• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't God Leave Huge Quantities of Secular Evidence For Jesus?

Skywalker

Nope. There are countless atheists out there. And you do not seem to understand the concept of evidence since you have totally failed to supply any. A lack of belief in your myth has nothing to do with people's "lifestyle". What you said is actually a personal attack against others. It would be the same as if I claimed that all believers in God were mentally deficient. It is probably against the rules of the forum.

By lifestyle I meant people who don't want to let go of behaviors like pride and arrogance. I believe that unbelievers secretly believe in God but are in denial because to believe in God you have to follow limitations in your behavior. The Suppression of Truth

It is not true that sinners are ignorant of God. Nor is it true that they have forgotten or overlooked Him. It is not true that His revelation is “obscured by sin.” Romans 1:20 says that God’s righteousness is clearly seen. It says that these are “invisible qualities,” which means that all men know things that are invisible, not of this world. It is the goal of all men to suppress this knowledge, however, and that is the purpose of all the religions and philosophies erected by men. They accept some marginal aspects of truth, and absolutize these in order to suppress the most important aspect of truth: God Himself.

Everyone is born with a desire to seek God but some people suppress it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By lifestyle I meant people who don't want to let go of behaviors like pride and arrogance. I believe that unbelievers secretly believe in God but are in denial because to believe in God you have to follow limitations in your behavior. The Suppression of Truth

Everyone is born with a desire to seek God but some people suppress it.

Everyone is actually born an atheist. Religious beliefs need to be indoctrinated at an early age. Very few people brought up as atheists become theists.

Skywalker

Everyone is actually born an atheist. Religious beliefs need to be indoctrinated at an early age. Very few people brought up as atheists become theists.

People are not born atheists. They choose not to see the God who so clearly revealed himself in creation because they want to be their own God. That is why parents teach kids about having a relationship with God, because in our sinful nature we tend to forget where we come from. Very few atheists become theists because it's convenient to their way of life to question there being no God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People are not born atheists. They choose not to see the God who so clearly revealed himself in creation because they want to be their own God. That is why parents teach kids about having a relationship with God, because in our sinful nature we tend to forget where we come from. Very few atheists become theists because it's convenient to their way of life to question there being no God.
You cannot choose to ignore that which does not exist. You keep making claims that put a burden of proof upon you. When you run away from that burden it only looks as if you are spreading falsehoods. Where is your evidence for a god? You do not seem to understand what qualifies for evidence so this could be an impossible task for you.

Skywalker

You cannot choose to ignore that which does not exist. You keep making claims that put a burden of proof upon you. When you run away from that burden it only looks as if you are spreading falsehoods. Where is your evidence for a god? You do not seem to understand what qualifies for evidence so this could be an impossible task for you.

The evidence for God is look around you-the creation reveals that there is a Creator. We don't see God but we see his creation all around us. The creation declares the glory of God, like Psalms 19:1 says.

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The Bible talks about the holines and justices and love of God and the sinful nature of human beings. .. In pagan religions the sinfulness of people is not emphasized ..
Ah, all because Adam and Eve ate an apple that we all are sinners? Wise of pagan religions not to believe on such weird ideas.

Skywalker

Ah, all because Adam and Eve ate an apple that we all are sinners? Wise of pagan religions not to believe on such weird ideas.

There had to be a test where people would choose the right or wrong thing. Without that test we would all be robots. Pagan religions also believe in sin, but they don't believe in the holy just loving God of the Bible. Hell Inside The Earth - by David J. Stewart

The Bible describes man's wickedness and sin nature to a "t." No other book upon the earth addresses the sinfulness of mankind as does the Bible

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The evidence for God is look around you-the creation reveals that there is a Creator. We don't see God but we see his creation all around us. The creation declares the glory of God, like Psalms 19:1 says.
No, that is not evidence for God. We can explain what we see when one looks around without invoking magic.

I don't believe in a hell, it seems something too pubescent for me. Anyone desiring it even subconsciously is a glutton for the nonexistent punishment.

Skywalker

I don't believe in a hell, it seems something too pubescent for me. Anyone desiring it even subconsciously is a glutton for the nonexistent punishment.

When people do something wrong, isn't there a consequence? The consequences of not following God's laws are eternal separation from God. God died for every single person to make a way for them.

Skywalker

It isn't. See if you can reason through this. No need to invoke magic.

People say that God didn't show himself to them. The creation reveals God's creation all around us. We don''t see God but we see his creation. His Eternal Power and Godhead

Romans 1:20-22, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.”

