• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God create homosexuality?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry, but until you prove that your God even exists you are in no position to claim "God made the rules".
I can say I believe God made the rules without proving God exists. Nobody can ever prove that God exists except to themselves.
Now as a believer you probably should follow those rules but you are in no position to even judge someone for not following those rules.
I do follow those no sex out of wedlock rules. I followed them even before I had a religion.
Who said I was judging anyone?
Your sources, since they are grossly unsupported can all be dismissed with a big "so what?". Those only apply to followers at best. And I am pretty sure that there are quite a few that do not follow those archaic values.
I don't care about what other people do, I only care about what I do. There is nothing archaic about no sex out of wedlock.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I said 'engage', not invite in my home.
...I have been overly Christ-like in this conversation. Suffering the incessant and exasperating remarks by you and your cohorts, who prefer to debate over semantics rather than principle and fundamentals - penises were made for vaginas, and men should not dress like woman.
When you say rather ignorant such things as "penises were made for vaginas" of course you are not going to treated with respect.

Actions cannot be banned or even deemed harmful without valid evidence. If you want to drag your personal holy book into this you put a burden on yourself to demonstrate that it is valid. Also you might want to look into the science of gender fluidity. It is not as cut and dried as you seem to think that it is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can say I believe God made the rules without proving God exists. Nobody can ever prove that God exists except to themselves.

Of course you can believe that. But if you try to apply those beliefs upon others without reliable evidence you are in the wrong. And your last sentence adds up to a declaration that your God does not exist.

I do follow those no sex out of wedlock rules. I followed them even before I had a religion.
Who said I was judging anyone?

I would have to go back, but I bet that I can find some posts of yours where your judgment is clear. Apply those rules to yourself all that you want.

I don't care about what other people do, I only care about what I do. There is nothing archaic about no sex out of wedlock.

This is a reading comprehension fail on your part. That indicates that cognitive dissonance may be a problem. It is the laws that are archaic. Not the action.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have no burden of proof since I am not trying to prove anything to anyone.

The evidence has been presented dozens of times. Whether YOU consider it reliable or not is a moot point. Evidence is evidence.

I have no problem with your disbelief so why do you have a problem with my belief?
You are not going to prove that my belief is false with a personal opinion so why continue telling me I am wrong?

It is an argumentum ad populum when you say many people have told me I am wrong so it must be true that I am wrong. You now have a chance to wiggle out of this if you say that those many people are not necessarily correct about me being wrong.

You have not proven that I am wrong or terribly wrong so that is just a personal opinion, an egotistical bald assertion. Show me some proof that I am wrong and then we will have something to discuss.
Fractally wrong.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I agree with God's decision to kill all those that He deemed worthy of death. Every single one of us deserve to die immediately, and flippin' yes, including myself.
The proof of God's love is that even though God does not need humans for anything at all, God does not kill every one of us, but rather He sent Jesus to save all of us.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I cannot imagine what God thinks of people who throw that back in His Face, or what will happen to them. It's a good thing for them I am not God because I am nowhere near as merciful.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course you can believe that. But if you try to apply those beliefs upon others without reliable evidence you are in the wrong. And your last sentence adds up to a declaration that your God does not exist.
I never try to apply my beliefs to others...

To say that "Nobody can ever prove that God exists except to themselves adds up to a declaration that God does not exist" is so illogical that I am falling off my chair and I am standing up!

Do you want to know why it is illogical? It is illogical because proof does not make God exist.
Logically speaking, God either exists or God does not exist and God could exist even if there was no proof at all. Proof is just what people WANT in order to believe that God exists, proof has nothing to do with whether or not God exists!
This is a reading comprehension fail on your part. That indicates that cognitive dissonance may be a problem. It is the laws that are archaic. Not the action.
I have no reading comprehension problem or cognitive dissonance. I know that the laws of the older religions are archaic. However, the Baha'i Laws are not archaic.

What does the word archaic literally mean?

It can also mean something that is outdated but can still be found in the present and therefore could seem out of place. The word comes from archaic (i.e., ancient) Greek, archaikos, and literally means "from Classical Greek culture," though its meaning has broadened as it's been used in English.

archaic - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
For him to be involved in such acts would be immoral but that is because he is a Baha'i and it would be breaking a Baha'i Law but that does not mean it is immoral for non-Baha'is. Immoral for one person is not necessarily immoral for another.

Moreover, he has just as much of a right to disapprove of homosexuality as you have a right to approve of it.
We have different views on this. It is immoral for all, but I am saying we cannot judge non-Baha'is for engaging in this act. It is quite understandable for them to act this way. It is a small sin compared to most also. It is also understandable for Baha'is to act this way, after all there is no Baha'i marriage except between people of opposite genders.

Yes, we do have that right to disapprove of homosexual acts.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We have different views on this. It is immoral for all, but I am saying we cannot judge non-Baha'is for engaging in this act. It is quite understandable for them to act this way. It is a small sin compared to most also. It is also understandable for Baha'is to act this way, after all there is no Baha'i marriage except between people of opposite genders.

Yes, we do have that right to disapprove of homosexual acts.
No, now that you explained it I agree, so we do not have different views on this.

