• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What is your Religion? Your profile does not state your Religion or Non-Religion.
Why do you remove the line spaces from my posts? I work in the IT Profession and in this Profession it's a Rule to put plenty of White Space between text to make it easier to read for colleagues and customers.
I'm basically here to discuss the Bible more then discuss the different religions.
I am addressing or focusing only the lines that are not removed.
Thank you for letting me know about the White Space.
Please feel free to remind me again because I'm apt to forget.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again, you misunderstand the dual nature of Christ as prophesied (Isaiah 52:13-15) and which is highlighted again by the apostle Paul in Phillipians 2:6-8.
6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,a​
7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness.​
8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.​
You are quoting text about the Son of Man and using those to claim Christ (God) is subserviant to God. That is simply poor theology. Even Christ calls Himself "Son of man". However, lets not forget, Isaiah also prophesied that God Himself would come die for His creation...
Isaiah 9:6&7
6For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish and sustain it with justice and righteousness from that time and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will accomplish this.
So now let me ask you...who was it that died for the sins of mankind, a man born of fallen corrupted humanity, or God?
And whilst you are contemplating my question above, also ask yourself...what was the charge Satan made against God in heaven? Wasnt it along the lines of God is self serving, selfish, and doesnt care?
If the charge satan made against God is to be tested on this earth, how does a selfish God answer that charge with integrity by creating somone else to die for the sins of humanity? How does that prove God is loving, all caring, or even innocent exactly?
Adam was created as a perfect human.
Under favorable conditions Adam proved unfaithful
God's Son, who He sent to Earth from Heaven, was created with heavenly perfection - Rev. 3:14 B
Under adverse conditions Jesus proved faithful, thus balancing the Scale of Justice for us.
Under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law justice was to be equal justice. Equal life for life.

Besides Job (Job 2:4-5) Satan challenges all of us. ' Touch our flesh....' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God under adverse conditions. Both Job and Jesus proved faithful under adverse conditions, so can we.

Because Jesus is given the resurrection power (Rev. 1:18) is why he has the title Everlasting Father.
Father means: Life Giver. Jesus gives life via the resurrection - Acts 24:15
Jesus is divine titled Mighty God but does Not say 'Almighty God' . ( God is a title and Not a name )
Yes, Jesus as the ' stone ' (Daniel 2:44-45) of God's Kingdom government.
Jesus will govern God's Kingdom for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

3rdAngel

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Paul thought he was above the law prohibiting eating meat sacrificed to idols because of his faith.

If your sins were gone, you would be free of disease and not die. You remain a captive of the plagues of Babylon (Rev 18:4) and like everybody, are going to die. As for Paul's writings, he was a slave to sin and the evil within him (Romans 7:19-24).

The "new covenant" with the house of Judah and the house of Israel, via Jeremiah 31:31-33 was that no one would have to teach about the LORD for they would all know him. That is not the case with respect to today's world. That happens when the LORD gives Israel, the combined Judah and Ephraim/Israel (Ez 37), a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 36) and settles them on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ez 36 & 37). That remains behind the door.
Your interpretation of Colossians 2:14 is in error. The hand writing of ordinances which were against us is not a reference to Gods 10 commandments. Look up the Greek word used for "ordinances" δόγμα (dógma | dog'-mah) G1378. It means a civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical law, the context is to that which is against us and contrary to us, taking it out of the way and nailing it to the cross. This is a reference to the old covenant ceremonial sacrificial system of animal sacrifices and sin offerings for atonement for sin. It has nothing to do with Gods 10 commandments. You are indeed confused here. The old covenant laws of atonement all pointed to the coming of Jesus as Gods sacrifice for the sins of the world (John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 10:10) based on better promises in the new covenant (see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-17 and Hebrews 10:1-22). These are what was nailed to the cross along with our sins, not Gods 10 commandments which Paul says are Holy just and good in Romans 7:12 and that Paul also says are established and obeyed through faith in Gods Word see Romans 3:31. Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word does not make them disappear.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......................... After the "Day of the LORD", the day of judgment, there will be a period of a millennium, in which the righteous will reign on earth. (Rev 20:4).
To me it is Jesus and those who have that first or earlier resurrection to Heaven - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10 - who will reign but Not on Earth but over the Earth. Please keep John 14:19 in mind.
Those who have that first or earlier resurrection are the saints/holy ones of Daniel 7:18.
People like those mentioned at Luke 22:28-30; Rev. 2:10
They reign (govern) over the humble meek who will inherit (Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth - Psalm 37:9-11; 22:26; Matt. 5:5
So, I'm referring to two (2) hopes: one heavenly and one earthly.
ALL the people named in God's Hall of Fame - Hebrews 11:13,39 - will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection.
ALL who died before Jesus died can have a physical resurrection - John 3:13 - including King David - Acts 2:34
They are Not part of the first or earlier heavenly resurrection (Rev. 20:6) but part of the later resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous - Acts 24:15 ( KJV just and unjust )

3rdAngel

.............any thoughts about Colossians 2:14; Hebrews 7:18 _____________________
See my last post on Colossians 2:14... In regards to Hebrews 7 the context is the law of the Levitical Priesthood not Gods 10 commandments. Read the context. The chapter is talking about Jesus being from the tribe of Judah and only Levites were allowed to be Priests in Levitical laws of the earthly Sanctuary (see Hebrews 7:12-19)

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See above...
The Constitution of the Mosaic Law was for only one nation, the nation of ancient Israel. - Romans 10:4
Besides the 'first ten' there is a number 11, 12, 13, 14 all the way up to 600+ Mosaic laws.
Christians are under the 'Law of Christ' (Galatians 6:2) which includes Jesus' New Commandment found at John 13:34-35
We are to now have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See my last post on Colossians 2:14... In regards to Hebrews 7 the context is the law of the Levitical Priesthood not Gods 10 commandments. Read the context. The chapter is talking about Jesus being from the tribe of Judah and only Levites were allowed to be Priests in Levitical laws of the earthly Sanctuary (see Hebrews 7:12-19)
Besides God's 10 Commandments there are about 600 more. Besides the first 10 there is a number 11,12,13,14, 15.......
As Melchizedek was both King and High Priest so is Jesus - Psalm 110:4 ; Hebrews 7:11 B, 15-17 ( Melchizedek )

3rdAngel

The Constitution of the Mosaic Law was for only one nation, the nation of ancient Israel. - Romans 10:4
Besides the 'first ten' there is a number 11, 12, 13, 14 all the way up to 600+ Mosaic laws.
Christians are under the 'Law of Christ' (Galatians 6:2) which includes Jesus' New Commandment found at John 13:34-35
We are to now have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
Depends on what you are referring to as Mosaic law. God spoke the 10 commandments alone (Exodus 20:1-17) and wrote them on two tables of stone with His own finger (Exodus 32:16). Everyone of them are repeated in the new covenant as the standard of right and wrong, good and evil, sin and righteousness if obeyed or disobeyed. There are other laws in the Mosaic book of the law of the old covenant (Exodus 24:7) that were written by Moses under Gods instruction (see Deuteronomy 31:9). These laws were separated in the Ark of the covenant. The book of the law was to be placed in the side of the ark (Deuteronomy 31:26) while Gods 10 commandments were to be placed inside the ark under the mercy seat (standard of judgement see Deuteronomy 10:4-5) and nothing more was to be added to them (Deuteronomy 5:22). God law that was the work of God alone is called the ten commandments in the scriptures (see Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13 and Deuteronomy 10:4) not the 9 or 613 commandments. The later are man-made teachings and traditions not based on scripture.

No one is under the law of Christ if they are breaking Gods commandments and living in known unrepentant sin. This is defined as the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2). According to the scriptures no one can claim to know God if they break His commandments as they are still in their sins and unbelief (see 1 John 2:3-4). Jesus commandment is based on Gods new covenant promise of Jeremiah 31:31-36, Ezekiel 36:24-27 and Hebrews 8:10-12. It is a promise of a new heart circumcised by God to love Him with all of our heart and neighbor as our self. This however does not abolish the need to obey Gods law but rather is how Gods law is obeyed from the inside out through love. Faith in Gods Word and love is how Gods law is obeyed and established in the lives of all those who are born again to walk in Gods Spirit (see Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-12; James 2:8-12; John 3:3-7 compare 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16 and Romans 3:31 - Romans 6:1-23.

Think your argument through. Can anyone love God and neighbor if they lie, steal murder neighbor or use Gods name in vain, make idols, have other gods and bow down to worship them? No of course not. Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40 quoting the two great commandments of love to God and man is actually quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 and finishes by saying "ON THESE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. (Matthew 22:40). Love to God and man is how we obey Gods law from the inside out in Gods new covenant promise in Jeremiah 31:31-36; Ezekiel 36:24-27 and Hebrews 8:10-12.

Gods salvation and new covenant promise is from the inside out and is why we need to be born again to walk in Gods Spirit if we want to enter into Gods kingdom. This is why Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" in John 14:15 and again in John 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love and again in 1 John 5:2-4 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. It is our faith that gives us the victory to overcome the world and according to the scriptures, in Romans 3:31 faith does not abolish the law it establishes God law in the lives of all those who believe Gods Word. Therefore according to the scriptures if you are not a part of Gods Israel you have no part in Gods new covenant promise (see Jeremiah 31:31-36; Hebrews 8:10-12). God never made His covenant promise with gentiles. This is why in the new covenant Jewish and gentiles believers are all now one in Christ and Gods true Israel no longer born of the flesh but of the Spirit of God (see detailed scripture study already provided on who is Gods Israel in the new covenant in the first four posts of the OP page 1).

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Besides God's 10 Commandments there are about 600 more. Besides the first 10 there is a number 11,12,13,14, 15.......
As Melchizedek was both King and High Priest so is Jesus - Psalm 110:4 ; Hebrews 7:11 B, 15-17 ( Melchizedek )
Not relevant. Read Hebrew 7 it is about the law of the Priesthood not Gods 10 commandments.

Sargonski

I did not make any falsehoods. Perhaps that is something you are perpetuating. I did indeed say my God is the God of all creation and the same God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Israel. What has that got to do with this OP which is over the question, WHO ARE GODS TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?" Absolutely nothing. Do you have anything to contribute to this OP. I am guessing not.

See the previous section of this post. It is you who is wasting time this OP is over the question, WHO ARE GODS TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT? If you want to talk about the name of God make your own OP and send me a link and I will post in it. Your post here only tells me you did not even bother to read the OP.

You just admitted your falsehood .. and it is you who has been avoiding the OP .. and wasting peoples time.

You say above that your God is the God of Abraham .. and you said previously the name of your God is Jesus = you believe the God of Abraham is Jesus.. then you deny that you said the name of the God of Abraham was Jesus when that is exactly what you said.

Sorry Friend .. the Name of Abrahams God is not Jesus.

The OP is about the God of some new covenant .. and who you claim is the true Israel of that Covenant .. but you refuse to tell us who the God of this new Covenant is .. and then cry out that it is others who do not understand when by all accounts it looks like it is you who is the one who does not understand who your God is .. after boasting how well you know God.

Sargonski

Depends on what you are referring to as Mosaic law. God spoke the 10 commandments alone (Exodus 20:1-17) and wrote them on two tables of stone with His own finger (Exodus 32:16). Everyone of them are repeated in the new covenant as the standard of right and wrong, good and evil, sin and righteousness if obeyed or disobeyed. There are other laws in the Mosaic book of the law of the old covenant (Exodus 24:7) that were written by Moses under Gods instruction (see Deuteronomy 31:9). These laws were separated in the Ark of the covenant. The book of the law was to be placed in the side of the ark (Deuteronomy 31:26) while Gods 10 commandments were to be placed inside the ark under the mercy seat (standard of judgement see Deuteronomy 10:4-5) and nothing more was to be added to them (Deuteronomy 5:22). God law that was the work of God alone is called the ten commandments in the scriptures (see Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13 and Deuteronomy 10:4) not the 9 or 613 commandments. The later are man-made teachings and traditions not based on scripture.

