• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why agnostic atheism isn't atheism

Laika

Premium Member
- all forms of atheism are "atheism proper", not just "gnostic" atheism.

- of course agnostic atheism isn't "gnostic" atheism. You could have established that with a lot less rigamarole.

- the fact that agnostic atheism isn't "gnostic" atheism doesn't imply that agnostic atheists aren't atheists.

Look, I really don't see the point in continuing this given that you Insist on reducing this to a word game. To be honest I just want to swear as you don't seem to "get it" that words meaning is not fixed or self-evident- and on that hinges my entire argument. No matter how much or what I write, the outcome will be the same and I can't even convince myself that you actually want to understand what I am saying. I will not further waste my time or yours by trying to convince you of something which seems impossible for you to grasp.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Look, I really don't see the point in continuing this given that you Insist on reducing this to a word game. To be honest I just want to swear as you don't seem to "get it" that words meaning is not fixed or self-evident- and on that hinges my entire argument.
If you mean that you're happy to make up new meanings for words, then yeah - you're going to have trouble convincing me.
No matter how much or what I write, the outcome will be the same and I can't even convince myself that you actually want to understand what I am saying. I will not further waste my time or yours by trying to convince you of something which seems impossible for you to grasp.
What you've given me hasn't made sense so far. Nevertheless, I'm open to the possibility that you can explain your position better.

But frankly, any argument that certain atheists aren't atheists was always going to be an uphill battle with a slim-to-none chance of success.