• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was Krishna in your tradition?

Who was Krishna?

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think the idea is that so-called 'religions' become flawed as time progresses and the latest "messenger" then gives the perfect renewed religion suited to our modern times.
Seemingly not very different in thrust from the idea that Parama Purusha (the Supreme Consciousness) appears in a human form at a time when dharma has degenerated on earth and needs restoring and modernising. Except that the concept of religion is quite different from dharma and Parama Purusha does not send messengers (other than in religious myths).

Hmm. So the Dharma wsa said to degenerate or go out of existence until Supreme Consciousness (still working on that) came in human form to restore The Dharma for today?

I have an unreleted question for you. Does conscousness have to do with the individual spiritual progress or is it connection with a "universal" consciousnes?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not out of existence, there will always be people who follow dharma, but rather pushed to the background in human society as a whole such as is apparent in communist and crudified capitalist nations.
How the Supreme Consciousness can respond to the cries of dharmic people to help restore dharma on this planet (there are of course many more inhabited planets in the universe) is a mysterious thing. A bit like the exact system behind the evolution of life is in part still a mysterious thing.

Dharma is not a religious thing, but a basic human thing.

You lost me with the mystics.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
On a deeper level there is no individual consciousness, but only projections within a Universal or Cosmic Consciousness.
Self-realisation is the moment that the individual self or individual consciousness is exposed as being only a relative truth and not absolute.
We live in a world of 'I and you's' or 'I and You'.
But seen from the "other" or absolute side there is only You (or better: only Cosmic Consciousness or Cosmic 'I').

The Cosmic Consciousness should not be seen as a consciousness "belonging to the cosmos" but as a totally free Single Consciousness within which the cosmos is a mere projection (also called His cosmic lila or play). So its origin is a total unknowable mystery and the Buddha did not say anything about "it" ("it" is beyond language or rational understanding).

Individual spiritual progress is moving towards the wider realisation of absolute reality away from the illusion of being bound by a separate existence created within His lila.

It sounds somewhat like buddhism except Mahayana buddhist would call that "Buddha Nature" a potential to be awakened to samadhi in this life. Both schools view that I think as emptiness. But I'm not sure how the divinity part (is that part of how you describe it?) relates or if there is a relation since some sects have mystics and Indian cosmology involved.

It's a seperation of ego or self to where when one refers to them selves as having an identity, it keeps them attach to this life (lack of better terms). But when one is awakened or is enlightened to non-self they no longer go through samsara and die (no more rebirth).

But cosmos and lila throws me off.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is just hacking away the inessential.

The progress of the soul is nothing but the elimination of the egocentric/psychological impressions or vasanas/shankaras, that have accumulated to it in the course of lifetimes under the influence of desire in the form of cravings and aversions which prompt egocentric actions.

Complete elimination of these impressions through present moment awareness or total love or other spiritual exercises results in enlightenment or Nirvana.

Having reached this enlightenment, what then do you see happens to the enlightened Soul?

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Are you denying that the cosmos exists? Do you consider it an illusion perhaps then?

Lila follows from the cosmos or universe as a projection within an Absolute Consciousness or Witnessing Entity.

It only means that the projection is not static but like a play and we ourselves are also in that play. It is a part of the spiritual cult to wake up to that idea that you are a part of that cosmic play and just playing a role (which means you don't identify personally with that assigned role).

Mysticism means to try to close the gap between your limited individual consciousness and the endless Cosmic or Absolute Consciousness.

I dont know mystic eastern terminology and worldview. I barely understand abrahamics. Can you break this down?

What is Lila in relation to consciousness?

What are the cosmos?

What is the difference between Absolute Consciousness and Conscousness?

How is Consciousness different (or similar) to the English definition of being awakened to ones self and environment?

What is a witnessing entity? God?

Can you explain that second paragraph more simple without the analogy?

What is an individual consciousness?

and, why make it so complicated especially with the analogies and mystic terms?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Why say it is flawed when you follow it and relate to it?

I mean, not being a universalist religion and having a bad history, as you mentioned, is pretty big to where Id assume that would influence how you see hinduism?

Can you see my confusion?

Kinda like my still practicing catholicism despite not liking human sacrifice. Belief in human sacrifice is a pretty strong element to the christian faith as is non-universalism to hinduism.

So...?

Religion is like a tree that has seasons. As a religion ages it’s capacity to bear fruit as it did during it peak diminishes.

I’m not a Hindu but a Baha’i. The Hindu Faith despite its age still has many Teachings that enable its followers to walk the spiritual path and achieve Nirvana. These are the Universal Teachings that are applicable from age to age.

Religious beliefs that propagate tribalism and insulting behaviours to ‘outsiders’ don’t interest me.

I know. Is your religion flawed regardless who follows it and who they are called?

How do you know that?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Religion is like a tree that has seasons. As a religion ages it’s capacity to bear fruit as it did during it peak diminishes.

I’m not a Hindu but a Baha’i. The Hindu Faith despite its age still has many Teachings that enable its followers to walk the spiritual path and achieve Nirvana. These are the Universal Teachings that are applicable from age to age.

Religious beliefs that propagate tribalism and insulting behaviours to ‘outsiders’ don’t interest me.

How do you know that?

