• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

A face with a palm covering it. Then look in the mirror.

Facepalm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A facepalm (sometimes also face-palm or face palm) is the physical gesture of placing one's hand flat across one's face or lowering one's face into one's hand or hands.

Facepalm's meaning online is the same as the physical gesture's meaning in real life, it expresses frustration, disappointment, embarrassment, shock, surprise or sarcasm.

Oh, as a slap in the face to my irritation about sarcastic smiley faces. I see. Well, let's say that you'll be wishing for such a lenient gesture on the Day of Judgement, whether you believe in it.... or not.

Not for you to judge now is it. You don't know me at all, but are quick to make judgment's with certainty.

I have known you a day or two. Him? over 4 years now.

Once again, you are a hypocrit and guilty of what you place onto others. I don't have to know you well to know what you're about. You're very transparent. And superficial. As I said, please don't raise children. There are already far too many people who think the way you do which is largely why the world is in the state it's in today.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Response: The evidence shows otherwise.
Oh, that would be the evidence of all the terrorism, violence and dehumanization perpetrated on women and non-Muslims by... people who profess to be doing these things in the name of Islam. Got it! :8ball:

sojourner

Oh, as a slap in the face to my irritation about sarcastic smiley faces. I see. Well, let's say that you'll be wishing for such a lenient gesture on the Day of Judgement, whether you believe in it.... or not.
Here's a fine of example of the "Beaver Cleaver Argument." Definition: "Just you wait tip my daddy gets home! he'll fix you!"

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Oh, that would be the evidence of all the terrorism, violence and dehumanization perpetrated on women and non-Muslims by... people who profess to be doing these things in the name of Islam. Got it! :8ball:

Response: Which cannot be condoned by any teaching of Islam, while the terrorism and dehumanization of women in the name of Islam resulting from the oppression, forceful imperialism, and media manipulation by the Western government (ran by Non-Muslims) is well-documented. Thanks for the confirmation.

sojourner

Response: Which cannot be condoned by any teaching of Islam, while the terrorism and dehumanization of women in the name of Islam resulting from the oppression, forceful imperialism, and media manipulation by the Western government (ran by Non-Muslims) is well-documented. Thanks for the confirmation.
Uh huh. I've got my checkbook out -- ready to write you a big check for that lovely swamp land you're selling.

Adstar

Democracy means equality for all. It means one person one vote. In an islamic society this goes against islamic teachings. Firstly men have dominion over woman in islam. So allowing woman to have equal say in government is un-islamic. Also religious minorities must never be allowed to have equal rights in an islamic society. So a non-believer having an equal say in government is un-islamic. Religious minorities must feel themselves to be oppressed in an islamic society. So for these two reasons islam is incomparable with democracy and thats why all attempts to have true democracy in islamic societies are doomed to failure.

Ashraf

Like what good beneficial can a theocracy have?
History has shown its the worst set of rule ever made. With democracy people can decide whats for the best. Equality for men and female, everyone has rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion.

Not saying all support this. But Islamic countries in middle east seem to be for theocracy, Sharia Laws etc.

I am a Muslim and I can say what works for you might not work for others

Each society can decide on their own what is best for them. So to suggest that everyone should follow one system of governance is very illogical

You have to understand that the western version of democracy does not differentiate between what is allowed and what is forbidden as long as the society is ok with it and Islam makes it clear that a Muslim must follow what Alllah commands and avoids what He forbids.

So in short, we have have our own form of "democracy". It is just not identical to yours

mahasn ebn sawresho

Each society can decide on their own what is best for them. So to suggest that everyone should follow one system of governance is very illogical

You have to understand that the western version of democracy does not differentiate between what is allowed and what is forbidden as long as the society is ok with it and Islam makes it clear that a Muslim must follow what Alllah commands and avoids what He forbids.

So in short, we have have our own form of "democracy". It is just not identical to yours
What is your conception of democracy in Islam
Would you be able to write it and the Quran and hadiths
My personal opinion is invalid and especially in Muslim societies
Youcan'texpress your opinionin Muslim societies

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

I agree with the previous post, but I'm not sure how you can square the claim above with the previous comment copied below. You negated democracy in Islamic society and then say you have your own form of democracy. That does not compute. Calling a theocracy a democracy isn't especially honest.

Democracy means equality for all. It means one person one vote. In an islamic society this goes against islamic teachings. Firstly men have dominion over woman in islam. So allowing woman to have equal say in government is un-islamic. Also religious minorities must never be allowed to have equal rights in an islamic society. So a non-believer having an equal say in government is un-islamic. Religious minorities must feel themselves to be oppressed in an islamic society. So for these two reasons islam is incomparable with democracy and thats why all attempts to have true democracy in islamic societies are doomed to failure.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why do Muslims hate democracy?

It is wrong to say that Muslims hate democracy.
Muslims live happily and satisfied in the democratic countries.

Regards

Ashraf

I agree with the previous post, but I'm not sure how you can square the claim above with the previous comment copied below. You negated democracy in Islamic society and then say you have your own form of democracy. That does not compute. Calling a theocracy a democracy isn't especially honest.

Democracy is a western concept. The Islamic system is called Al-Shura. There are some similarities between Al-Shura and democracy but there are also some differences. Maybe you should research more on Al-Shura ro understand what I am talking about

Harikrish

Democracy requires an educated electorate and will not work in countries where Muslims are the majority because the majority of Muslims are illiterate. It is estimated some 800 million Muslims are illiterate.
The only successful governments in IslamicIslamic countries have been dictatorships.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I still haven't met a Muslim who hates democracy. I have met one that would rather live under a Bible and Quran based theocracy (and don't over complicate this one, he is not an "off with their heads" lunatic), but he doesn't hate democracy and he respects democracy where it is practiced. I've seen a few on TV who hate democracy and want only violent tyranny, but they tend to break so many Islamic laws that I don't consider them Muslim.

Ashraf

Democracy requires an educated electorate and will not work in countries where Muslims are the majority because the majority of Muslims are illiterate. It is estimated some 800 million Muslims are illiterate.
The only successful governments in IslamicIslamic countries have been dictatorships.

Hitler was elected democratically and look at what he caused. Certainly Germans were not "educated electorate" when they elected a blood-sucker who caused the deaths of 10's of millions of people

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I still haven't met a Muslim who hates democracy. I have met one that would rather live under a Bible and Quran based theocracy (and don't over complicate this one, he is not an "off with their heads" lunatic), but he doesn't hate democracy and he respects democracy where it is practiced. I've seen a few on TV who hate democracy and want only violent tyranny, but they tend to break so many Islamic laws that I don't consider them Muslim.

well...then lots of Youtube comments are just fake comments by trolls.
Because many comments on Youtube are from Muslims who remark how hideous democracy and freedom of speech are

Shad

Veteran Member
Hitler was elected democratically and look at what he caused. Certainly Germans were not "educated electorate" when they elected a blood-sucker who caused the deaths of 10's of millions of people

No he wasn't, he lost the election. His party won seats in Reichstag in which he was appointed by the President, not the population, to the position of Chancellor by pressure of his party. When the President died Hitler took power illegally. He also illegally combined both the President and Canceller into one person.