• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is this Inspiring Messenger mentioned in Isaiah 42?

Servant_of_the_One1

I read for the 10th time this inspiring chapter about a messenger with a mighty law. He is supported by the Creator of Heavens and Earth. The Al-Mighty Creator will prevail against his enemies aka the idol worshippers(as mentioned in Isaiah 42) from the villages of Kedar.

So question is:
Who is this mighty messenger according to your view?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I read for the 10th time this inspiring chapter about a messenger with a mighty law. He is supported by the Creator of Heavens and Earth.
And Hell.

The Al-Mighty Creator will prevail against his enemies aka the idol worshippers(as mentioned in Isaiah 42) from the villages of Kedar.
As it should be expected by anyone Almighty. If he couldn't, He shoud be called almost-al-mighty.

So question is:

I don't know. Angela Merkel, maybe?

Ciao

- fiole

Tumah

Veteran Member
I read for the 10th time this inspiring chapter about a messenger with a mighty law. He is supported by the Creator of Heavens and Earth. The Al-Mighty Creator will prevail against his enemies aka the idol worshippers(as mentioned in Isaiah 42) from the villages of Kedar.
It doesn't say that G-d's enemies are idol worshipers in the text. You are putting that in.

It also doesn't say that G-d's enemies are in Kedar. Its saying that all these different places (the people at sea, on land, islands, deserts, modern cities and non-modern Kedar) will sing praises to G-d.

So question is:
Don't read the book from the middle. Go back to the previous chapter where its said who it is.

Servant_of_the_One1

Is Mecca in Kedar?
The Kedarian Territory is vast, and it includes Makkah.

There are sources that indicates that they also lived in Iraq, Yemen, Greater Syria and Iran.

However i love when christians says Isaiah 42 is about Jesus pbuh. What does Kedar have to do with Jesus? What does New Law have to do with Jesus(he didnt abolish Mosaic law and come with new one)? What does idolworship have to do with Jesus(The Israelites were Monotheists)....

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
The Kedarian Territory is vast, and it includes Makkah.

There are sources that indicates that they also lived in Iraq, Yemen, Greater Syria and Iran.

However i love when christians says Isaiah 42 is about Jesus pbuh. What does Kedar have to do with Jesus? What does New Law have to do with Jesus(he didnt abolish Mosaic law and come with new one)? What does idolworship have to do with Jesus(The Israelites were Monotheists)....
Wow.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
What does Kedar have to do with Jesus?
... I don't know. The Gospels never say Jesus went to Arabia.
What does New Law have to do with Jesus(he didnt abolish Mosaic law and come with new one)?
The New Law you can find in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew Chapter 5) and Paul's letter to the Galatians (Chapter 5 verses 22 thru 26)
What does idolworship have to do with Jesus(The Israelites were Monotheists)....
It's not that God isn't one, it's that he's three-in-one. You think it's 1+1+1=3 which is idolatry, but it's actually 1x1x1=1.