No one is under the law of Christ if they are breaking Gods commandments and living in known unrepentant sin. This is defined as the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2). According to the scriptures no one can claim to know God if they break His commandments as they are still in their sins and unbelief (see 1 John 2:3-4). Jesus commandment is based on Gods new covenant promise of Jeremiah 31:31-36, Ezekiel 36:24-27 and Hebrews 8:10-12. It is a promise of a new heart circumcised by God to love Him with all of our heart and neighbor as our self. This however does not abolish the need to obey Gods law but rather is how Gods law is obeyed from the inside out through love. Faith in Gods Word and love is how Gods law is obeyed and established in the lives of all those who are born again to walk in Gods Spirit (see Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-12; James 2:8-12; John 3:3-7 compare 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16 and Romans 3:31 - Romans 6:1-23.

Think your argument through. Can anyone love God and neighbor if they lie, steal murder neighbor or use Gods name in vain, make idols, have other gods and bow down to worship them? No of course not. Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40 quoting the two great commandments of love to God and man is actually quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 and finishes by saying "ON THESE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. (Matthew 22:40). Love to God and man is how we obey Gods law from the inside out in Gods new covenant promise in Jeremiah 31:31-36; Ezekiel 36:24-27 and Hebrews 8:10-12.

Gods salvation and new covenant promise is from the inside out and is why we need to be born again to walk in Gods Spirit if we want to enter into Gods kingdom. This is why Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" in John 14:15 and again in John 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love and again in 1 John 5:2-4 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. It is our faith that gives us the victory to overcome the world and according to the scriptures, in Romans 3:31 faith does not abolish the law it establishes God law in the lives of all those who believe Gods Word. Therefore according to the scriptures if you are not a part of Gods Israel you have no part in Gods new covenant promise (see Jeremiah 31:31-36; Hebrews 8:10-12). God never made His covenant promise with gentiles. This is why in the new covenant Jewish and gentiles believers are all now one in Christ and Gods true Israel no longer born of the flesh but of the Spirit of God (see detailed scripture study already provided on who is Gods Israel in the new covenant in the first four posts of the OP page 1).

Take Care.

Nothing from any of your numerous cut and paste quotations - most which you either don't understand or have not tried to understand .. (for example John 3 - Jesus talking about being born again) has Jesus claiming that the "True Israel" are the Gentiles .. So we are left with statement in the earliest stories we have about him which is important as the story changes as you go futher away in time from the event - that he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.

So I will rate your "True Israel" suggestion that this is the Gentiles as mostly false .. simply on the basis that we don't know either way .. it might be true but doesn't seem so .. for if Israel means "The Gentiles" .. then this leaves out the Jews .. as Jesus says "Only" to the lost Sheep of Israel. .. Then you have the problem of which sheep among the lost are saved .. "Born Again" could simply mean that you first have to die.. upon which one is born of spirit .. a simple allusion to the resurrection .. when your body dies and the spirit leaves the body resuming its journey

That aside - You then veer onto the True Path .. The Truth - The Way - The Light .. perhaps unwittingly ?! .. Perhaps not !? (and do learn chess notation already) - where you fall upon the Golden Rule .. as the key to salvation .. Works - lack of bad deeds .. is "The will of the Father" The Teachings as a lad on the Knee of Rabbi Hillel .. Jesus Doth recite Matt 7:12

You also make a key distinction between "Commands" and Jewish Law .. on this we agree that this is what Jesus is referring to when he says "Keep the Commands" .. which can be summed up in the Golden Rule ... but only the commands which adhere to this rule. Murder - theft - bearing false witness all fall under this rule .. Idol's .. not so much. the key here is to understand the distinction between the two .. in light of "Don't do to others what you hate" - The rest is all commentary . now go and learn says the Great Rabbi.

