of spring, Oestar, resurrecting a rabbit. It was so confused, it laid an egg.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
The easter bunny has its origins in a Norse story about the Goddess of spring, Oestar, resurrecting a rabbit. It was so confused, it laid an egg.

Oh cool! Thank you hun! That sounds like a fun story. I gotta look it up now.:p

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Why does the Bible not mention or teach the following, yet in all mainstream religions, pastors, preachers, and priest teach:

Christmas
Easter
Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation
The Bolded words I know are spoken of in the Bible.

The Italicized words are not universally taught(or not taught at all in any church)

The Underlined segment I have never heard in my life.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Christmas
Easter
Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation

Has the "World Empire of False Rligion" trapped you regarding the these FALSE teachings?

None of the above is either mentioned or remotely taught in the Holy Bible. Yet pastors, preachers, and priest teach these religious lies. WHY? :shrug:

While responding, take care not to TWIST the scriptures to your own destruction, so as to justify practicing, and accepting these beliefs that are not based on what the Bible really teaches.-2Peter 3:16:no:
Uh... are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The word Hell-Fire isn't in the Bible, as far as I know, but I do know that it does speak of a "Lake of Fire" in which sinners are cast into.

The Trinity I think is a Roman creation, speaking of three aspects of the divine that are spoken of in the Bible. Father(God himself) Son(Jesus) and Holy Spirit, which is spoken of in the Bible a couple of times. Jesus also says that there is no forgiveness for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So it kinda is in the Bible, but I think that they were grouped together by the Romans.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Just for my information, in what passage is the (bolded) word "Easter" spoken in the Bible?
I didn't say the bolded words were written as is in the Bible.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC

Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation

The LDs church doesn't teach any of these. We celebrate the Birth of Christ on Dec 25 but we believe it actually happened on April 6th. We also celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The LDs church doesn't teach any of these. We celebrate the Birth of Christ on Dec 25 but we believe it actually happened on April 6th. We also celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We also believe in the immortality of the soul. (At least I do! :) ) You're right, though, that we don't teach most of the things on the list. I wonder where the newbie who started the thread went. Maybe he's just stopping by every religion forum on the web to leave his message. Kind of strikes me as a chicken's way out. :D

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
We also believe in the immortality of the soul. (At least I do! :) ) You're right, though, that we don't teach most of the things on the list. I wonder where the newbie who started the thread went. Maybe he's just stopping by every religion forum on the web to leave his message. Kind of strikes me as a chicken's way out. :D

Oh yeah. I guess I didn't notice the immortality of the soul in the list. :D Oops.

uss_bigd

Christmas
Easter
Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation

If i may just add, Mark 7:7-9 states this

"Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
'For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition'

A

angellous_evangellous

Just for my information, in what passage is the (bolded) word "Easter" spoken in the Bible?

I must have the wrong search criteria.

It does appear in the old KJV.

Acts 12:4
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Jeremy Mason

Christmas
Easter
Halloween
Transubstantion
Rapture
Trinity
Hell-Fire
Immortality of the soul
Infant baptism
Predestination
Omni-presence of God.
Reincarnation

Happy Easter berneymack.:kissbette

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
How'd you arrive at that date?