• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some Muslims come to Debate Forums to proselytize?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Curious? This is a debate forum, not a conversion forum. I'm not talking about all Muslims here, I'm talking about the ones who post something like:

Why don't you accept Islam? We believe in Allah and all his messengers.

croak

Trickster
Well, if they just ask why you don't believe, I don't see how that's proselytizing. If they say you should believe and why, that would be proselytizing.

I wouldn't be surprised if adherents of other faiths on here have knowingly or unknowingly come here to proselytize. How is it a debate, though? Report the post and move on.

croak

Trickster
Sounds like he started a thread stating the tenants of Islam or something. Real random, but I don't see him trying to convert anyone. Indeed, I don't see HOW that could convert anyone.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Good balanced Education will eventually solve these questions when people are able to think critically and discern truth from a sea of flawed analogies.

China is a good example of the positive change that can be induced rapidly by good education, while the middle east is an example of the opposite.

Cheers

croak

Trickster
Good balanced Education will eventually solve these questions when people are able to think critically and discern truth from a sea of flawed analogies.

China is a good example of the positive change that can be induced rapidly by good education, while the middle east is an example of the opposite.

Cheers
Are you talking about religion, and the fact that China has the most atheists?

Major Religions Ranked by Size
Estimates for atheism alone (as a primary religious preference) range from 200 to 240 million. But these come primarily from China and former Soviet Union nations (especially Russia). Prior to Communist takeovers of these regions and government attempts to eradicate religion, both places had very high levels of affiliation with organized religions (especially Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Taoism), as well as high levels of participation in and belief in traditional local traditions such as shamanism, ancestor ceremonies, spiritism, etc. Since the fall of Communism in former Soviet nations and the relaxation of anti-religious policies in China, observed religious affiliation and activity has increased dramatically, especially in Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam.

China probably does have the largest number of actual atheists of any country in the world and many Russians clearly remain atheists. But at this point, it is difficult to accurately determine how many of those classified as atheists or nonreligious during Communist-era USSR and by the current Chinese government are actually atheists according to their personal beliefs, and how many are unregistered religious adherents or participants in less-organized traditional systems that are oriented around ancestors, animism, shamanism, etc. Many people are unaware, for instance, that China has one of the largest, most active Christian communities in the world, and that in many former Soviet nations religions such as shamanism, Islam and Russian Orthodoxy remained even while official government reports announced the elimination of religion in these regions.

You can't just generalize about the entire Middle East. I thought I had a good education.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Curious? This is a debate forum, not a conversion forum. I'm not talking about all Muslims here, I'm talking about the ones who post something like:

So they aren't debating at all? From the looks of it, they are debating to a point, so what's the problem?

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power

Funny enough-i have this question too...i have noticed that majority Muslims like to enforce their opinions and prove that they are pure,Holy and right...

Whereas no one has the right to judge anyone-regardless of religion,sex and ethnicity...

And i still dont understand why do such Muslims impose their opinions forcefully?...