The understanding of this principle is the purpose of being "Born Again" .. and your James 2 passage tells us not to believe the Free Pass ideology of Idol Martin .. on the Golden Rule one must focus .. there is no free pass through Judgement .. Ya Hear :)

3rdAngel

You just admitted your falsehood .. and it is you who has been avoiding the OP .. and wasting peoples time.

You say above that your God is the God of Abraham .. and you said previously the name of your God is Jesus = you believe the God of Abraham is Jesus.. then you deny that you said the name of the God of Abraham was Jesus when that is exactly what you said.

Sorry Friend .. the Name of Abrahams God is not Jesus.

The OP is about the God of some new covenant .. and who you claim is the true Israel of that Covenant .. but you refuse to tell us who the God of this new Covenant is .. and then cry out that it is others who do not understand when by all accounts it looks like it is you who is the one who does not understand who your God is .. after boasting how well you know God.
Thanks but I do not believe you. I prefer what the bible teaches. But thank you for sharing.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Depends on what you are referring to as Mosaic law. God spoke the 10 commandments alone (Exodus 20:1-17) and wrote them on two tables of stone with His own finger (Exodus 32:16). Everyone of them are repeated in the new covenant as the standard of right and wrong, good and evil, sin and righteousness if obeyed or disobeyed. There are other laws in the Mosaic book of the law of the old covenant (Exodus 24:7) that were written by Moses under Gods instruction (see Deuteronomy 31:9). These laws were separated in the Ark of the covenant. The book of the law was to be placed in the side of the ark (Deuteronomy 31:26) while Gods 10 commandments were to be placed inside the ark under the mercy seat (standard of judgement see Deuteronomy 10:4-5) and nothing more was to be added to them (Deuteronomy 5:22). God law that was the work of God alone is called the ten commandments in the scriptures (see Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13 and Deuteronomy 10:4) not the 9 or 613 commandments. The later are man-made teachings and traditions not based on scripture.

Your response here.
Nothing from any of your numerous cut and paste quotations - most which you either don't understand or have not tried to understand .. (for example John 3 - Jesus talking about being born again) has Jesus claiming that the "True Israel" are the Gentiles .. So we are left with statement in the earliest stories we have about him which is important as the story changes as you go futher away in time from the event - that he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.

So I will rate your "True Israel" suggestion that this is the Gentiles as mostly false .. simply on the basis that we don't know either way .. it might be true but doesn't seem so .. for if Israel means "The Gentiles" .. then this leaves out the Jews .. as Jesus says "Only" to the lost Sheep of Israel. .. Then you have the problem of which sheep among the lost are saved .. "Born Again" could simply mean that you first have to die.. upon which one is born of spirit .. a simple allusion to the resurrection .. when your body dies and the spirit leaves the body resuming its journey

That aside - You then veer onto the True Path .. The Truth - The Way - The Light .. perhaps unwittingly ?! .. Perhaps not !? (and do learn chess notation already) - where you fall upon the Golden Rule .. as the key to salvation .. Works - lack of bad deeds .. is "The will of the Father" The Teachings as a lad on the Knee of Rabbi Hillel .. Jesus Doth recite Matt 7:12

You also make a key distinction between "Commands" and Jewish Law .. on this we agree that this is what Jesus is referring to when he says "Keep the Commands" .. which can be summed up in the Golden Rule ... but only the commands which adhere to this rule. Murder - theft - bearing false witness all fall under this rule .. Idol's .. not so much. the key here is to understand the distinction between the two .. in light of "Don't do to others what you hate" - The rest is all commentary . now go and learn says the Great Rabbi.

The understanding of this principle is the purpose of being "Born Again" .. and your James 2 passage tells us not to believe the Free Pass ideology of Idol Martin .. on the Golden Rule one must focus .. there is no free pass through Judgement .. Ya Hear :)
Thank you but I did not cut and paste the post you are responding to. If you disagree with the post you are responding to please address the post content and the scriptures posted there that might be in disagreement with you and show why you disagree from the scriptures. If you cannot, what is your argument? You have none and you are only left with your unbelief which is sin in Gods eyes (John 3:36; Romans 14:23).

