• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some Christians reject Baptism saves?

Dogknox20

No that would be the Catholic church who reject a lot of scripture for their tradition.
Wildswanderer You MUST reject the scriptures to say this! You are FORCED to reject God to say this!

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

You MUST reject the scriptures to reject the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church!
The Catholic Church was established on ROCK by Jesus in person before he ascended!
Jesus gave His Holy Catholic Church all the AUTHORITY of Heaven to TEACH ALL NATIONS!

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

LOGIC ALONE tells you it was the Man made TRADITION of "Scriptures and Faith ALONE" that reject the words of God! Rejecting the CHURCH for self interpratation of scriptures is the root cause of all the chaos! Thousands and thousands of man made churches all claiming to have the ONLY TRUT but not two believe the same things!
Satan has his hands in the making of this TRADITION it has cause all the fragmentation and division of the thousands of man made churches.. Jesus did NOT make ONE of these man made churches all PROTESTING against God and his holy word!

Your church has ZERO AUTHORITY to teach a lick! If it teaches anything then the TRADITION of saved by Scriptures ALONE is a lie! AND.. it is a lie!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The Circumcised were ADDED to the Jewish Nation!
The Baptized are ADDED to the Family of God!
The Baptized are saved because: They are God' Children! The Children of the KING get an Inheritance they are admitted to the KINGDOM of God!

QUESTION: Can you expect to get an Inheritance from your neighbor... NO! Only his children will receive an Inheritance!
Acts 20:32
Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

The Sanctified are the saved!

3000 were ADDED to the body of Jesus God' ONLY SON!
3000 were SAVED by Baptism!
Wildswanderer If you are ADDED to God' ONLY Son then you can also call God Father just as Jesus does!

40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

NO ONE can enter the Kingdom unless they are Baptized!
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
It's funny how you quote verses that don't say what you claim they do. You have it backwards. People are baptized because they are already part of God's family... it's a sign, not magic water.

Dogknox20

Logic doesn't tell me anything of the sort.
LOGIC ALONE tells you it was the Man made TRADITION of "Scriptures and Faith ALONE" that reject the words of God!

I reply....Logic doesn't tell you anything because you reject logic.. PRIDE stops you from accepting the truth!
The idea of All man needs is scriptures ALONE was unheard of for the first 1700 years... Scriptures ALONE is a man made TRADITION started by "Martin Luther"!
For the first 400 years there were NO bibles; the Bible is a book of the ONLY Church established by Jesus before he left earth! FACT: The Bible came after the church!
The Bible is a book of the Church!

Dogknox20

Not true. They had most of the books we do. They just weren't officially in one volume.
The Gospel Of The Ebionites
The Gospel Of The Nazarenes
The Gospel Of Philip

The Gospel Of Truth
The Gospel Of The Savior
The Infancy Gospel Of Thomas
The Gospel Of Peter
The Gospel Of Thomas
The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene
The Gospel Of Judas
etc

They weren't officially in one volume because the "The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church" did NOT make them official! These Gospels (above) are NOT included in the bible because "The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church" that Jesus established on ROCK DECIDED NOT to include them in her book that she named "The Bible"!

She decided what belonged and what did not belong, what books that were NOT INSPIRED by God and what books that were!
She "The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church" produced a bible with 73 books and her Bible today still has 73 books..
Martin Luther's bible had 73 books and the first bible printed The Gutenberg Bible had 73 books; it was people rejecting the words of God in the Great Protest that removed 7 books from the inspired words of God! TODAY...

Wildswanderer today your bible has only 66 books because protesters rejected God' holy words and removed 7 books!
You have been cheated by the Protest and the Great deforming! Toss your bible out of your stinking bathroom window if you reject the authority of the Holy Catholic Church HOW can you accept she got it right in deciding what book that belonged in your Bible?!

