• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I am wondering, if the respondent does not consider Jews as synonymous to judaism (the religion) then why would there be a topic on judaism as a religion and that Jews are the last word on the topic?

I have had a hard time with how some of the posters deny judaism as relevant when discussing the topic on Jews.
I believe the artificial distinction began with the Jewish Reformation and the rise of Reformed Judaism. As with the parallel European enlightenment and the rise of modern science there was a rise in atheism and agnosticism among Jews as well as the rest of the world, and for people to not to identify themselves as religious. This gave rise to those that used secular to identify with a cultural identity that they consider as not religious, This is common in many religions today to make an "artificial" boundary between being religious and not being religious, in part with the discomfort with the ancient scriptures and ritual, and their lack of context and meaning in the modern world.

Bthoth

I believe the artificial distinction began with the Jewish Reformation and the rise of Reformed Judaism. As with the parallel European enlightenment and the rise of modern science there was a rise in atheism and agnosticism among Jews as well as the rest of the world, and for people to not to identify themselves as religious. This gave rise to those that used secular to identify with a cultural identity that they consider as not religious, This is common in many religions today to make an "artificial" boundary between being religious and not being religious, in part with the discomfort with the ancient scriptures and ritual, and their lack of context and meaning in the modern world.
But if the designation is not religiously bound then why observe the self proclaimed to even represent in a religious context.

How can anyone claiming that they are Jew but that it's not a religious designation even have a voice in the religious domain?

Because then it becomes a racial designation and like israel, cause more damage to Jews and Judaism.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It is part of the story but not the entire story as both religious and secular wanted the right of return, especially after the Holocaust that killed both religious and secular Jews.
It remains a Jewish State for Jews only defined by the religious belief in Judaism.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
But if the designation is not religiously bound then why observe the self proclaimed to even represent in a religious context.

How can anyone claiming that they are Jew but that it's not a religious designation even have a voice in the religious domain?

Because then it becomes a racial designation and like israel, cause more damage to Jews and Judaism.
It is sort of religious schizophrenia of religious identity, because of the contradictions and out of touch ancient religious beliefs are..

All Jews are still under the obligation to raise their children in religious teaching. and are obligated to complete bar mitzvah and girls bat mitzvah, and by far most follow this obligation regardless of how religious they are.

Bthoth

It is sort of religious schizophrenia of religious identity, because of the contradictions and out of touch ancient religious beliefs are..

All Jews are still under the obligation to raise their children in religious teaching. and are obligated to complete bar mitzvah and girls bat mitzvah, and by far most follow this obligation regardless of how religious they are.
Well said/written!

Elihoenai

I have read the content on page 43-44 about Religion.

Every person on the Planet is Practising a Religion.

A persons Religion Being the Most Important aspect of their life Defines them.

Really there are only Two Religions, Left-Hand Path Religion and Right-Hand Path Religion. All other designations of Religion are Artificial.

Apart from a Few hundred/thousand Elect, every person on the Planet is Practising Left-Hand Path Religion.​

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Acts 1:6-7

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Do you Know when the Kingdom of Israel will be Restored?

Do you Know the Times or the Seasons for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Israel or is it Not for you to Know?

Given that you have the Mind of Messiah/Christ, will you Know the Times or the Seasons for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Israel?

Do you believe that the Kingdom of Israel has already been Restored?

Elihoenai

Mark 16:17

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Casting Out Devils/Demons is the Same as Casting Out the Nations. Through Casting Out Devils/Nations Israel is brought into Existence. The Stark Difference in Identity between Israel and the Nations has been Overthrown by the Devil/Satan.

River Sea

kush tribes took over that reign and absorbed the same model imposing it upon the people as well

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Who is Kush in Indus Valley and the remembrance later with this word Israel

Help me understand Israel and Kush as Kush was who Isaac or Jacob

Sarah gave birth to Isaac in her old age. She was separated
from Abraham thereafter. Sita too gave birth to Lav and Kush
late in her life. She was separated from Rama just before the
birth of their sons.

That's from your book
common prophets

and
Figure 83: Travels of Jacob and Kush. (1) Jacob from Gilead to Succoth, Kush from Ayodhya to Kushawati. (2) Jacob from Succoth to Shechem, Kush from Kushawati to Ayodhya. (3) Jacob from Shechem to Rameses, Kush from Ayodhya to Vadnagar. “Rameshwar is given in brackets because it is mentioned in the narrative of Rama but not in the narrative of Kush.

Also
A living tradition says that Kush worshipped at the Kusheshwar temple at Vadnagar. The name “Kusheshwar,” meaning “god of Kush,” is inscribed on the gate of the temple and is shown in Figure 84.

Here's the Temple (please read below screenshot)
Temple that also shows archeology.JPG

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala Please help me understand Kush and the name Israel.

What are the similarities between the name Israel and the name Kush? Did they wrestle with God or God's angel?

Is Kush Isaac or Jacob?
Could Israel be called Kush instead of being called Jacob?

@Tamino Set is Kush Jacob. Could Israel be called Set? How is it that Set didn't or did wrestle with God or God's angel? That's what the word Israel means: wrestle with God or God's angels.

I wonder if it is due to the struggle with lack of water when traveling to New Kingdom Levant (Israel) from KMT and the lack of water caused the mind to dream? As if to wrestle? How difficult was it to drink water back when, when traveling from KMT to Israel?

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Tamino
Because who traveled from KMT to the new Kingdom of the Levant, that is Israel? Israel is also KMT land. What are the stories of those who wrestle with either God or God's angel, and that's what Set, Jacob, and Kush went through? However, Kush in the Indus Valley wrestles with God or his angel. Was Kush remembrances through Set Jacob? As they too went through the same wrestling? Am I understanding correctly?

How did Israel choose the name Jacob when Jacob is Set and Kush, or is Kush Isaac?

More from book Common prophets about Kush

We would like to draw attention of the reader to two more
commonalities in the narratives of Jacob and Kush. While
discussing the flow of Gihon River, we mentioned that the land
of Cush was located south of Sindh as marked in Figure 18 on
Page 32. A possibility is that the name “Cush” used in the Bible

for this land may have its origin in the stay of Jacob at
Vadnagar. Jacob was known by the name Kush to the Hindus.
The Biblical scribes may have remembered the person Jacob by
his Biblical name; and the land where he settled by his Hindu
name Kush, rendered as “Cush” in the Bible.

Another question I have is: how come people chose King David to return as King instead of Joseph to return as King? Through reincarnation? How would they know if it's David or Joseph? Or if these people knew their past lives, how would they educate others? So then others will be thinking their King returned?

Joseph was an innocent man and did time in prison, compared to David isn't an innocent man and caused a person to get killed in a war?

I think Joseph would be a chosen person to be a return King - how do people choose which past people they want to be reincarnated?

The remembrance of Joseph in Israel vs. the remembrance of David—who do you vote to be your reincarnated King? People vote for presidents; how about voting for who will be reincarnated as king?

Joseph son of Kush in Indus Valley am I understanding correctly @Bharat Jhunjhunwala or is Kush Isaac? Or is Kush a tribe and some people name Kush

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

birth of their sons.

That's from your book
common prophets

and
Figure 83: Travels of Jacob and Kush. (1) Jacob from Gilead to Succoth, Kush from Ayodhya to Kushawati. (2) Jacob from Succoth to Shechem, Kush from Kushawati to Ayodhya. (3) Jacob from Shechem to Rameses, Kush from Ayodhya to Vadnagar. “Rameshwar is given in brackets because it is mentioned in the narrative of Rama but not in the narrative of Kush.

Also
A living tradition says that Kush worshipped at the Kusheshwar temple at Vadnagar. The name “Kusheshwar,” meaning “god of Kush,” is inscribed on the gate of the temple and is shown in Figure 84.

View attachment 88603

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala Please help me understand Kush and the name Israel.

What are the similarities between the name Israel and the name Kush? Did they wrestle with God or God's angel?

Is Kush Isaac or Jacob?

@Tamino Set is Kush Jacob. Could Israel be called Set? How is it that Set didn't or did wrestle with God or God's angel? That's what the word Israel means: wrestle with God or God's angels.

I wonder if it is due to the struggle with lack of water when traveling to New Kingdom Levant (Israel) from KMT and the lack of water caused the mind to dream? As if to wrestle? How difficult was it to drink water back when, when traveling from KMT to Israel?

Because who traveled from KMT to the new Kingdom of the Levant, that is Israel? Israel is also KMT land. What are the stories of those who wrestle with either God or God's angel, and that's what Set, Jacob, and Kush went through? However, Kush in the Indus Valley wrestles with God or his angel. Was Kush remembrances through Set Jacob? As they too went through the same wrestling? Am I understanding correctly?

How did Israel choose the name Jacob when Jacob is Set and Kush, or is Kush Isaac?

Another question I have is: how come people chose King David to return as King instead of Joseph to return as King? Through reincarnation? How would they know if it's David or Joseph? Or if these people knew their past lives, how would they educate others? So then others will be thinking their King returned?

Joseph was an innocent man and did time in prison, compared to David isn't an innocent man and caused a person to get killed in a war?

I think Joseph would be a chosen person to be a return King - how do people choose which past people they want to be reincarnated?

The remembrance of Joseph in Israel vs. the remembrance of David—who do you vote to be your reincarnated King? People vote for presidents; how about voting for who will be reincarnated as king?

Joseph son of Kush in Indus Valley am I understanding correctly @Bharat Jhunjhunwala or is Kush Isaac? Or is Kush a tribe and some people name Kush
If I remember kush is jacob.

2ndpillar

If I remember kush is jacob.
Kuch/Cush was the father of Nimrod and the oldest son of Ham. Israel was the name given to Jacob, which was passed down to Joseph, then to Ephraim, and also alludes to the 10 lost northern tribes, and also alludes to the combined house of Judah/Jews, and the house of Israel/Ephraim, or to the unified 12 tribes of Jacob.

Elihoenai

birth of their sons.

That's from your book
common prophets

and

Also

View attachment 88603

Is Kush Isaac or Jacob?

Numbers 12:1

12 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Psalm 7:1

7 `The Erring One,' by David, that he sung to Jehovah concerning the words of Cush a Benjamite. O Jehovah, my God, in Thee I have trusted, Save me from all my pursuers, and deliver me.

I keep things Simple. Elohim/God told me to "Keep It Simple Stupid".

Cush/Kush is Benjamin. Benjamin is one of the Tribes of Israel. Therefore, Kush/Cush is Israel.

Moses married a Cush/Kush Woman, the Woman being Israel. Elohim/God Commanded Israel Not to Marry outside of Israel and Moses Devotedly Observed All the Commands of Elohim/God.

River Sea

12 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
@Elihoenai @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

How did Moses defeat all the Ethiopians so he could grab Tharbis from her home country, bring her to the Indus Valley (India), and have her as his wife? What weapons did Moses use to defeat all of the Ethiopians? Were there any Ethiopians who survived being defeated and wanted to get even? And later, maybe attack Moses for what he did?

How come Moses had to defeat anyone in Ethiopia so he could have Tharbis as his wife?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

Psalm 7:1

7 `The Erring One,' by David, that he sung to Jehovah concerning the words of Cush a Benjamite. O Jehovah, my God, in Thee I have trusted, Save me from all my pursuers, and deliver me.

I keep things Simple. Elohim/God told me to "Keep It Simple Stupid".

Cush/Kush is Benjamin. Benjamin is one of the Tribes of Israel. Therefore, Kush/Cush is Israel.

Moses married a Cush/Kush Woman, the Woman being Israel. Elohim/God Commanded Israel Not to Marry outside of Israel and Moses Devotedly Observed All the Commands of Elohim/God.
The Ethiopia may refer to another place than Ethiopia in Africa.