Take Care.

Sargonski

Thanks but I do not believe you. I prefer what the bible teaches. But thank you for sharing.

What is it that you do not believe .. and what does the Bible teach that you prefer ? .. and no Thanks for not Sharing .. but will gladly give thanks if you would . . share .. what on earth you are trying to say :) What is it that you do not believe friend ? and how does the Bible teach otherwise.

The Jewish Bible does not teach that the God of Abraham was Jesus .. as you have claimed .. and then denied claiming what you claimed .. is it this that you do not believe .. or something else .. and thank you for sharing in advance :)

Sargonski

Your response here.

Thank you but I did not cut and paste the post you are responding to. If you disagree with the post you are responding to please address the post content and the scriptures posted there that might be in disagreement with you and show why you disagree from the scriptures. If you cannot, what is your argument? You have none and you are only left with your unbelief which is sin in Gods eyes (John 3:36; Romans 14:23).

Take Care.

I did address your post with Scripture .. why are you pretending otherwise as some kind of deflection tactic .. .. then wailing out some demonization of the other trope.. 'Your are only left with your unbelief which is sin in Gods eyes"

Unbelief in what ? what is this unbelief you are accusing the other of .. followed by a claim to speak for God. This personal invective has taken a strange twist into blasphemy I fear .. coupled with a big log out of own eye moment. Who is the one who lacks belief in scripture .. that Deeds are the key, to set one free .. right action as the sages say .. not the worship of the dogma of Idol Martin .. and that free pass idology .. that which both Jesus and James call "Foolish" .... yeeeeeouchi .. the harshest of words from the Divine.

What is this "Unbelief" .. a sin so great you feel confident speaking for God on the manner .. telling us what God thinks on the issue .. and has condemned us to hell on the basis of this sin .. the burning pit of fire.

Different thing I see .. from my perspective .. is you the one walking close to the fire ... this deception and deflection .. then blaspheming the spirit .. the word of God .. putting words in the mouth of the Supreme one - who's name you do not know ..

3rdAngel

What is it that you do not believe .. and what does the Bible teach that you prefer ?
I do not believe your lies about my posts being falsehood. They are Gods Words not my words and scripture is not falsehood. If you do not believe them, then that is between you and God. I will leave you to your unbelief.
The Jewish Bible does not teach that the God of Abraham was Jesus .. as you have claimed .. and then denied claiming what you claimed .. is it this that you do not believe .. or something else .. and thank you for sharing in advance :)
As posted the first time. God has many names in the old covenant scriptures (e.g. Yahweh; YHWH; Jehovah etc etc etc). Who said God's name in the old covenant was Jesus? If I never made these claims why pretend that I did and if I never said this what is your argument. You have none.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

I did address your post with Scripture .. why are you pretending otherwise as some kind of deflection tactic .. .. then wailing out some demonization of the other trope.. 'Your are only left with your unbelief which is sin in Gods eyes"

Unbelief in what ? what is this unbelief you are accusing the other of .. followed by a claim to speak for God. This personal invective has taken a strange twist into blasphemy I fear .. coupled with a big log out of own eye moment. Who is the one who lacks belief in scripture .. that Deeds are the key, to set one free .. right action as the sages say .. not the worship of the dogma of Idol Martin .. and that free pass idology .. that which both Jesus and James call "Foolish" .... yeeeeeouchi .. the harshest of words from the Divine.

What is this "Unbelief" .. a sin so great you feel confident speaking for God on the manner .. telling us what God thinks on the issue .. and has condemned us to hell on the basis of this sin .. the burning pit of fire.

