• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Satan?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I believe Satan to be an arrogant thorn in my side, personally. I believe him to be a lovely, romantic adversary to all that is beautiful and right. I believe he chose to reject love and righteousness to introduce this world to knowledge and sin. It's my belief that he's screwed and his brand of freedom is a lie.

But I understand the appeal.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
If you ment to get replies from all people, you should repost this outside of DIR.

Not even sure if its okay to even post advice like this 0.o they are strict with this part of the forum.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Yeah...I felt a little odd in posting, but did anyway...I figured it could be...moved...

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Here's the Baha'i view:

God is One, Supreme, and has no rival or equal! There is thus no "devil" out there trying to "get us."

And "satan" is simply our own lower (animal) nature when we give it control instead of our higher (spiritual) nature.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Open to all religions.
This is my view: man's negative qualities: selfishness, being unthoughtful, arrogance, etc. Not a God, opponent of God, or an angel. Most certainly not something we can blame for coercing us to do it.

espo35

19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one

1 John

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I literally do worship Satan.
But the fact is,
I believe I am Satan.

We have two different psychological features: the loud, selfish, smart, taker and the quiet, selfless, altruistic, giver.

The first one is Satan.

The second is ignorance.