Your Bible is a Catholic Book!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No...the earliest church had already rejected the gnostic gospels before the Catholic church officially did.
Not true as those "gospels" didn't start appearing until the 2nd century:
The term gnostic gospels refers to gnostic collections of writings about the teachings of Jesus, written from the 2nd - 4th century AD.[1] These gospels are not accepted by most mainstream Christians as part of the standard Biblical canon. Rather, they are part of what is called the New Testament apocrypha. However, public interest has been spurred by recent novels and films which refer to them... -- Gnostic Gospels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (zubiaga.org)

The 3rd century Church had roughly 1000 bishops from around the known "world" working for over 1/2 a century and considering a great many books that ended up not being included or being put off for later consideration. Records we kept of this process, and there was certainly no slam dunk on the selections.

Dogknox20

please requery. what are you inquiring about?
Being told; baptism does not save without support from scriptures becomes a TRADITION.

There is NO place in the scriptures that say.. "Baptism does NOT save"!
Whole Family's were Baptized!
God wants the Eunuch Baptized, Philips job was not completed until the Eunuch was Baptized.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Being told; baptism does not save without support from scriptures becomes a TRADITION.

There is NO place in the scriptures that say.. "Baptism does NOT save"!
Whole Family's were Baptized!
God wants the Eunuch Baptized, Philips job was not completed until the Eunuch was Baptized.
I didn't ask for a statement of belied. I asked you to requery. You're wrong. There are two baptisms. John's and Jesus'. John's, like the washing of cups, only washed the outside. Jesus's said to first wash the inside because it is what is inside that defiles you. The eyes are the windows to light or darkness within you. So the baptism, immersion into the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost is not like John's baptism of the mundane.

Last edited:

Dogknox20

I didn't ask for a statement of belied. I asked you to requery. You're wrong. There are two baptisms. John's and Jesus'. John's, like the washing of cups, only washed the outside. Jesus's said to first wash the inside because it is what is inside that defiles you. The eyes are the windows to light or darkness within you. So the baptism, immersion into the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost is not like John's baptism of the mundane.
Fool Good point.... John Baptized for the forgiveness of sins!
Mark 1:4
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

The Baptism done by the empowered Church was to ADD people to the Body of Jesus! Baptism performed by the Pentecostal Church the empowered Church forgave sins and added the person to the Body of Jesus! 3000....

Fool
3000 were ADDED to Jesus the first day of Pentecost by Baptism! If ADDED to Jesus then you will never die! Jesus died never to die a second time ALL ADDED to the resurrected Jesus will not die! All ADDED to the Body of Jesus; all IMMERSED into the Body of God' ONLY SON become God' children!

Acts 2:40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day

The Baptism of the empowered Church makes DISCIPLES! Jesus is the Brother of the DISCIPLE! IF...
Fool
if Jesus was your brother then God would then be your father!
Baptism makes disciples!
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing ...

BigBill88

Lots of evil people are baptized didn't stop them from being evil so how does it save or is it once your baptized its a golden ticket into heaven and sins that are committed don't mater anymore.

Dogknox20

Lots of evil people are baptized didn't stop them from being evil so how does it save or is it once your baptized its a golden ticket into heaven and sins that are committed don't mater anymore.
BigBill88 you are mixed up...
Circumcision ADDED the person the Jewish Nation! All men are sinners being ADDED to the people of Moses did not stop people from sinning!

Baptism is the same thing.. Baptism ADDS us into God' holy Family COMMUNION KEEPS us in the Body of Jesus!
53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57

God cannot lie.... IF..

BigBill88
if a Christian sins they can get the sins removed...Jesus empowered his Church to remove or retain sins!

John 20:53 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven
.”

ALSO.. Sins can be removed by prayer..
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

BigBill88 A person who dies with a sin that does NOT lead to death can be saved by prayer! A sin that is small does not make Satan's child.. because it does NOT KILL! A sin that is small still keeps a person out of heaven NOTHING UNCLEAN enters heaven! The sin must be purged the person must be sanctified first before entry!