• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do christians think Adam and Eve were the first two people?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God made man in the first chapter and told them to be fruitful and multiply... as in... mankind existed in the first chapter of genesis... However, Adam was not created until the second chapter... Adam couldn't have be the "man" spoken of in the first chapter cause god said, "Be fruitful and multiply"... So obviously God made men and women before Adam since Adam can't multiply with himself.
I figured this out easily back when I was a christian just through reading the bible. However, most Christians seem to think all of humanity came from two people.

Please keep in mind there are two accounts of creation in Genesis:
* The first is from the viewpoint that describes the creation of heaven and earth and all in them from Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4.
* The second account - Genesis 2:5 to Genesis 4:26 - concentrates on the creation of the human race and it fall into sin.

* The first account is constructed chronologically and is divided into 6 consecutive creative ' days' summed up as a day at Genesis 2:4
* The second account is written in the order of topical importance. Genesis chapter 2 adds some details which do Not conflict but just takes up at a point in the 3rd creative day.
All created before day 7 which day 7 was still on-going in Paul's day - Hebrews 4:4-11

Jesus believed he came from those original two people - Luke 3:38; 1 Chronicles 1:1; compare Matthew 19:4-6 with Genesis 2:24.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm with you, buddy. Genesis is not meant to be taken as history. It's allegory.

Then the whole Bible is allegory ?
Ezra wrote the Jewish ancestral list starting with Adam at Chronicles 1:1 to chapter 9
Luke had access to the temple records, and at Luke 3:38 Luke names Adam as a real person. Who at that time frame wrote that what Luke wrote was wrong.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Then the whole Bible is allegory ?
Ezra wrote the Jewish ancestral list starting with Adam at Chronicles 1:1 to chapter 9
Luke had access to the temple records, and at Luke 3:38 Luke names Adam as a real person. Who at that time frame wrote that what Luke wrote was wrong.
Why would that matter either way? I fail to see why the absence of a writer from that time stating that Luke was wrong would make any difference. How is that relevant?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why would that matter either way? I fail to see why the absence of a writer from that time stating that Luke was wrong would make any difference. How is that relevant?

No one at that time challenged the temple records as being wrong. Luke had access to those records and what Luke wrote was in harmony with those public records
If someone wanted to discredit Jesus, then it would be easy to point out what Luke wrote was wrong. No one did that including Jesus' enemies.
So, it is relevant that even Jesus' enemies did Not challenge the existing records.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Folks like to doubt the Bible,, but God seems to know what questions we would have,, and has already answered them in His Scripture.

Thanks Hockeycowboy,,,,you got it right, and thought I would draw more attention to it.

I appreciate your comment, Mr. Beebe......but I'm afraid we'll disagree in other areas.

Take care.