• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why believe in only one God? My answer

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit. We Are the creations of God. God wants our love. Just like a mother wants their child to love her. (This is my belief)

God wants us to thank him for the blessings we have in this life. To thank God and love God is worship. Because he is the one who created us. A human mother also wants their children to thank her for gifts, a good meal or clothes she buy to her children.

Why is it important to believe in only one God in my opinion? Because if I give thanks to other gods for blessings in my life then i dissipoint God.

If for example my human mother had buyed a piano to me but i gave thanks to my aunt for the piano Or if i promised my human mother to help her with something important but instead i choosed not to help her.

My human mother would feel disipointment and our relationship would become bad . God is in my understanding like that.(this is my belief)

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Lain

I believe God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit. We Are the creations of God. God wants our love. Just like a human Father and mother wants their child to love them. (This is my belief)

God wants us to thank him for the blessings we have in this life. To thank God and love God is worship. Because he is the one who created us. A human Father and mother also wants their children to thank them for gifts, a good meal or clothes they buy to their children.

Why is it important to believe in only one God in my opinion? Because if I give thanks to other gods for blessings in my life then i dissipoint God.

If for example my human father had buyed a piano to me but i gave thanks to my aunt for the piano Or if i promised my human father help him with something important but instead i choosed not to help him. My human father would feel disipointment and our relationship would become bad . God is in my understanding like that.(this is my belief)

Any thoughts on this?

I agree with this, but also I think that the Supreme Being can by definition only be singular, or else it would not be the Supreme Being. So one has to have One God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Desiring God brings honor while desiring other then him and his face, brings disgrace. God knowing this would not hide himself from creation and yet wanting to be craved and desired, would not fully display himself to his full ability either. He is the manifest and the hidden, the outward and inward.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
One God. Science theories multi God forms. Attacks converts removed any Multi God.

Giving the human an idea that God is a non stop resource until the God body retaliates.

One God meant if you claim God owns everything then you can't want to change God.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit. We Are the creations of God. God wants our love. Just like a mother wants their child to love her. (This is my belief)

God wants us to thank him for the blessings we have in this life. To thank God and love God is worship. Because he is the one who created us. A human mother also wants their children to thank her for gifts, a good meal or clothes she buy to her children.

If for example my human mother had buyed a piano to me but i gave thanks to my aunt for the piano Or if i promised my human mother to help her with something important but instead i choosed not to help her.

My human mother would feel disipointment and our relationship would become bad . God is in my understanding like that.(this is my belief)

Any thoughts on this?
This seems very much like a human created God where human emotions and wants are being projected onto the entity.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Any thoughts on this?

I believe differently.

Starlight

We evolved, as have all living things, that is an objective fact.

I find that conclusion as dubious as the full stop in the middle of that sentence.
God is the creator of the universe/universes regardless if the evolution theory is true. Many religious people believe God is behind the big bang and the evolution of all beings

Starlight

This seems very much like a human created God where human emotions and wants are being projected onto the entity.
Maybe you are correct and I am wrong. But in my opinion it is high probability that God wants because humans wants. Because humans are created in God's image.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What do you believe?

I am a global skeptic. I don't know what objective reality is in itself including whether there is a God, but not limited to the supernatural.

I believe I am in this everyday world. What that world is independent of humans, I have no positive or negative beliefs about.