• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Lebanese and Turkish Muslims drink alcohol?

Axe Elf

Prophet
You know the old adage--Jews don't recognize the Messiah, Protestants don't recognize the Pope, and Mormons don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I get the sense that they do not much challenge that they should avoid alcohol, but often enough they admit to being flawed enough to want and consume it nonetheless.

There is no actual religious contradiction in there. I guess there is not much pride of observance either, but what is one to do?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I thought alcohol was prohibited in Islam

Alcohol is prohibited in Islam, but that doesn't stop people from indulging in consuming liquor. Your question implies both, and in the previous thread, I stated that Lebanese and Turks are no different than anyone else. The actions of people are not reflective of the religion in this context but upon the individuals themselves.

Sakeenah

Alcohol is prohibited in Islam, but that doesn't stop people from indulging in consuming liquor. Your question implies both, and in the previous thread, I stated that Lebanese and Turks are no different than anyone else. The actions of people are not reflective of the religion in this context but upon the individuals themselves.

This

Komori

There's a sizeable Alevi population in Turkey, who believe alcohol to be permissible and consume wine in certain ceremonies.