• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who is the Master?

zenzero

Its only a Label
friends,
Any claim is from the mind / ego / false. The are thoughts coming out of the mind.
Thoughts are like ripples in a lake. Only a silent lake reflects which is mind free of any thought.
Masters can never claim anything as they have not achieved anything. They only watched the ripples or thoughts subside in the mind /lake. It was already there.
The oceanic experience comes when the watcher and the watched becomes one. there is none then to even claim.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Francine,
Could feel those ripples; hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirror reflects ; dittoheads never see their own reflections and learn; they copy others.
Love & rgds

koan

:) Oh, that is so easy. It is a great pity you do not see the patterns behind my words. You are always welcome to drop by and visit. If you are confident that I would disappoint you in a conversation between essences, then you would experience your expectations. Open your mind and who know what might happen.

My off hand guess would be because my words do not match your preconceived notions about reality. Consciousness is like a bubble you mold your world around. Perhaps you might perceive the image I am projecting. The surface and outside of the bubble is form; whereas within the bubble is the formlessness of being. The eye within an eye within an eye anology is a very good one. Try to capture the essence of it, as it is an "active image". Have some fun and meditate on it for a time. What do you have to lose? :)

I would not dare to presume that you have not had an insight. However, it appears that insight into the nature of the ego has passed you by.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Correction, koan...

It appears to you that the insight into the nature of the ego has passed him by. Be careful, because there is a difference in that.

mr.guy

crapsack
An old Master used to arise every morning and say, "Be alert! Be alert!" He would then answer, "Yes, Yes, be alert."
Which one is the real master?
Reminds me of:

"Oh, master?"
"Yes, master?"
"Be calm."
"Yes, master."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would not dare to presume that you have not had an insight. However, it appears that insight into the nature of the ego has passed you by.
Here we will leave our discussion as I unequivocally reject Buddhist/Zen teachings about the nature of the ego. I won't derail your thread any further, Namaste.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Here itself we can see for ourselves the root cause of mankind.
* I * which is the ego.
There is still someone who is accepting /rejecting something.
There is someone who is having an insight.
Ofcourse it has to be there till one merges but not without awareness of the same.
Let me put it this way.
The body that i am housed in is born in India, does that mean that I am an Indian? Yes , by accepted norms that should be so. However having accepted the evolutionary concept which means rebiths till moksha have no doubt that have been around the planet earth for many lives. Am sure have been through various births through various cultues and religious ways.
The self has been accepted as a part of the whole and not a seperate * I *; but am still around, without any purpose other than cleaning the karma balance sheet.
Have given up seeking moksha too as any way am living in the garden of eden; so why bother.
Love & rgds