What a precious passage of Scripture. The INVISIBLE THINGS of God from the creation of the world have been clearly seen by the things which are made. The Old Testament confirms this awesome doctrine in Psalms 19:1-3, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.”

Skywalker

Seems to me that God is eternal like the Universe.

The universe is a creation of God. Is There A God?

Another baffling thought is the size of the universe... how big is it? Can the universe have an end? If so, then what exists beyond the universe?... more universe? Trying to understand such a mystery is a perplexing and mind-numbing exercise in futility. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the universe to have a boundary, a limit. What would exist beyond that limit? Even empty space is something, it occupies SPACE. So where does the space end? At what point is there nothing, and what exactly is nothing if it takes up space? There is NO humanly plausible answer. Though multitudes of godless “experts” and “professors” have arrogantly tried to explain such mysteries by teaching babble and false science, the net sum of all their answers is utter foolishness. The ONLY logical answer is a Divine Creator.

joelr

The concepts of the Bible being in other stories supports that the flood that the Bible talked about happened. Did the Bible copy the Flood account from other myths and legends? | GotQuestions.org
https://www.gotquestions.org/Flood-accounts.html

Do you think repeating a fallacy I already debunked makes it more true the 2nd time?
It also supports the idea that the Israelites took a myth and re-worked it so they too would have a flood story. Since there has never been evidence of the supernatural this is almost 100% likely to be the case.

Is the Matrix a real story because it used several older stories?

everyone knows that there is a God because of the starry heavens above and the moral law within. Everyone knows that there is a devil because if there is good, there is evil.

So you haven't ever been taught how stars are formed? Every religion claims their God is real because morals. They are all wrong. So the odds that you are as well is very likely.
Also we don't get morals from the Bible. Besides that biblical law is exactly the same as the laws from other nations of the period (Dr Josh speaks on this often) we don't follow those morals. We pick and choose. If the Bible was a strict moral standard then it would be immoral for women to speak in church. Graven images would be immoral yet religious freedom is a big modern moral.
"Good" is an abstract quality that we put on events and things. So is "evil". Personifications of them are one reason why ancient people created fictional Gods. The Biblical characters are another example.

Feel free to put forth some evidence anytime? You are just preaching beliefs.

The Hebrew Bible talks about souls, afterlife, and the resurrection of the dead. What does it mean that we have eternity in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11)? | GotQuestions.org
https://www.gotquestions.org/eternity-in-our-hearts.html

That is the English translation. After the fact when people already accepted Persian myths as part of the religion.

"The difference might not be obvious but it is vital. The English version means that even though God put eternity in people's hearts, they cannot understand it. The Amharic version says that God has put eternity in the hearts of men so that they cannot understand it. This means that people cannot understand the work of God by their minds, but only by their hearts. The Amharic version seems like the right one to me, but I do not know the original languages"

Why do you think Hebrew high priests rejected the concepts because the Torah said nothing about these concepts.
These religious thinkers never knew about concepts you said everyone should know. SO that isn't true. You "know it" after your culture adds new myths to a religion. Then you pretend like everyone always knew.

The Hebrew Bible mentions heaven in Psalm 23:6.

In Jewish cosmology there were 7 heavens. God and the stars lived there. Heaven as a destination for all followers and their souls came after the Persian/Greek invasion.
The Hebrew religious leaders were influenced by them. Already a known fact.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Already did this one. It's not a reference to a soul going to heaven. This was like just a week ago we covered this?

I'm not saying something is true because it was taken from an older myth, I'm saying that the story of the flood being passed down is other beliefs copying the Bible, not the other way around.

Except the evidence shows Israel emerged around 1200B.C. and their myths and stories emerged then as well.
Prior to that Israel was the Canaanite culture and they had different myths. They brought Ashera over for a while as a consort to Yahweh before they became monotheistic.

Again you are just stating beliefs without evidence. We know what you believe. But there isn't proof. And it's very unlikely that the magic folktales of one culture are actually real. These stories are no different than Egyptian or Mesopotamian myths.

joelr

It is purpose it isn't just nature. Why would nature give trees the ability to give us oxygen and vice versa? That is design, not purpose.

So you understand zero science?
Trees were here before all animals. As life began spending more time out of the water it adapted the ability to breath whatever atmosphere was available. Now looking backwards people who don't understand basic evolution think we live in a magic kingdom where everything is here for us and to help us live.