• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whom will Jews accept?

questfortruth

Revelation 3:9, NIV: I will make those who are of the synagogue of satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

John 5:43: I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not accept Me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

It is a dogma, that Jews will follow Antichrist, isn't it? But why the God loves the human, whom the Jews will accept?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
It is a dogma, that Jews will follow Antichrist, isn't it?
No it's not:
who claim to be Jews though they are not
Therefore not Jews but those who claim to be Jews, probably masquerading with Judaism so that they don't reveal their true mission.

But why the God loves the human, whom the Jews will accept?
John 5:43 meaning is that accepting one who is sent by man (rather by God) is proof that he was sent by someone, Jews didn't believe Jesus was sent by God.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Revelation 3:9, NIV: I will make those who are of the synagogue of satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

John 5:43: I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not accept Me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

It is a dogma, that Jews will follow Antichrist, isn't it? But why the God loves the human, whom the Jews will accept?
The issue of whom will be a or the messiah will always be conditional on which verses one cites as being "messianic" and then how they may interpret them. It's no where near as cut & dry as many think.

Eli G

It is not about people who practice modern Judaism (which IS NOT the Judaism of the time when the temple in Jerusalem existed) ... but about people who essentially worship Jehovah, the God of Abraham, in the way that He approves. These are persons who take the lead in teaching others the truths of God; they lead them like some did in Israel times. Those whom God does not recognize as such are not really of that class.

Zech. 8:23 “This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe of a Jew, saying: “We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”

Rom. 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people.

metis

It is not about people who practice modern Judaism (which IS NOT the Judaism of the time when the temple in Jerusalem existed) ...
That's not true, as the Law [all 613 Commandments] are found in Torah, and they can be seen here with their verses: The 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)

What is different is what's found in the Talmud because it includes both commentaries and other information.

Eli G

I understand that it is what you believe ... but modern Jews do not have a priesthood or a temple where to perform it, they do not have a Davidic king, they do not fulfill and cannot fulfill the law of Moses in its entirety (such as condemning to death for the reasons stated in the Law of Moses), do not have the ancient genealogies nor can they return the lands to the descendants of their original owners, ... and could go on to explain why they are not the Jews that the Scriptures speak of ... but probably now you can understand my point.

metis

but modern Jews do not have a priesthood or a temple where to perform it
Without the Temple the priesthood cannot perform ritual sacrifices, but the Cohen still are of the priesthood.

they do not have a Davidic king,
Not yet at least. The issue of the "messiah" is highly contentious.

they do not fulfill and cannot fulfill the law of Moses in its entirety
The Law was not given for that reason as it always was assumed that a person would likely break some as they went through life. However, there is repentance and forgiveness as Torah specifies.

do not have the ancient genealogies nor can they return the lands to the descendants of their original owners,
They got blurred during the Babylonian Exile because the Twelve Tribes began to blend with each other, but that's a very minor issue.

and could go on to explain why they are not the Jews that the Scriptures speak of
So, they all disappeared???

Sorry, but the Jews didn't all die out, and a great many modern Jews are descendants of them.

BTW, just a reminder that Jesus and the Twelve were all Jews.

Eli G

It's just you and me here, so I don't think quoting you is necessary. Also, you may realize that the answer has to do with your post. I do not usually quote directly if it is not strictly necessary because many people on the internet can include algorithms in their posts that are not visible to the eye.

I understand what you think, but it is not realistic. Jews were Jews (a special people) under a pact with Jehovah. By not doing their part in that covenant, they cease to be what they were to God and became just another people (now country) on the earth.

Last edited:

metis

I understand what you think, but it is not reallistic.
Oh really, and how is that? Have you ever studied Jewish theology from Jewish sources? Maybe give it a go someday and you might be surprised at what you can learn.

Eli G

I don't need that ... I study the Bible.

Matt. 21:42 Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."

rosends

Matt. 21:42 Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."
You study the bible? But you quoted something that isn't in the bible. I understand that it is what you believe ... but modern Christians do not have a bible, they do not have a messianic figure, they do not fulfill and cannot fulfill the laws of of the children of Noah (such as worshipping God for the reasons stated in the Law of Moses), do not have the ancient language nor can they explain theology to the original believers. I could go on to explain why they are not the people that the Scriptures speak of ... but probably now you can understand my point.

Eli G

You study the bible? But you quoted something that isn't in the bible. I understand that it is what you believe ... but modern Christians do not have a bible, they do not have a messianic figure, they do not fulfill and cannot fulfill the laws of of the children of Noah (such as worshipping God for the reasons stated in the Law of Moses), do not have the ancient language nor can they explain theology to the original believers. I could go on to explain why they are not the people that the Scriptures speak of ... but probably now you can understand my point.
No, sorry, I DON'T understand your point.

