• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who knows about the "Taung child" fossil?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Still waiting for you to respond . . .

Your making some odd statements concerning the fossils and their relationships. What is your educational background in Paleontology, comparative paleo comparative anatomy, geology and genetics?

They were not homo (the group homo sapiens belong to) like bones. The Morphology of the homo group is distinctly different from the australopithecus group. The conclusions of the research on the Taung child fossils support this conclusion.
Are you really Amish? Because you shouldn't be playing on the internet if you are

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you are a persona.
But you could be a rabbit.
In which case I'd have to consider you food.
:D
Lots of people in your chosen position have and ended up eating lots and lots of crow for their efforts. I don't really predict anything different here. Given your attitude and lack of support for your arguments. On the up side I find you amusing.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think that's why I'm equally fascinated with conservative media. It, just like creationism, represents a way of thinking that I just don't understand, but find fascinating.

Although lately I've found myself seriously disturbed and worried about what I'm seeing from Christian conservatives these days. There is so much anger, bitterness, bigotry, racism, and hate coming from them. Just today, after I showed someone a study about employers not giving interviews to people with black sounding names on their resumes, the replies were horrid. And the irony is, it was in the context of conservatives grousing about critical race theory and saying there's no racism in America today!

I dunno man.....I see a lot of conservative Christians taking a very dark turn. I think much of it is related to Trump, and how he united a lot of disparate groups under a common cause. Growing up around conservative Christians, I never saw or heard some of the things I'm seeing and hearing today. I'm very concerned.
I grew up among conservatives even among the Democrats and I find that what I am seeing today has little fit with what I observed during that period of my life. I have come to the conclusion that they have make some big turns and you really can't compare the modern American take on the conservatism of the base with historical understanding of the philosophy.

I see historical revisionism, racism camouflaged or denied, but still there, authoritarianism embraced, knowledge and the means to find it is ridiculed with contempt. Here we see people that are completely against science and have nothing valid to offer but smart aleck comments, condescension and denial as a rebuttal to evidenced and reasoned support of science.

As a Christian who accepts science, I see that fact causes these loving fundamentalists to drop their argument that "evolution is stupid" and immediately make the thread about my beliefs as an attack against me. I have seen that same thing happen to other Christians that have the same views as I do. It isn't a surprise to me anymore to get more consideration and respect from atheists than I do from people who claim to hold the same belief as I do.

It is disconcerting in the very least to watch people twist conservatism and Christianity to support agendas that are often neither conservative nor Christian.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Are you really Amish? Because you shouldn't be playing on the internet if you are

Your making some odd statements concerning the fossils and their relationships. What is your educational background in Paleontology, comparative paleo comparative anatomy, geology and genetics?

They were not homo (the group homo sapiens belong to) like bones. The Morphology of the homo group is distinctly different from the australopithecus group. The conclusions of the research on the Taung child fossils support this conclusion.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Assuming these are even accurate distinctions. I consider them all humans.

. . . is this based on scientific classification or your own speculation through a religious agenda?

Again . . .

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
. . . is this based on scientific classification or your own speculation through a religious agenda?

Again . . .

I am still waiting for an explanation of how questions of a fossils gender render the theory of evolution debunked.

I think we will be waiting for a long, long, long time for answers that should be easy peasy, but are avoided like the plague.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

I'm a person speaking to other people on the internet. None of which are experts, as far as I know. I don't assume anyone here is being truthful about their knowledge anyway and I'm not giving out any personal information.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So how does a designer account for the massive diversity of life, its design flaws and why has most life gone obsolete due to changing environment. Can we agree that whoever the designer was he was not very good.
That's a silly argument. Why would massive diversity be a design flaw? It just shows the designer is creative.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Show me a mechanism with millions of parts that wasn't created by man. In fact if you find a simple mechanism in the woods you it's manmade. If you find a wall you know it's man made even if it's made from rock. But your DNA just pooped itself fro nothing? Ok, then.
:D
A mechanism with millions of parts? LOL....hilarious.

ecco

Veteran Member
I see historical revisionism, racism camouflaged or denied, but still there, authoritarianism embraced, knowledge and the means to find it is ridiculed with contempt. Here we see people that are completely against science and have nothing valid to offer but smart aleck comments, condescension and denial as a rebuttal to evidenced and reasoned support of science.

Worth repeating.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I grew up among conservatives even among the Democrats and I find that what I am seeing today has little fit with what I observed during that period of my life. I have come to the conclusion that they have make some big turns and you really can't compare the modern American take on the conservatism of the base with historical understanding of the philosophy.

As a Christian who accepts science, I see that fact causes these loving fundamentalists to drop their argument that "evolution is stupid" and immediately make the thread about my beliefs as an attack against me. I have seen that same thing happen to other Christians that have the same views as I do. It isn't a surprise to me anymore to get more consideration and respect from atheists than I do from people who claim to hold the same belief as I do.

It is disconcerting in the very least to watch people twist conservatism and Christianity to support agendas that are often neither conservative nor Christian.
It's good to know that I'm not the only one noticing these sorts of things. This probably isn't the thread to go into all the reasons behind it, so I'll just leave it here. But thanks for confirming my impressions. :)

tas8831

I'm a person speaking to other people on the internet. None of which are experts, as far as I know. I don't assume anyone here is being truthful about their knowledge anyway and I'm not giving out any personal information.
Well I certainly know of several people that have tried to make it look like they knew what they were talking about. But we know how that turned out... Of note, the posts of such folk mysteriously become shorter and angrier after their being exposed.

tas8831

I think that's why I'm equally fascinated with conservative media. It, just like creationism, represents a way of thinking that I just don't understand, but find fascinating.

Although lately I've found myself seriously disturbed and worried about what I'm seeing from Christian conservatives these days. There is so much anger, bitterness, bigotry, racism, and hate coming from them. Just today, after I showed someone a study about employers not giving interviews to people with black sounding names on their resumes, the replies were horrid. And the irony is, it was in the context of conservatives grousing about critical race theory and saying there's no racism in America today!

I dunno man.....I see a lot of conservative Christians taking a very dark turn. I think much of it is related to Trump, and how he united a lot of disparate groups under a common cause. Growing up around conservative Christians, I never saw or heard some of the things I'm seeing and hearing today. I'm very concerned.

Agreed - and their absurdly low-bar for what they will accept as "evidence" supporting their cause is concerning, and how readily they simply dismiss evidence that counters their fantasies.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Agreed - and their absurdly low-bar for what they will accept as "evidence" supporting their cause is concerning, and how readily they simply dismiss evidence that counters their fantasies.
Yup. It's like how if they think they've found one scientist who questions some aspect of evolutionary theory, it's extremely significant and we should all pay attention to what they say. But agreement among tens of thousands of scientists on the overall framework of evolutionary biology? Well that can just be waved away without even thinking about it.

It's intellectual laziness to an absurd degree.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Your posts and threads you start reflect your dodging responsibility for documenting your claims, a lack of knowledge in science and a fundamentalist religious agenda.

Regardless you need to be responsible for the claims you make concerning evolution. As far as the subjects in science there are many peer reviewed journals and reliable sources to cite.

Last edited: