• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Atheists on Religiousforums?

jonathan180iq

Which one?
The only one TRUE God, of course...

F-S-M-church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-32010377-500-680.jpg

jonathan180iq

Your post on #11 of this thread:

"To teach the ignorant. Theist and atheist included".

Note that this does not say that all theists are ignorant anymore than it says that all atheists are ignorant. There are ignorant people, from all walks of life, both theist and atheist, and the goal, as specified in this statement, is to teach them - thus, they shall be freed from ignorance.

outhouse

Atheistically
Your post on #11 of this thread:

"To teach the ignorant. Theist and atheist included".

You need to pick up on a we bit of comprehension.

I claimed all people not just theist

Ignorant is not a word that can be claimed as name calling in the context I used it in. It simply mean teaching those with less education.

Im ignorant to many things.

ether-ore

I find that to be simply ridiculous. Of all the atheist here, and I know most of them, not ONE is here for political reasons.

So I will ask you to start substantiating your claims with credible sources right here and now.

Start substantiating your claim with credible sources.

We fight fanaticism and fundamentalism as it is the enemy of humanity. And we need not mock or ridicule those who refuse knowledge, they do a fine job all by themselves.

Much of what many educated theist have long abandoned. There is no atheist theism separation here, its education and those who refuse it.

Unsubstantiated rhetoric

Unsubstantiated rhetoric

Unsubstantiated rhetoric, with no credible examples or sources provided.

Welcome, stick around and enjoy your religious education handed to you by people of all kinds.

When establishing laws relating to individual personal behavior; that is, laws regarding morality, will you deny that atheists do not challenge the theistic moral code? The second response to the OP stated: "Because we all live in the same planet, and religion effects everyone. So we all have an interest and a right to an opinion."

Do you consider yourself a credible source? I substantiate my claim by citing responses such as yours. I said that there is no common ground for atheists and theists to have a reasoned discussion about. You say above that you fight against theism as the enemy of humanity. You use more volatile words to describe theism, but from where I sit, it means the same thing.
In your eyes, theist do a fine job of making fools of themselves and that you need not mock or ridicule. That statement is entirely from your perspective, but it nevertheless has been my observation that those are the very techniques used to make theists look foolish when it comes to public discourse. In case you missed it, by saying that theists do a fine job of making fools of themselves... that constitutes ridicule.

You say that educated theists have abandoned knowledge. Here again, you are only looking at it from your empiricist's perspective, refusing to even acknowledge that there are other types of evidence. My same answer is to your statement about separation. To say that theists refuse education is something I would ask you to substantiate. As I said theists accept some empirical evidence, but we are not limited by it.

What you are pleased to call "Unsubstantiated rhetoric" only goes to illustrate my claim that spiritual acuity is totally alien to atheists. Besides, there is absolutely no way a theist can substantiate anything to the satisfaction of an atheist.

There is little if anything for atheists and theists to talk about; if we, to use your own words, are enemies.

outhouse

Atheistically
will you deny that atheists do not challenge the theistic moral code?

Yes I will deny that.

You say above that you fight against theism as the enemy of humanity.

Im sorry but if you choose to debate with me, I require honesty and a certain level of comprehension.

I never said anything close to what you posit.

Fanaticism and fundamentalism is not the definition of Theism, is it?

outhouse

Atheistically
This is really easy! Think about it. "Atheism" is a religion and just like any other "ism" has a foundational belief. In this case that "belief" is that there is no God!"

Only if one takes a biased narrow view of the definition. It would help one, if one understood exactly how the term is defined.

jah59

Only if one takes a biased narrow view of the definition. It would help one, if one understood exactly how the term is defined.
Dictionary.com: "the doctrine or belief that there is no God." (primary defintion). What's biased or narrow about the main definition in the English language??? Seriously?

JoStories

LoL :p you are going to turn this topic into a war zone :rolleyes:
How so? Or better, how anymore than you have with your intendedly posited posts? You stated that atheism religion, which there is none of, is more dangerous than religion. You did not back up your position with credible sources at all. It was stated to denigrate atheists and was completely erroneous to boot.

outhouse

Atheistically
Dictionary.com: "the doctrine or belief that there is no God." (primary defintion). What's biased or narrow about the main definition in the English language??? Seriously?

You picked at a very narrow view, as I stated. You just conformed and admitted to using a narrow view.

Do you understand what implicit atheism is, and how it is defined?

What about explicit?

What about weak atheism?

What about strong atheism? '

Welcome to the beginning of your education ! and when you realize atheism or theism has nothing to do with who the teacher is, provided education is advanced, your education can begin.

Not until then.

jah59

You picked at a very narrow view, as I stated. You just conformed and admitted to using a narrow view.

Do you understand what implicit atheism is, and how it is defined?

What about explicit?

What about weak atheism?

What about strong atheism? '

Welcome to the beginning of your education ! and when you realize atheism or theism has nothing to do with who the teacher is, provided education is advanced, your education can begin.

Not until then.
My statement only applies to the accepted primary definition. You can make up your own definitions as you go and nobody will understand you. I'll be happy to stick to a common understanding. If you're something else, more power to you. Another religionist, I'm sure!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I didn't mean all atheists but those who fight religion and as far as i can tell that it's the evil's job to misguide humans.
Being against organized religion is not intrinsically evil. There is no malice necessary to being so. A lot of people honestly feel that organized religion causes much more harm than good to the global society. They should be free and encouraged to join in the discussion and express their point of view and reasoning behind it. Having ill-will toward all of them is EXACTLY THE SAME as those that insult Islam generally. There is nothing that makes the religious "better" in any way than the non-religious.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This is really easy! Think about it. "Atheism" is a religion and just like any other "ism" has a foundational belief. In this case that "belief" is that there is no God!"
There are those who say that... but it makes no sense.