• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Want's to be Bi With Me..?

Will you be bi with me?

• yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I was just curious if anyone wants to be bi-political with me, IOW, be both a Democrat and a Republican at the same time. If you do, be proud and let everyone know. So join me, as we form a new way in ending bipartisanship, and create a new path toward political peace in America.

Join me..! ...Don't be a stubborn, old fashioned block head. :)

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
New I was just curious if anyone wants to be bi-political with me, IOW, be both a Democrat and a Republican at the same time.

So, I assume that with the overflow of morons in current politics, we now need an overflow of oxymorons?

Cooky

Veteran Member
So, I assume that with the overflow of morons in current politics, we now need an overflow of oxymorons?

I knew there would be traditionalists looking to vilify those who come out as bi-political. After-all, we've been historically insulted as "flip-floppers", "Rino's", and "Dino's"..

...But we're proud now! And we don't care what people think about us anymore...

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew there would be traditionalists looking to vilify those who come out as bi-political. After-all, we've been historically insulted as "flip-floppers", "Rhino's", and "Demio's"..

...But we're proud now! And we don't care what people think about us anymore! We're here and we're proud!

1) I'm not a traditionalist.

2) It is a fact that many stances of Democratic and Republican platforms are inherently in conflict with each other. As such, to say that one is "both a Democrat and a Republican" in a broad sense is meaningless and most likely a result of either misinformation or obfuscation.

Cooky

Veteran Member
1) I'm not a traditionalist.

2) It is a fact that many stances of Democratic and Republican platforms are inherently in conflict with each other. As such, to say that one is "both a Democrat and a Republican" in a broad sense is meaningless and most likely a result of either misinformation or obfuscation.

Number two is false. Because there are some among us who enjoy some of the policies of the left and some of the policies of the right. One can't rightfully say that we're not allowed to. And that's exactly how (and why) we can be both. :)

...To be "only" one or the other, is to be a radical and a follower, IMO.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Number two is false. Because there are some among us who enjoy some of the policies of the left and some of the policies if the right. You can't rightfully say that we're not allowed to.

If what you're referring to is being politically eclectic, then that's different, and I respect that. I'm that way myself.

I stand corrected if that was what you meant with your OP; apologies if so.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well then what do you want to be?
I've been reconsidering this lately, searching to embrace the future rather than be anchored to the past. Robots are replacing jobs, and soon we'll basically have a silicon slave force and few will have paying jobs.
I'm still communal/communist and Deep South, but our contemporary ideas that have worked for the past couple hundred years are being shredded asunder and cast into obsoletion by technology. Capitalism, Marxism, these are for industrial societies, for the past, and ill suited for a technological society.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I've been reconsidering this lately, searching to embrace the future rather than be anchored to the past. Robots are replacing jobs, and soon we'll basically have a silicon slave force and few will have paying jobs.
I'm still communal/communist and Deep South, but our contemporary ideas that have worked for the past couple hundred years are being shredded asunder and cast into obsoletion by technology. Capitalism, Marxism, these are for industrial societies, for the past, and ill suited for a technological society.

Yes, I understand technology will replace jobs in the future... But we're not there yet. What about today?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Same. I consider myself a liberal and a feminist but not a Democrat.
I've been a Marxist and deep into Libertarian territory on social issues, but the world has to update how we approach how we fundamentally do things, because how we fundamentally do things is changing at a rate faster than ever before in history.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I knew there would be traditionalists looking to vilify those who come out as bi-political. After-all, we've been historically insulted as "flip-floppers", "Rino's", and "Dino's"..

...But we're proud now! And we don't care what people think about us anymore...
I'm willing to be non (but experimental) with you.
(Have you had all your shots?)

ecco

Veteran Member
I was just curious if anyone wants to be bi-political with me, IOW, be both a Democrat and a Republican at the same time. If you do, be proud and let everyone know. So join me, as we form a new way in ending bipartisanship, and create a new path toward political peace in America.

Your offer rings hollow in view of your past posts.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your offer rings hollow in view of your past posts.
I disagree.
He's amenable to reasonable agendas from both sides.
Instead of attacking him, why not ask questions, seek
understanding, & explore the issues?

Cooky

Veteran Member
It's not a "will replace." It is happening now. It is not happening tomorrow, it is happening today.

But it's not really happening right now... Not for me, because the powerlines can't build themselves.

There's no algorithm questioneers for psychology either... Not yet.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But it's not really happening right now... Not for me, because the powerlines can't build themselves.
This is so extensive today that even dental hygienist are looking at their career being marched to the guillotine. And whatever you build, printers can now basically do it as well. You have a job today, but if you were just getting started in the field today you may as end it now because tomorrow you will be replaced by a machine. It's going to happen, and not in the distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.