• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians defend the horrendously brutal and genocidal God of the Old Testament?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I'll say it again, you don't need religion to love your neighbor and treat others with kindness. This delusion that the world needs YOUR idea of the perfect world which involves everyone bowing to a theocracy is more divisive then helpful.

I think we all can and should contribute towards the betterment of humanity because to bring peace and love back into it will require all of us to play our part.

Humanity needs all people to work for it’s betterment and to establish peace. So I hope you will also arise to help humanity achieve peace.

I think one of the greatest obstacles towards peace is lack of tolerance towards diversity of belief and condemnation of other peoples beliefs. Live and let live. Be free from prejudice!

How can we live in peace if we don’t respect each other’s diversity? If the atheist is always condemning the religionist and visa versa can there be peace? If Muslims, Christians and Jews are forever condemning each other how can we have peace? If black and white kill each other how can we love one another?

The only solution is to respect all life and be tolerant and respectful of all diversity in the human family. If we can look at the good and not always find fault with each other’s beliefs what a better world this would be.

One of the best ways we can love each other is to be tolerant of each other’s beliefs. This will change the world when we can be mature enough to practise it.

That’s why I believe in the truth of all religions and science as well. All truth is acceptable no matter where it comes from.

Looncall

I think we all can and should contribute towards the betterment of humanity because to bring peace and love back into it will require all of us to play our part.

Humanity needs all people to work for it’s betterment and to establish peace. So I hope you will also arise to help humanity achieve peace.

I think one of the greatest obstacles towards peace is lack of tolerance towards diversity of belief and condemnation of other peoples beliefs. Live and let live. Be free from prejudice!

How can we live in peace if we don’t respect each other’s diversity? If the atheist is always condemning the religionist and visa versa can there be peace? If Muslims, Christians and Jews are forever condemning each other how can we have peace? If black and white kill each other how can we love one another?

The only solution is to respect all life and be tolerant and respectful of all diversity in the human family. If we can look at the good and not always find fault with each other’s beliefs what a better world this would be.

One of the best ways we can love each other is to be tolerant of each other’s beliefs. This will change the world when we can be mature enough to practise it.

That’s why I believe in the truth of all religions and science as well. All truth is acceptable no matter where it comes from.

Yeah, sure, but what do we do about obvious scams and promotion of hatred by religions?

The problem is that humans are wired for conflict, for a tribal us vs them mentality. If humanity ever matures to the point where we stop putting self serving people in charge of governments and have governments that encourage tolerance and actually work for the people instead of vice versa coupled with enough resources to support everyone (unlikely) we could have a peaceful world. Things are far too out of hand now. There is not enough resources to go around. If there are survivors from world war three with sufficient knowledge and resources to rebuild and they learn from humanities past mistakes for once, then maybe there will be a peaceful world. Religion has been around as long as mankind, if religion could make the world a peaceful place, we would be living in a peaceful world now.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The problem is that humans are wired for conflict, for a tribal us vs them mentality. If humanity ever matures to the point where we stop putting self serving people in charge of governments and have governments that encourage tolerance and actually work for the people instead of vice versa coupled with enough resources to support everyone (unlikely) we could have a peaceful world. Things are far too out of hand now. There is not enough resources to go around. If there are survivors from world war three with sufficient knowledge and resources to rebuild and they learn from humanities past mistakes for once, then maybe there will be a peaceful world. Religion has been around as long as mankind, if religion could make the world a peaceful place, we would be living in a peaceful world now.

I agree that it’s a matter of maturity. We have made leaps and bounds in scientific advancement but still cannot get along with each other.

I believe the solution is moral, spiritual and ethical education centred around the oneness and equality of all humanity to be taught in all the schools of the world from an early age to instil into people respect and tolerance for all nations races and religions, that all are equal and none superior.

The interests of humanity as a whole should come before other interests. A lot of humanity’s problems such as global warming, poverty and war can only be solved together and as a united world.