• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Jesus?

capumetu

Simple question that Jesus once asked, yet many answer that question differently. What is your opinion?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A teacher written about in scripture. I don't know jesus "like that" to see him as anyone other than what people wrote about him.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Simple question that Jesus once asked, yet many answer that question differently. What is your opinion?
I think the verb tense you presented implies you are looking for a very specific response. So here goes...

I think Jesus is a sagely, likely enlightened being whose body and mind died 1,982 years ago...give or take, who no longer self-identifies as Jesus.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think the Jesus you mean was something of an anarchist, possibly even a terrorist fighting Roman occupation ans was crucified for his crimes. When the bible was compiled the life of john the baptiser was merged with that of a strident opponent of Rome to make the jesus you all know ans love.

Before anyone asks, i have no hard evidence for this, only knowledge of Roman tactics at the time and various snippets i have read.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the Jesus you mean was something of an anarchist, possibly even a terrorist fighting Roman occupation ans was crucified for his crimes. When the bible was compiled the life of john the baptiser was merged with that of a strident opponent of Rome to make the jesus you all know ans love.

Before anyone asks, i have no hard evidence for this, only knowledge of Roman tactics at the time and various snippets i have read.
The Roman tactics of the time was to execute the leaders of opposition groups to Roman rule. If they were violent opposition groups, they would crucify both the leader and the followers. If they were non-violent groups, they would only execute the leaders and let the flocks go where there would likely just fade away without their leaders.

Jesus alone was crucified, and not his followers. Therefore, Jesus and his followers were not terrorists. Neither was John the Baptist. They alone were targeted, which makes them part of the nonviolent resisters to Roman occupation.

Colt

The Son of God (creator of this and many other inhabited worlds) incarnate anonymously being both divine and human in one miraculous personality.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Jesus is one manifestation in human form of the eternal Avatar who comes again and again to lead the universe closer to Divinity.

roberto

A Greek anti-Jewish messiah, created by Emperor Constantine in the year 325ce for Christians.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

So just too lazy to be bothered to respond to an OP as asked, then.

I typically just scroll past posts by people that are too lazy to respond to posts in their own words have find in necessary to reply with scripture or links. Are you one of those people I shouldn't be bothered to read?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
So just too lazy to be bothered to respond to an OP as asked, then.

I typically just scroll past posts by people that are too lazy to respond to posts in their own words have find in necessary to reply with scripture or links. Are you one of those people I shouldn't bother to read?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Roman tactics of the time was to execute the leaders of opposition groups to Roman rule. If they were violent opposition groups, they would crucify both the leader and the followers. If they were non-violent groups, they would only execute the leaders and let the flocks go where there would likely just fade away without their leaders.

Jesus alone was crucified, and not his followers. Therefore, Jesus and his followers were not terrorists. Neither was John the Baptist. They alone were targeted, which makes them part of the nonviolent resisters to Roman occupation.

Jesus opposed Roman rule, he opposed the polytheism of Rome, he opposed the god status of the emperor.

So your hard evidence of nonviolent resistance is what? Or like me, its belief based of the factors you choose to accept!