• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do atheists/agnostics/liberals have an anti American attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
If they banned everyone who behaves as he does, there'd be few left here.
Note that you're insulting him for being insulting.

Well, I am an insulting person. :yes:

The difference is that I actually have his posts to back me up, whereas he seems to lash out at people for no particular reason (ie, insinuating that all liberals are anti-American and hate babies). I don't have a problem with insults as long as they're relevant (and truthful in some way). For example, you could call me a "loony-tunes commie psychopath" and it wouldn't be a violation of the rules (at least as far as I understand them), assuming that my posts you were replying to were actually somehow related to communism and not, for example, gay marriage, Christianity, the Bush presidency, etc (there's lots of examples).

Oh, and I actually believe most of what I say, whereas I get the impression that he only says things to make people angry (hence his obsession with "winning" an argument after people furiously give up on trying to reason with him). The whole thing about liberals supposedly hating babies kind of gave that away.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, I am an insulting person. :yes:

The difference is that I actually have his posts to back me up, whereas he seems to lash out at people for no particular reason (ie, insinuating that all liberals are anti-American and hate babies). I don't have a problem with insults as long as they're relevant (and truthful in some way). For example, you could call me a "loony-tunes commie psychopath" and it wouldn't be a violation of the rules (at least as far as I understand them), assuming that my posts you were replying to were actually somehow related to communism and not, for example, gay marriage, Christianity, the Bush presidency, etc (there's lots of examples).

Oh, and I actually believe most of what I say, whereas I get the impression that he only says things to make people angry (hence his obsession with "winning" an argument after people furiously give up on trying to reason with him). The whole thing about liberals supposedly hating babies kind of gave that away.
You two are opposite sides of the same coin & are needed here.
I want neither of you banned.
(Btw, I'm not coming on to you.)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Thank you for the next best example of total disrespect for the ethics of this forum. Don't be alarmed, I don't push the red button It does interest me though how long you usual suspects can go in violation of the rules until somebody closes you out. It will happen as you guys continue to give up on defending your political philosophies and resort to ridicule and personal attacks. I like it as it means I have won the debate.
*yawns*

Can someone wake me up when the sermon is over?
Thanks

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Part of the social contract in a democracy is to say "we will all bear the burden for what the majority supports". There are exceptions for "tyranny of the majority" type things, but it mostly holds true.

Misuse of public property, such as to unlawfully proselytize, is not part of the social contract.
It is unlawful to proselytize? What law is that?

Debunker

Um, not to be rude, but why has this blatant troll not been banned yet?

There was doubt before, but with an OP like that (and some other comments I've ran by, in addition to blatant personal attacks and a general refusal to make relevant points), it's getting more and more obvious that his only purpose here is to insult people and then try and pose like a victim. It gets annoying after a while, especially after people have answered his ridiculous "arguments" several times.

You have filed to read the thread if you are accusing the OP of being a troll. He has insulted no one. He only points out that extreme position whether thwy come from liberals or conservatives are irresponsible. That is only a common sense position which most American adhere too. If that is too rich for your blood, we are all sorry.

When has the OP insulted you with a personal attack? When has he called you a troll? You, on the other hand, prove that the extreme behavior is a bad example by trying to drum up support to ban somebody for their very common ideas. My ideas are not likely to infringe on your freedoms. This is my thread but you are welcome here as much as anybody but please debate and do not attack others. That is what trolling is.

Status
Not open for further replies.