• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Wants To Be the Official RF Village Idiot?

lunamoth

Will to love
Majikthise said:
But seriously, the village idiot plays a vital roll in sosiety. Becauase you see, thier is a very real need in society for someone whom almost everyone can look down on and ridicule. And so you see, the idot does provide a vital psyco-social service for the community.
I would would acceept this honor with a handful of mud and a kick in the head.
In closing I would just like to say , ooh ar, ooh ar.

Thank yoy:bow:

I thought that was the Village Scapegoat.

I think the Bunny Suit gives you quite an edge in this contest.

luna

M

Majikthise

lunamoth said:
I thought that was the Village Scapegoat.

I think the Bunny Suit gives you quite an edge in this contest.

luna

No, the scapegoat has better hours and a comprehensive medical plan.
The idiot get's two sticks and a smooth oblong rock.
Comes out even.:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
Majikthise said:

Alright, that does it.

You have my vote. :faint:

lunamoth

Will to love
Majikthise said:

OK, I had to sign back in just so I could do this:

:biglaugh:

luna

M

Majikthise

FeathersinHair said:
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who knows of the esteemed PDQ Bach!

I first heard him on Dr, Demento when I was just a kid. Si x or seven years ago.
Not buying it ,huh?

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who knows of the esteemed PDQ Bach!

A friend and I seriously suggested to the head of our college music department that we stucy "Hansel & Gretel & Ted & Alice" in our course dealing with historical musical forms. After all, it does contain all the conventions of opera. Mistaken identity, cross dressing, lost relations, and total randomness (e.g. the village idiot).

After great consideration, he decided that while we could not put it into the regular curriculum, we would do a seminar at our weekly Music TGIF. With plenty of beer to go around, natch. :)

I personally was voted Best Qualified to Play Archangelo Spumoni on the harpsichord. I even beat out my harpsichord teacher. :)

I don't suppose you're a Spike Jones fan too???

Booko

Deviled Hen
Majikthise said:
You are kind and good people.:hug:

If you were in any way referring to me, then that is further demonstration of your idiocy! :slap:

Do I get to vote a second time? :p

M

Majikthise

Booko said:
If you were in any way referring to me, then that is further demonstration of your idiocy! :slap:

Do I get to vote a second time? :p

Please, stop. Your going to make me cry. I am truly not worthy of this good fortune.
May the angels sing your sweet praises as beautiful gnomes message your sublime feet.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Majikthise said:
Please, stop. Your going to make me cry. I am truly not worthy of this good fortune.
May the angels sing your sweet praises as beautiful gnomes message your sublime feet.

The gnomes are going to post messages on my feet? Would that be with or without peppermint oil??

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Ya know, it was revealed in a recent poll that when voters were asked to decide whether or not democracy was the best way to decide things, 45% voted that it was, while 55% said they didn't know, or were "unsure" as to how they'd vote in making such a decision.

So, as candidate for REF Villiage Idiot, I say that if you think about it, your indecision could make the difference!

I think all non-voting participants should decide.

Sunstone is therefore eliminated from making the declarative decision because his raising the very issue, and suggesting such an honored position at the ouset, verily keeps the most qualified idiots from nominating themselves as candidates in the role. Such is the idiotic decison of the majority non-voting "undecideds".

I place my trust in the most disinterested and uninformed amongst us declare the "winner".

It's the only logical thing left to do...