• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Pakistani girls so beautiful?

Reading is hard. I didn't say it was I was listing regions where this mentality is known and expressed by foreigners here in the U.S. Hence, the commas...

Of course, silly me. How could I have missed that given it started "only you guys" and missed out South Asians despite being address to one.

Preferences based on "bloodlines" are, in my opinion regressive. Beauty is beauty

Thinking it is about 'bloodlines' is misunderstanding the point. It is about physical appearance associated with people from particular regions.

Would you find it regressive if someone said, "as I prefer taller women/men and prefer blondes to brunettes, on average, I find Swedish women/men more attractive than Spanish"?

If it is ok to express a general preference for a type of person you find more attractive on average, then it is also ok to express a general preference for people from regions which, on average, better fit that preference.

A preference also doesn't mean one finds women/men who do not fit this type to be unattractive. Beauty is still beauty.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't know what everybody is getting so bent about. ronki23 is just expressing a personal preference, ergo the qualifiers: "I find" and "in my opinion".

Or are we supposed to be so progressive now that we can consciously choose what qualities we are and aren't attracted to?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Symmetry? I'm not sure that word captures it exactly. And why couldn't more symmetry run in certain ethnic groups?
Whatever the undefinable thing is, I believe some ethnic groups are more physically attractive than others. I guess the judge would be a consensus of the human race.
I'm aware of your racial biases.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Don't know what everybody is getting so bent about. ronki23 is just expressing a personal preference, ergo the qualifiers: "I find" and "in my opinion".

Or are we supposed to be so progressive now that we can consciously choose what qualities we are and aren't attracted to?
Because he's making it into some "bloodline" thing, which assumes too much.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Okay, Okay, we get it. Now someone tells where the ugly women are so we can avoid that area like the plague.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

When someone does that it makes them look like they're here fishing for things to be offended by.

What I'm saying is this: while the second half of the OPs statement reveals that he takes it as a given that women with "Persian blood" would be more attractive then some others, and seems to take it for granted that other people would feel the same way, the truth is that to some extent we all subconsciously assume that other people see what we see and judge things by similar standards, even though consciously we know that isn't the case.

"Is it because they have more Persian blood in them?" could have been phrased in a way that would have been less likely to ****- off our more PC- sensitive members , but that isn't necessarily a major priority for everyone in here.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
When someone does that it makes them look like they're here fishing for things to be offended by.

What I'm saying is this: while the second half of the OPs statement reveals that he takes it as a given that women with "Persian blood" would be more attractive then some others, and seems to take it for granted that other people would feel the same way, the truth is that to some extent we all subconsciously assume that other people see what we see and judge things by similar standards, even though consciously we know that isn't the case.

"Is it because they have more Persian blood in them?" could have been phrased in a way that would have been less likely to ****- off out more PC- sensitive members , but that isn't necessarily a major priority for everyone in here.
You're assuming too much, too. Speaking for myself, I don't automatically expect others to agree with me about those I find attractive. I'm aware of social biases, as well. I don't expect most people to agree with me that the Manson Family girls (before they chopped off their hair and carved Xs in their foreheads) are the hottest. :rolleyes:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You're assuming too much, too. Speaking for myself, I don't automatically expect others to agree with me about those I find attractive. I'm aware of social biases, as well. I don't expect most people to agree with me that the Manson Family girls (before they chopped off their hair and carved Xs in their foreheads) are the hottest. :rolleyes:

I think you missed my point.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That we "all subconsciously assume that other people see what we see and judge things by similar standards, even though consciously we know that isn't the case"?

No, I got it. I just don't agree.

My point was that what the OP said wasn't an intentionally racist statement but like anything else, if someone wants to twist it into one, it isn't that hard.

So apparently no, you didn't get it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't say it was intentionally racist. Racism rarely is nowadays.

I don't think that finding one set of physical characteristics more attractive than some others is racist in any sense of the word. We don't get to choose what we're physically attracted to. And yes, someone's ancestry, ie. their "bloodline" has something to do with their appearance, so pointing to bloodlines in this context . . . really don't see what there is to be offended by.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I don't think that finding one set of physical characteristics more attractive than some others is racist in any sense of the word. We don't get to choose what we're physically attracted to. And yes, someone's ancestry, ie. their "bloodline" has something to do with their appearance, so pointing to bloodlines in this context . . . really don't see what there is to be offended by.
The way the OP is worded seems to point to them thinking that most share their views (that Pakistani women are so beautiful and this due to some Persian/Iranian lineage). I don't agree with that. At this point, it seems to be you who are making the biggest deal of it. My original responses were just my actual feelings, that beauty isn't determined by ethnicity and that it is subjective. I didn't say they were "wrong" for preferring Pakistani women, just as I don't think I'm wrong for preferring women who look like a young Susan Atkins or Patricia Krenwinkel. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The way the OP is worded seems to point to them thinking that most share their views (that Pakistani women are so beautiful and this due to some Persian/Iranian lineage). I don't agree with that. At this point, it seems to be you who are making the biggest deal of it. My original responses were just my actual feelings, that beauty isn't determined by ethnicity and that it is subjective. I didn't say they were "wrong" for preferring Pakistani women, just as I don't think I'm wrong for preferring women who look like a young Susan Adkins or Patricia Krenwinkle. :rolleyes:

Different strokes for different folks. I am attracted to many different types.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The way the OP is worded seems to point to them thinking that most share their views (that Pakistani women are so beautiful and this due to some Persian/Iranian lineage). I don't agree with that. At this point, it seems to be you who are making the biggest deal of it. My original responses were just my actual feelings, that beauty isn't determined by ethnicity and that it is subjective. I didn't say they were "wrong" for preferring Pakistani women.

Then I don't understand why you even responded to post #23.

That's OK though. Sometimes it's preferable to be confused.