• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is right? I give up

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Can someone tell me plainly if their religion is the actual correct one:confused:? You see, I’m trying to figure it out, but I’m just about burnt out investigating. thanks!
This thread is intended to be an exercise in futility :) as there is no way of knowing who is right. My family has a tradition of dying Christian so that’s what I’ve decided to do, and not worry about if we are right or not.
As you already know, as a Baha'i I believe that all the revealed religions are true religions although I also believe that the older religions have been corrupted by men over time and that the Baha'i Faith has the message that is pertinent to this age. That does not make it any more right than any of the older religions, only more right for this age, since it has the remedy that humanity needs in this age.

Baha’u’llah sternly warned us never to make any distinction between any of the Messengers of God (who are the Manifestations of His Cause) because they all arise to proclaim the same religion, since there is only one eternal religion of God. Baha’u’llah wrote that the works and acts of all the Manifestations of God were all ordained by God, a reflection of His Will and Purpose, meaning that all the religions are equally true and all the Messengers are equal in stature.

“Beware, O believers in the Unity of God, lest ye be tempted to make any distinction between any of the Manifestations of His Cause, or to discriminate against the signs that have accompanied and proclaimed their Revelation. This indeed is the true meaning of Divine Unity, if ye be of them that apprehend and believe this truth. Be ye assured, moreover, that the works and acts of each and every one of these Manifestations of God, nay whatever pertaineth unto them, and whatsoever they may manifest in the future, are all ordained by God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Whoso maketh the slightest possible difference between their persons, their words, their messages, their acts and manners, hath indeed disbelieved in God, hath repudiated His signs, and betrayed the Cause of His Messengers.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 59-60

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you were in an aeroplane about to crash into the ocean intellect would play no part; whichever God you'd be screaming and praying to - that's your God :)

Interesting. For me, that would mean that the pilot or copilot is God. I would be *devoutly* hoping that they could get the plane back under control.

Jeremiah Ames

Can someone tell me plainly if their religion is the actual correct one:confused:? You see, I’m trying to figure it out, but I’m just about burnt out investigating. thanks!
This thread is intended to be an exercise in futility :) as there is no way of knowing who is right. My family has a tradition of dying Christian so that’s what I’ve decided to do, and not worry about if we are right or not.

They are all equally right, imo.

DNB

Christian
Jesus does not accept the luke-warm, the indifferent or the Christian-by-default. So, if you die a Christian with the sentiments that you have now, your 'faith' will be discovered to be a façade and will be rejected.

Christianity is the true religion. It addresses more fundamentally and accurately both the human condition, and God's holiness, justice and mercy.
This world did not come from nothing, nor the good and evil that we see in the world. Therefore, there is a creator who transcends the physical universe, and a spiritual realm that influences man's actions and behaviour - anthropology clearly reveals man's irrational behaviour that defies his actual intellectual capacity - his spiritual dimension has overridden his pragmatic capabilities, his vices and destructiveness are incontrovertible.

The Bible addresses man's sin and contempt for God, and the need for restitution between humans and their Creator. One man pleased God, namely Jesus Christ, and God's unfathomable mercy and grace allowed this one man's faith and love to justify, and precipitate an offer of redemption to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Is there an honest and introspective person out there that cannot appreciate man's need for absolution? Is there anyone who has ever loved their neighbour as themselves, or, to the theists, loved God with all their hearts, minds and souls?

Daemon Sophic

*emphasis added*

Good! Good!
You are beginning to see.

Welcome to Agnosticism.:):):cool:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Look what your heart tells you when you reading the different scriptures, the one your heart keeps wanting you to read more of, and the scripture you find yourself within, that is the right one for you. This is what happened to me when I was about to convert to Sufism, the Sufi teaching fully hit home. it felt like I was home spiritually.
That said, I can not say Sufism is what is right for you.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
So, if you die a Christian with the sentiments that you have now, your 'faith' will be discovered to be a façade and will be rejected.
Easy to label another persons faith as a “facade”. Who are you to say that my faith would be rejected before God? Slightly offended :rolleyes::p

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am right. Trust me.