I read it. Ill be back. My question is.

1. You said that all religions are flawed
2. Is your religion flawed?

Movie time...to be continued :cool:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I read it. Ill be back. My question is.

1. You said that all religions are flawed
2. Is your religion flawed?

Movie time...to be continued :cool:

Eventually my religion will need to be updated (flawed) too. However that will be after universal world peace is established.

Enjoy your movie:)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I see it the opposite. As we learn more about our spirituality, like young growing old, we mature. As we mature what once was supports us to what we are not. And we cant and we wont change what once was because those flaws to one are blessings to another. So, while your flowers deminish, we have evergreens. Matter of perspective?

As your religion ages, it will deminish as well?

Yes. All religions do. But my question is, since Hinduism is flawed and all religions are flawed now why isnt yours?

Depends on your perspective. Unless your religion has perfect people now and in this day I dont see how you are exempt of this.

But, yeah, it wouldnt interest me either but disinterest and disagreement is different than being flawed or dimished or old. Two totally different views.

I see a lot of value in religions who grown and kept and learn from their past, present, and future. Those Hindus, Buddhist, Christians, Muslims (and so have you, Pagans and Wiccans) keep their traditions going and learn from their past to help them with their present. So whatever quote on quote bad history they have that for you disolves their faith, when you see it through their eyes, it strengthens it.

While your beliefs see dimishment, the question I asked since these religions are flawed, and all religions are flawed, why isnt yours?

I know. Is your religion flawed regardless who follows it and who they are called? How do you know that?

Cause you said this many many many times. But what I asked is a question not a statement.

But is your religion flawed?

I know we have imperfections but the way you see hinduism, budhism, christianity, islam, its more than imperfections. There is literally something wrong (i.e. you said they lack universalism) to where you say they, their main tenants, are flawed and misguided.

Since you said all religions are flawed, my question is, is your religion flawed too? (Now)

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I see it the opposite. As we learn more about our spirituality, like young growing old, we mature. As we mature what once was supports us to what we are not. And we cant and we wont change what once was because those flaws to one are blessings to another. So, while your flowers deminish, we have evergreens. Matter of perspective?

As your religion ages, it will deminish as well?

Yes. All religions do. But my question is, since Hinduism is flawed and all religions are flawed now why isnt yours?

Depends on your perspective. Unless your religion has perfect people now and in this day I dont see how you are exempt of this.

But, yeah, it wouldnt interest me either but disinterest and disagreement is different than being flawed or dimished or old. Two totally different views.

I see a lot of value in religions who grown and kept and learn from their past, present, and future. Those Hindus, Buddhist, Christians, Muslims (and so have you, Pagans and Wiccans) keep their traditions going and learn from their past to help them with their present. So whatever quote on quote bad history they have that for you disolves their faith, when you see it through their eyes, it strengthens it.

While your beliefs see dimishment, the question I asked since these religions are flawed, and all religions are flawed, why isnt yours?

Cause you said this many many many times. But what I asked is a question not a statement.

But is your religion flawed?

I know we have imperfections but the way you see hinduism, budhism, christianity, islam, its more than imperfections. There is literally something wrong (i.e. you said they lack universalism) to where you say they, their main tenants, are flawed and misguided.

Since you said all religions are flawed, my question is, is your religion flawed too? (Now)

If the standard for today is to see humanity as one regardless of race, ethnicity, nation and to view religion as being one, God being one or truth being one then the Baha'i Faith isn't flawed and the other religions are. If the standard is one of boundaries and seperation of Faiths, increased nationalism, and people associating with their kind and not other, then the Baha'i Faith is the most flawed religion of them all. It is just a matter of perspective as you say.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
If the standard for today is to see humanity as one regardless of race, ethnicity, nation and to view religion as being one, God being one or truth being one then the Baha'i Faith isn't flawed and the other religions are. If the standard is one of boundaries and seperation of Faiths, increased nationalism, and people associating with their kind and not other, then the Baha'i Faith is the most flawed religion of them all. It is just a matter of perspective as you say.
But Bahai is not the only ideology that has such high ideals regarding universalism. At the same time it claims to be yet another religion, thereby perpetuating these unnatural divisions.

Another Vaedic type of ideology that is more theory than spiritual practice is therefore not the cure for the ills that divide humanity. The solution will have to come from more Tantric types of ideology who also hold the same universalistic ideals but at the same time further the common spiritual cult. People are never going to unite under Vaedic types of ideologies. The universalistic ideal of the Bahai is to be praised but the solutions provided by Christianity, Bahai or orthodox Islam are simply not going to work.

Krishna did not teach religion or a Vaedic ideology, He taught real spiritual practice, there is a big distinction there.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Bahai being the former, is it flawed?

I know you can make an anaogy that if it were the latter (good start? ;) ), then it would be flawed. I assume bahai teaches the former. Hinduism, Buddhism, and so forth are good as is regardless if they are universalist or not. You said specifically they are flawed because they are not universalist and because they have violent history bahai doesnt yet have.

Since all religions are flawed, not an analogy but how bahai is today, is it flawed?

Second question, how can you understand more intimately hindu faith (rather than just talk to any hindu friend or stranger, read a textbook, or internet site) when you believe hinduism is flawed?