• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why death is a must?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why we're made to die?
It does not look like we are.

Instead, it seems that we die because we can't afford not to. Our systems simply can't be kept functional indefinitely.

why we can't expand our life span to 200 years,
why we can't stay youth? is't just how nature supposed to work?
why nature brought us to this life with the ability to see, to think, to walk,
but it failed to keep us youth for as long as 200 years?
Is't just the work of luck or the work of a plan?
I guess that no one truly knows, and therefore it is a personal call whether those questions are important, how much sense they make, and how to answer them.

Personally, I think that death is indeed unavoidable and, in practice, necessary. If for no other reason, due to ecological (and now sociological) limitations of the environment.

So yeah, it is all basically luck of the draw as expressed by the consequences that arise from our own existence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What distinguishes humans from other creatures is that humans for most of their lives have to live with the knowledge that eventually they will die. That knowledge is what has propelled the creation and propagation of religious beliefs,
Most people do not start thinking about death till they get older, at least I never did. When people are young, they think they are immortal, but when we get older reality sets in.

I know I will die physically, and thank God for that. I have no desire to take my physical body with me to the afterlife.
So we will need to go on doing what most humans have been doing for hundreds of thousands of years, make the best of our allocated life span, accept mortality, and stop wasting time and energy on fighting or pondering on our immanent demise.
I think we should make the best of our time on earth and not dote on the afterlife, but by the same token I think we should be aware that this is not the end of life, it is just one short phase of our total existence. As long as we live a good life here, do onto others as we would be done by, we should be fine in the afterlife, no matter what we believed or disbelieved.