Did you know that the Hebrew language that modern Jews speak is a reformation and not exactly the old language israelites speak in old times?

They don't even know what the meaning of certain words in the Hebrew Pentateuch is ... like the name of one of the stones in the ephod of the high priest, they don't know to what stone it refers. Interesting, right?

rosends

No, sorry, I DON'T understand your point.
Well, since I copied what you wrote earlier, I hope you can understand how a reader might not be clear on yours.

Did you know that the Hebrew language that modern Jews speak is a reformation and not exactly the old language israelites speak in old times?
Do you know the difference between biblical, Mishnaic and modern Hebrew? I do. I use all three, daily. Tell me more about who I'm not and what i don't know.
They don't even know what the meaning of certain words in the Hebrew Pentateuch is ... like the name of one of the stones in the ephod of the high priest, they don't know to what stone it refers. Interesting, right?
"They"? So you mean "you" also. We could look att he 12 words in Hebrew (1) Odem, (2) Pitdah, (3) Bareket, (4) Nophech, (5) Sappir, (6) Yahalom, (7) Leshem, (8) Sh'vo, (9) Achlamah, (10) Tarshish, (11) Shoham, (12) Yashpheh

first row אֹ֤דֶם פִּטְדָה֙ וּבָרֶ֔קֶת
second row נֹ֥פֶךְ סַפִּ֖יר וְיָהֲלֹֽם
third row לֶ֥שֶׁם שְׁב֖וֹ וְאַחְלָֽמָה
fourth row תַּרְשִׁ֥ישׁ וְשֹׁ֖הַם וְיָשְׁפֵ֑ה

We have long traditions of their meaning (you can check out the Chizkuni for some simple translations and the Toledot Yitzchak for much more complex explanations as to why these particular stones were chosen and placed in this order as this includes descriptions of the stones). Interesting, right?

Eli G

Thanks for your time and effort ... but your thread is not of my interest.

Have a good day.

metis

Which explains your limitations. As far as your Christian belief is concerned, that's fine, but once one starts to refer to Jewish teachings then it is very limiting to not understand both Jewish theology and history, which is why you made some mistakes as I previously pointed out.

Eli G

Which explains your limitations. As far as your Christian belief is concerned, that's fine, but once one starts to refer to Jewish teachings then it is very limiting to not understand both Jewish theology and history, which is why you made some mistakes as I previously pointed out.
Well, that is the idea you got in your mind, that I need to study Judaism to understand what is called "the Old Testament".

However, we Jehovah's Witnesses study the Hebrew Scriptures so deeply that we probably know some things that many modern religious Jews do not.

For example, if you visit this site you will see that we, Jehovah's Witnesses, have studied a lot about the laws that were written in the original books of Moses https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200273380

Actually, although in Christendom they believe that Jesus is equal to God, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that, but that Jehovah sent Jesus as a prophet and as Messiah ... and we worship as the only God the God of Abraham, whom we call Jehovah (in English) because it is the form to translate the Tetragrammaton that has been used for centuries in this language.

We believe that it is very important to use the personal name of God, because it was the Jews after Malachi who decided that it could not be used anymore. That idea did not come from God, but from humans. That is why we are called JEHOVAH's witnesses.

In the Bible we can learn that and many more things that you may not have considered before.

rosends

Well, that is the idea you got in your mind, that I need to study Judaism to understand what is called "the Old Testament".

However, we Jehovah's Witnesses study the Hebrew Scriptures so deeply that we probably know some things that many modern religious Jews do not.

For example, if you visit this site you will see that we, Jehovah's Witnesses, have studied a lot about the laws that were written in the original books of Moses https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200273380

Actually, although in Christendom they believe that Jesus is equal to God, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that, but that Jehovah sent Jesus as a prophet and as Messiah ... and we worship as the only God the God of Abraham, whom we call Jehovah (in English) because it is the form to translate the Tetragrammaton that has been used for centuries in this language.

We believe that it is very important to use the personal name of God, because it was the Jews after Malachi who decided that it could not be used anymore. That idea did not come from God, but from humans. That is why we are called JEHOVAH's witnesses.

In the Bible we can learn that and many more things that you may not have considered before.
have you, in your learnng, found out that ancient Hebrew didn't have a J sound?
have you learned about why you use those vowels _E_O_A in your word?
Here, pick a book. Let's study it together תנ"ך בכתיב המסורה - מפתח