Different thing I see .. from my perspective .. is you the one walking close to the fire ... this deception and deflection .. then blaspheming the spirit .. the word of God .. putting words in the mouth of the Supreme one - who's name you do not know ..
Please do not be untruthful and lie. Where did you address any of the post content of post # 628 linked proving your claims? You did not. All you did was to call my post a cut and paste falsehood when I did not cut and paste anything and you did not prove from the scriptures why you believe this post was falsehood. You just made the comment "it is falsehood" without proving why. You disagreeing with scripture claiming it is falsehood does not mean it is falsehood now does it? Yet this is all you have done. Here lets start from the beginning. If you disagree with my linked post, please address the linked post content this time section by section and scripture by scripture, showing what it is you do not agree with and give your reasons why you do not agree from the scriptures. If you cannot what is your argument? You have none. You simply choose to close your eyes and not believe Gods Word and ignore what Gods Word says.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Sargonski

I do not believe your lies about my posts being falsehood. They are Gods Words not my words and scripture is not falsehood. If you do not believe them, then that is between you and God. I will leave you to your unbelief.

As posted the first time. God has many names in the old covenant scriptures (e.g. Yahweh; YHWH; Jehovah etc etc etc). Who said God's name in the old covenant was Jesus? If I never made these claims why pretend that I did and if I never said this what is your argument. You have none.

Take Care.

What lies ? Which statement are you claiming is not yours ? 1) Your God is the God of Abraham 2) The name of your God is Jesus

Scripture does not state that the God of Abraham is Jesus ? ... so how is this unbelief on my part ? It is you who does not believe Scripture .. which tells us that the name by which Abe knew his God was not YHWH - .. which is the same name as Jehovah .. so there is no ect ect.

"Who said Gods name in the Old Covenent was Jesus" -- You did .. when you stated both 1 and 2 .. .. unless you did not state 1) and/or 2)

So what is it which statement do you deny saying 1 or 2 .. because if you said both .. then indeed you claimed the name of the God of Abraham was Jesus .. but no worries .. as you have now changed your claim to YHWH being the God of Abraham

YHWH himself claims that Abraham did not know him by this name .. None of the Patriarchs Abe to Israel to Joseph .. were worshiping a God by name YHWH .. The Most High" God of the Patriarchs .all who believed in many Gods .. was EL ... according to modern Theological Scholarship .. Just go read the Encyclopedia Brittannica .. or the Footnotes in a modern Bible ..

So Friend ... we have come full circle .. turns out that your boasting of knowing God .. has not panned out too well .. turns out you do not know your God that well .. nor the identity of your God .. assuming you still claim your God is the God of Abraham.

3rdAngel

Please do not be untruthful and lie. Where did you address any of the post content of post # 628 linked proving your claims? You did not. All you did was to call my post a cut and paste falsehood when I did not cut and paste anything and you did not prove from the scriptures why you believe this post was falsehood. You just made the comment "it is falsehood" without proving why. You disagreeing with scripture claiming it is falsehood does not mean it is falsehood now does it? Yet this is all you have done. Here lets start from the beginning. If you disagree with my linked post, please address the linked post content this time section by section and scripture by scripture, showing what it is you do not agree with and give your reasons why you do not agree from the scriptures. If you cannot what is your argument? You have none. You simply choose to close your eyes and not believe Gods Word and ignore what Gods Word says.
Your response here
What lies ? Which statement are you claiming is not yours ? 1) Your God is the God of Abraham 2) The name of your God is Jesus

Scripture does not state that the God of Abraham is Jesus ? ... so how is this unbelief on my part ? It is you who does not believe Scripture .. which tells us that the name by which Abe knew his God was not YHWH - .. which is the same name as Jehovah .. so there is no ect ect.

"Who said Gods name in the Old Covenent was Jesus" -- You did .. when you stated both 1 and 2 .. .. unless you did not state 1) and/or 2)

So what is it which statement do you deny saying 1 or 2 .. because if you said both .. then indeed you claimed the name of the God of Abraham was Jesus .. but no worries .. as you have now changed your claim to YHWH being the God of Abraham

YHWH himself claims that Abraham did not know him by this name .. None of the Patriarchs Abe to Israel to Joseph .. were worshiping a God by name YHWH .. The Most High" God of the Patriarchs .all who believed in many Gods .. was EL ... according to modern Theological Scholarship .. Just go read the Encyclopedia Brittannica .. or the Footnotes in a modern Bible ..

So Friend ... we have come full circle .. turns out that your boasting of knowing God .. has not panned out too well .. turns out you do not know your God that well .. nor the identity of your God .. assuming you still claim your God is the God of Abraham.
So that is a no then? You are unwilling to address my post content that you simply ignored and called a falsehood, cut and paste while not address anything in this post or the scriptures that are in disagreement with you while claiming you did? If you do not want to respond to my posts or are unable to do so and simply ignore what is posted to you what is your argument? You have none. If you have nothing to add to the OP or are unable to prove what you say then I think our conversation is over and I will leave you to your false teaching.

Last edited:

Sargonski

Your response here

So that is a no then? You are unwilling to address my post content that you simply ignored and called a falsehood, cut and paste while not address anything in this post or the scriptures that are in disagreement with you while claiming you did? If you do not want to respond to my posts or are unable to do so and simply ignore what is posted to you what is your argument? You have none. If you have nothing to add to the OP or are unable to prove what you say then I think our conversation is over and I will leave you to your false teaching.

I addressed the content of your post .. why are you pretending I did not. What is a No .. again you are speaking in riddles of deflection what did I state was a falsehood ? Did you, or did you not make the claims 1) God of Abraham is your God .. 2) Jesus is the name of your God ?

Then you change your claim 3) YHWH is the God of Abraham .. and say that I lied about something .. what is it that is a lie friend .. which did you not claim 1) 2) or 3)

This is not difficult .. either state what this big lie is .. or withdraw your accusation ..

Now - as it turns out YHWH is not the God of Abraham .. The Bible tells us that this is not the name by which Abe new his God .. nor any of the other silly names such as Jehovah .. just another way to pronounce YHWH.

but, unfortunately -- the God of Abraham is not YHWH .. the Yahu of the Shasu cult does not start until Moses. The God of Abraham .. and of the Patriarchs .. the Most High .. Supreme one of the Land of Canaan and beyond at the that time in history .. was EL. Psalm 82 friend

God stands in[b] the assembly of El;[c] in the midst of the gods[d] he renders judgment.[e]

The psalmist pictures God standing in the “assembly of El” where he accuses the “gods” of failing to promote justice on earth. God pronounces sentence upon them, announcing that they will die like men. Having witnessed the scene, the psalmist then asks God to establish his just rule over the earth.

The phrase עֲדַת אֵל (ʿadat ʾel, “assembly of El”) appears only here in the OT. (1) Some understand “El” to refer to God himself. In this case he is pictured presiding over his own heavenly assembly. (2) Others take אֵל as a superlative here (“God stands in the great assembly”), as in Pss 36:6 and 80:10. (3) The present translation assumes this is a reference to the Canaanite high god El, who presided over the Canaanite divine assembly. (See Isa 14:13, where El’s assembly is called “the stars of El.”) In the Ugaritic myths the phrase ʿdt ʾilm refers to the “assembly of the gods,” who congregate in King Kirtu’s house, where Baal asks El to bless Kirtu’s house (see G. R. Driver, Canaanite Myths and Legends, 91). If the Canaanite divine assembly is referred to here in Ps 82:1, then the psalm must be understood as a bold polemic against Canaanite religion. Israel’s God invades El’s assembly, denounces its gods as failing to uphold justice, and announces their coming demise. For an interpretation of the psalm along these lines, see W. VanGemeren, “Psalms,” EBC 5:533-36.

Perhaps if you read your bible more thoroughly .. reading the footnotes as given above - you would come to understand that the Supreme one of the Canaanite Pantheon is the God that Abraham and Melchi-Zedek are worshiping .. and if you read Hebrews 6 .. you will find that Jesus is a High Priest in the Order of Melchi-Zedek .. and in Psalm 110 will find that the Great King David was also a Priest forever in the order of MelChi-Zedek.

So your claim that you know God well .. but did not know the identity of the God of Abraham and Jesus .. puts doubt as to how well you really know God..