Truthseeker

Homosexuality, as with a great of other attributes of humans, is the result of a complex interplay of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences.
Mostly genetic.
I don't judge you for that at all. My own wife is gay, though she doesn't engage in homosexual acts. It is a minor thing for you to engage in homosexual acts, and quite understandable. Heterosexuals after all do this all the time do this before marriage. I can't be condemning so many people.:eek:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I never try to apply my beliefs to others...

To say that "Nobody can ever prove that God exists except to themselves adds up to a declaration that God does not exist" is so illogical that I am falling off my chair and I am standing up!

Do you want to know why it is illogical? It is illogical because proof does not make God exist.
Logically speaking, God either exists or God does not exist and God could exist even if there was no proof at all. Proof is just what people WANT in order to believe that God exists, proof has nothing to do with whether or not God exists!

I have no reading comprehension problem or cognitive dissonance. I know that the laws of the older religions are archaic. However, the Baha'i Laws are not archaic.

What does the word archaic literally mean?

It can also mean something that is outdated but can still be found in the present and therefore could seem out of place. The word comes from archaic (i.e., ancient) Greek, archaikos, and literally means "from Classical Greek culture," though its meaning has broadened as it's been used in English.

archaic - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
Work on that reading comprehension a bit. You were the one that was in effect saying that your God does not exist. By the way, a strawman argument is not proper either. And yes, you do appear to have both of those problems.

And until you own up to some of your past gross errors you only merit corrections from me. When you are rude, and using a strawman argument is very rude, I will not answer any questions.

Truthseeker

From my pov I am not arguing, since I am not trying to prove anything. :D
I have not looked in detail to what you are saying. I have not seen you trying to prove anything in the ones I have seen. There is a lot of psychoanalysis in them is my impression. However, I have skimmed over them too fast.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm so glad you can be humble enough to change your mind!:)
I was already thinking that but I did not want to say it because I know what people would think or say and am kind of a coward. :(

It is difficult not to judge something one believes is immoral, but it is possible, especially if one puts it in perspective with all the other immoral things people do.

We all have our own struggles and they are different. I am not one to judge just because I never struggled with waiting to have sex until I got married. That was not very difficult for me because I have a lot of self-control, but I sure made up for lost time after I got married. :D

Last edited:

Firelight

Inactive member
It's literally not semantics. Homosexuality in the 21st century (even 20th century) is not the biblical definition.

If you want to talk about that word you'd have to use the actual definition. If you want to talk about the morality of same-sex sex, use that. Homosexuality is no longer seen as a disorder, mental illness, or illegal. I don't see it that way and I do know quite a few christians that don't see it that way thank goodness (speaking of those who use the term homosexuality correctly).

There you go again, for at least the 15th time, with your own definition that is different from the OP. Do you have a problem with arguing your definition on YOUR OWN created thread instead of continuing to force it on someone else’s thread? How is anyone supposed to address and discuss homosexuality according to the OP when you continue to interrupt with your own definition and agenda?

Reactions: DNB

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have not looked in detail to what you are saying. I have not seen you trying to prove anything in the ones I have seen. There is a lot of psychoanalysis in them is my impression. However, I have skimmed over them too fast.
Psychoanalysis is what comes naturally to me because psychology was my field. :);)

Truthseeker

Psychoanalysis is what comes naturally to me because psychology was my field. :);)
You are trying to prove to him what his psychology is, so you are trying to prove something. I did a little of that myself, trying to show him how he was judging me while I wasn't judging homosexuals. It had no impression on him, at least it appeared that way. Who knows what impression it really made.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Work on that reading comprehension a bit. You were the one that was in effect saying that your God does not exist. By the way, a strawman argument is not proper either. And yes, you do appear to have both of those problems.
When did I ever say that God does not exist? I never said that so that is the biggest strawman of all.
In fact, what I have been saying is that I not only believe that God exists, I know that God exists.

I guess you did not comprehend what I said. I said that proof does not make God exist, because God could exist and not provide any proof at all. God did provide proof only because of His love for us, not because we deserve proof.
And until you own up to some of your past gross errors you only merit corrections from me.
I only merit corrections from God, I merit no corrections from you because you are not God.
When you are rude, and using a strawman argument is very rude, I will not answer any questions.
It is not a strawman argument unless I deliberately misrepresented your position. I did no such thing.

You are perfectly welcome to correct anything I said that you believe misrepresented your position, just as I did above. That is what people do if they believe they have been misrepresented.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are trying to prove to him what his psychology is, so you are trying to prove something. I did a little of that myself, trying to show him how he was judging me while I wasn't judging homosexuals. It had no impression on him, at least it appeared that way. Who knows what impression it really made.
No Duane that is not what I am doing. I am calling him out because all the things he keeps saying about me are unjust since he has nothing to back them up except his own personal opinion. It just so happens that I know psychology so it is really easy to see through the facade and the obfuscation and the understated insults.

Did you forget what Baha'ullah wrote about justice? I will not tolerate injustice anymore than Baha'u'llah tolerated it.

2: O SON OF SPIRIT! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 3-4

64: O OPPRESSORS ON EARTH! Withdraw your hands from tyranny, for I have pledged Myself not to forgive any man’s injustice. This is My covenant which I have irrevocably decreed in the preserved tablet and sealed with My seal.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 44

Last edited: