• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who likes Pickled Eggs?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I love 'em, can't get enough, its such a strong flavour but that's the type of food I like. I also love green olives, anchovies, chillies, capers, pickled onions etc

Yum yum!

Any other food weirdos out there? We should start a club or something...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I LOVE pickled eggs!!! My mother makes them and gives us a jar on occasion..Also one time on a road trip I found pickled quail eggs ...they were awesome...but yes ..pickled??give it to me..pickled aspargus..pickled mushrooms..pickled jalepenias..

Now my mother eats pickled pigs feet...I cant get past the toenails and the fact they still have hair on them ...

Um..weird food...Well I don't know why but some people are repulsed and throw up because I LOVE fried chicken livers...(or any liver but chicken livers are my favorite)....

And I love fried pork skins or pork rinds...

Another one that shows my background a little is grits..I love grits and homony...(homony is a large grit)...

And some throw up if I eat sardines..I love sardines in mustard on a cracker...(and sardines are AWESOME for you..LOADED with calcium)...

Love

Dallas

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I <3 fried green tomatoes with ketchup! Not really weird but I never hear anyone say they love fried green tomatoes.

The movie is also really good. :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
OH..Hal....

If you can find them..Try pickled green tomatoes...YUM!!..And great to dice up and add to chicken salad..they are more of a sweet and sour pickled..like sweet pickle relish..but with green tomatoes..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I <3 fried green tomatoes with ketchup! Not really weird but I never hear anyone say they love fried green tomatoes.

Tee hee!!!

I was posting aboout green tomatos when you were!!! ...Yes..fried green tomatos.I was born only a few miles from Whisltle Stop Cafe..The cafe that they made the movie about..(Fried Green Tomatos)..I've been there....

They have the best home cooking on the face of the earth..Everything soul food under the sun..

Love

Dallas

Oh and P.S the train still runs right past it..Thats why its called "whistle stop"...

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I LOVE pickled eggs!!! My mother makes them and gives us a jar on occasion..Also one time on a road trip I found pickled quail eggs ...they were awesome...but yes ..pickled??give it to me..pickled aspargus..pickled mushrooms..pickled jalepenias..

Now my mother eats pickled pigs feet...I cant get past the toenails and the fact they still have hair on them ...

Um..weird food...Well I don't know why but some people are repulsed and throw up because I LOVE fried chicken livers...(or any liver but chicken livers are my favorite)....

And I love fried pork skins or pork rinds...

Another one that shows my background a little is grits..I love grits and homony...(homony is a large grit)...

And some throw up if I eat sardines..I love sardines in mustard on a cracker...(and sardines are AWESOME for you..LOADED with calcium)...

Love

Dallas
Oh Lana, I love chicken livers and grits....My husband was born and grew up in Fla and grits was just the thing.....I don't have them very often since he passed away, but I love them....

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh Lana, I love chicken livers and grits....My husband was born and grew up in Fla and grits was just the thing.....I don't have them very often since he passed away, but I love them....

Hmm..treat your self and make cheese grit casserole!!!..Yeah..I was born in Alabama ..left there when I was six..then lived in Brandon/Tampa Fla.Untill I was 11....But its my mother who was born in Alabama and was there till she was 30 that cooked everday for us that is my real influence..

How about butter beans and cornbread????..YUM!!

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh HAL!!

I know we are pickle addicts..But what about pickled beets!!! I make them "harvard" and they are awesome too..and they are really good for you...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

I have the Whistle Stop Cafe cook book..

You want to hear some of the recipes???LOL!!..(they give you the original..and THEN they tell you what you can subsititue for what the ingredients are)...

Love

Dallas

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Hmm..treat your self and make cheese grit casserole!!!..Yeah..I was born in Alabama ..left there when I was six..then lived in Brandon/Tampa Fla.Untill I was 11....But its my mother who was born in Alabama and was there till she was 30 that cooked everday for us that is my real influence..

How about butter beans and cornbread????..YUM!!

Love

Dallas

Heyyy I was born in Alabama...both sides of my family live there. My mom can't cook worth crap though...but my aunt, oh my GAH..

hashbrown casserole, fried okra, cheese potato soup.....and her divinity and fudge are almost INSANE with how good they are...ehhhhh

You can only make divinity (the right way ;) )when it's cold and dry out so I am so freakin' anxious for some SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I have the Whistle Stop Cafe cook book..

You want to hear some of the recipes???LOL!!..(they give you the original..and THEN they tell you what you can subsititue for what the ingredients are)...

Love

Dallas

:jiggy: :jiggy:

I want to hear any of that book you're willing to share. Soul food is THE BEST!!!!!!!! oh man, I'm so glad I'm southern! :p

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Heyyy I was born in Alabama...both sides of my family live there. My mom can't cook worth crap though...but my aunt, oh my GAH..

hashbrown casserole, fried okra, cheese potato soup.....and her divinity and fudge are almost INSANE with how good they are...ehhhhh

You can only make divinity (the right way ;) )when it's cold and dry out so I am so freakin' anxious for some SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes..my mother always made divintiy..for the holidays...

What about stewed okra and tomatos???

How about homeade chicken and dumplings..???? I can eat an entire pot of that!!!(gain five lbs over night)

Have you had chicken fried steak with tomato gravy???..

What about did your family just eat raw green onions as a side ??

How many days have you lived on tomato sandwiches ???? LOL!!!..

YUM!

Love

Dallas

(what part of Bama do you hail from...Im Birmingham but have relatives all over..)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Hey and Stacy??

What about buttermilk???..

Do you have relatives that drink it straight???..Im sorry YUK!!

I like to marinate chicken in it..or use it im my cornbread..But my grandmother still drinks it everyday..And she is 94..

I can dip my cornbread in it..But I cant drink it straight..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Just a bit of trivia..from the Whistle Stop Cafe cook book...

Hush Puppies got their name when cooks on overnight cooking trips would throw these at the dogs at night so they'de go to sleep.."hush puppy"!!!..LOL!!

Makes sense to me..Back then they didnt have Iams or Science Diet!!!

Love

Dallas

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Yes..my mother always made divintiy..for the holidays...

What about stewed okra and tomatos???

How about homeade chicken and dumplings..???? I can eat an entire pot of that!!!(gain five lbs over night)

Have you had chicken fried steak with tomato gravy???..

What about did your family just eat raw green onions as a side ??

How many days have you lived on tomato sandwiches ???? LOL!!!..

YUM!

Love

Dallas

(what part of Bama do you hail from...Im Birmingham but have relatives all over..)

YES!! All of it..haha...omg chicken n dumplins......I would say you have no idea, but you do.....:faint:eek:h my goodness, it is quite simply AMAZING.

And chicken fried steak!!! AHH!! I have no idea how my cousin makes the gravy but it is thick and creamy and delicious!

LOVE raw onions..and i like BLTs with cheese, but my dad and some other people in the family eat tomato sandwiches with mayo..blech!!

I'm from Huntsville :D My mom was born in Decatur and both sides live in Madison! (one of my mom's aunts and all her kids and grandkids live in Colorado, though) I remember going to Birmingham once for my mom's cousin's wedding! I thought it was purdyyy. Birmingham and the wedding. ;)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Hey and Stacy??

What about buttermilk???..

Do you have relatives that drink it straight???..Im sorry YUK!!

I like to marinate chicken in it..or use it im my cornbread..But my grandmother still drinks it everyday..And she is 94..

I can dip my cornbread in it..But I cant drink it straight..

Love

Dallas

I LOVE buttermilk but noooo I can't drink it straight!!

And your other post..hush puppies!!!!! I LOVE hush puppies with ketchup.....omg I need to visit my family right this second..but if I go to Alabama that's an automatic +15 lbs. right there...