• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why didn't sporks ever take off?

Booko

Deviled Hen
GeneCosta said:
The question is: why didn't sporks become popular?

a. They are made of plastic, and are therefore lame.

b. The tines are too short to function well as a fork.

c. The tines make the spoonfulness less efficient.

Sporks were clearly created by a committee.

Committee n. A life form with six or more legs and no brain.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Booko said:
a. They are made of plastic, and are therefore lame.

b. The tines are too short to function well as a fork.

c. The tines make the spoonfulness less efficient.

Sporks were clearly created by a committee.

Committee n. A life form with six or more legs and no brain.
You people only got plastic sporks? How jipped is that? Here they're actual real cutlery. They come into their own with a chunky fruit salad.;)

However, having said that, they never became popular because they are unnatural. An item is either a fork or a spoon...it's against the laws of a variety of gods and man for it to be both. Sporks lead to fiery damnation, and as such should be shunned.:yes:

evearael

I have fond childhood memories of eating pintos and cheese from Taco Bell with sporks... before I began boycotting them. :)

des

Tell this all to the high school I work at. (I'm assuming this is district wide, though admittedly this is a small district by most standards.) In the cafeteria all you can get is a spork. I am not sure the stuff served there is actually food, but it is consumed, shovelled into mouths by thousands and thousands of sporks. No wonder we can't educate these kids. :)
And here I thought it had to do with funding practices, curriculum in grade schools, inequities in child development of inner city kids, and it was all sporks...

In the 80s this school was considered a top school in the nation. Now it is in the pits, that was around when sporks were invented wasn't it?

Inquiring minds what to know.

--des

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
des said:
Tell this all to the high school I work at. (I'm assuming this is district wide, though admittedly this is a small district by most standards.) In the cafeteria all you can get is a spork. I am not sure the stuff served there is actually food, but it is consumed, shovelled into mouths by thousands and thousands of sporks. No wonder we can't educate these kids. :)
And here I thought it had to do with funding practices, curriculum in grade schools, inequities in child development of inner city kids, and it was all sporks...

In the 80s this school was considered a top school in the nation. Now it is in the pits, that was around when sporks were invented wasn't it?

Inquiring minds what to know.

--des
See? SEE!? There's the proof! Sporks is the work of the Debil!:faint:
Call in Bob Larsen, he can exorcise the spirit of Spork from you in only 50 sessions for a small donation.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
GeneCosta said:

Maybe they were not aware of the Church of the Spork or that sporks are godlike as clearly demonstrated below (taken from godlike link):

spork2.gif

Circle_One

Uh, sporks are popular with me, thank you very much.

I actually, honestly, have a spork tattoo in the works. It has a bloody eyeball impaled on the tines.

(For those who don't get it, I often use the threat of "I'm going to stab him in the eye with a spork!")

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
GeneCosta said:

They weren't good forks, and they weren't good spoons. Since forks and spoons are reasonably inexpensive, there is nothing to be gained by sporks.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
You know, I've just realised something. Our metal sporks aren't sporks at all. They're a dinky little doodad Australian invention called a splayd. They have a knifey component as well, with one edge of the spooney/forkey bit being sharpened just enough to mash through something without slicing open your mouth while you eat.
There you go...why the US got jipped on the spork front. You don't have splayds.