• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is This?

TurkeyOnRye

Who is this?

T012882B.jpg

This is Homo Erectus, a human ancestor who lived 1.8 million years ago till as recently as 30 thousand years ago. He used tools, walked upright and may have had limited speech capabilities. His brain is approximately 75% as large as modern humans, had distinct brow ridges and a sloping forehead. Homo Erectus is among the most successful hominin species in the fossil record and engulfs modern humanity's time on earth by well over a million years.
t012882bef8.jpg

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
The flatter cranium, broad nasal opening and the prominent ridges of the eye sockets would suggest Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is a trick question.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Al Gore?

no wait.... Jimmy Hoffa? (That would fit with Paul's view that there is a neaderthal slope to it. :)

TurkeyOnRye

This is Homo Erectus, a human ancestor who lived 1.8 million years ago till as recently as 30 thousand years ago. He used tools, walked upright and may have had limited speech capabilities. His brain is approximately 75% as large as modern humans, had distinct brow ridges and a sloping forehead. Homo Erectus is among the most successful hominin species in the fossil record and engulfs modern humanity's time on earth by well over a million years.

TurkeyOnRye

Ok! The truth comes out...this thread was supposed to illicit Christian/Creationist response. Once and for all, I'd like a rational response in regards to the fossil record.

nutshell

And many do not.

And those who do should consider whether or not evolution conflicts with the Bible's recount of how life started on Earth.

I do believe in evolution and I find no conflicts. The Bible isn't telling a literal story or giving a blueprint for creation, IMO. It is teaching Truth about God and His plan for us. If I want to find out how the earth was literally made I'll go to science class.

TurkeyOnRye

I do believe in evolution and I find no conflicts. The Bible isn't telling a literal story or giving a blueprint for creation, IMO. It is teaching Truth about God and His plan for us. If I want to find out how the earth was literally made I'll go to science class.

So you must not believe in Jesus or his miracles, correct?

nutshell

So you must not believe in Jesus or his miracles, correct?

That's a logical fallacy. Non-belief of one does not mean there must be non-belief of another. In fact, I believe there are undiscovered scientific explanations for the miracles.

TurkeyOnRye

That's a logical fallacy. Non-belief of one does not mean there must be non-belief of another. In fact, I believe there are undiscovered scientific explanations for the miracles.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Let's work by example. How is the story of Jesus healing the man who got his ears sliced rationalized?