• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

3rdAngel

GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOW ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND OBEY GOD'S WORD!

According to the scriptures, the name "Israel" is only a name given by God to all those who choose to have faith in His Word. In the new covenant scriptures, I would like to pose that Gods true Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow what Gods Word says and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11) through faith in Gods Word. Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). According to the scriptures, if we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) but with believers regardless of their heritage.

According to the torah and new covenant scriptures the Messiah also represents God's true ISRAEL as an individual as it was applied to Jacob and as to those who also believe and follow God's Word. The Messiah (Jesus Christ) and his followers are Gods true Israel born of the Spirit of God, are the anti-type, the Israel in the flesh that is not the type as Jacob was or the nation of Israel born of the seen of Abraham. According to the scriptures, Jesus is Israel (Matthew 2:13-15, compare with Hosea 11:1; as are all his disciples all through time; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33), the true "overcomer" (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21), the real "Prince" with God (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5), being Lord over His own house, whose house are we (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33), who himself is the "elect" (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God find their realization (2 Corinthians 1:20). The promises made by God were all based upon condition (Exodus 19) see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 9:6-8; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33, 16:33, 17:12, 18:9, 21:5; 1 Corinthians 15:46; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 6:16; Hebrews 3:6, 8:8,10; Revelation 3:21

'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with the spiritual “Israel” (Jesus Christ, the "elect" of the Father; Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18-20), this “Judah” (Revelation 5:5) and His “house” (2 Corinthians 1:20 - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9) The new testament scriptures portray JESUS as the head and those who believe and follow his Word as the body *Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23; Colossians 1:18. God's ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow God's Word.

More to come later....
1. ORIGINS OF THE NAME ISRAEL IS OUTSIDE OF COVENANTS
2. GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT SCRIPTURES ARE NOW ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND OBEY GODS WORD
3. GENTILE BELIEVERS ARE NOW GRAFTED IN

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

ORIGIN OF THE NAME "ISRAEL" AND THE TWELVE TRIBES.

The promise of God to Abraham was that his descendants would be as the sand of the sea or start of heaven…
  • Genesis 22:15-18 [15], And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, [16], And said, By myself have I sworn, says the LORD, for because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son: [17], That in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies; [18], And in your descendants shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because you have obeyed my voice.
Jacob a descendant of Abraham being 2nd born received the birth right from Esau...
  • Genesis 25:31 [31], And Jacob said, Sell me this day your birthright. [32], And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point of death: and what profit shall this birthright be to me? [33], And Jacob said, swear to me this day; and he swore unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. [34], Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus, Esau despised his birthright.
God’s promise to Abraham was to be fulfilled through Abraham's descendant Jacob
  • Genesis 32:11-12 [11], Deliver me, I pray you, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he come and smite me, and the mother with the children. [12], And you said, I will surely do you good, and make your descendants as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.
God changes Jacobs name to ISRAEL...
  • Genesis 32:24-28 [24], And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. [25], And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. [26], And he said, let me go, for the day breaks. And he said, I will not let you go, except you bless me. [27], And he said unto him, what is your name? And he said, Jacob. [28], And he said, Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with God and with men, and have prevailed.
The name "Israel" is only a name given by God himself to represent his people. The origin of the name "Israel" come from Genesis 32:28 where Jacob wrestled with the Angel and prevailed ...for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Its meaning is his posterity will rule as God. Jacob had 12 sons representing the 12 tribes of Israel. “Israel” (God’s new name given to Jacob) had 12 sons which make up the 12 tribes of ISRAEL
  • Genesis 35:22-26 [22], ... Now the sons of Jacob were twelve: [23], The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun: [24], The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin: [25], And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali: [26], And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, who were born to him in Paddanaram.
God’s promise of the New Covenant is to ISRAEL…
  • Jeremiah 31:31-34 [31], Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32], Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; my covenant which they broke, although I was a husband unto them, says the LORD: [33], But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
New Covenant application in the book of Revelation and the last days..
  • Revelation 7:3-8 [3], Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads. [4], And I heard the number of them who were sealed: and there were sealed a hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. [5], Of the tribe of Judah were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. [6], Of the tribe of Asher were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Naphtali were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasseh were sealed twelve thousand. [7], Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. [8], Of the tribe of Zebulun were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
Note: As demonstrated through the scriptures, God’s people are called “Israel in both the Old and New Testament scriptures and the last day events before the second coming that John is describing in Revelation 7. The word “Israel” therefore according to the scriptures is simply a name that God gives to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says.

To be continued in the New Testament....

Last edited:

3rdAngel

GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT ARE ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD (The Church)

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...
  • Ephesians 2:11-14 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

• Galatians 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.
God's true Israel in the New Covenant are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abraham's seed but those who believe and obey God in Christ are God's Israel...
  • Romans 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.
God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...
  • Romans 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...
  • Colossians 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

• Romans 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.
The New Covenant is for God's Israel...
  • Ezekiel 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.
and again...
  • Jeremiah 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Paul proclaims it here...
  • Hebrews 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Note: According to the new covenant scriptures, The name "Israel" is only a name given by God to all those who choose to have faith in His Word. In the new covenant scriptures, I would like to pose that Gods true Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). As shown through the scriptures Gods Israel in the new covenant are now all those who have now been born of the Spirit through faith in Gods Word and are all those who now believe and obey what Gods Word says and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one Israel in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11) through faith in Gods Word. Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). According to the scriptures, if we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) but with believers regardless of their heritage.

More to come....

Last edited:

3rdAngel

GENTILES ARE NOW GRAFTED IN TO GOD'S ISRAEL.
ROMANS 11:16-27
[16], For if the firstfruit are holy, the lump is also holy: and IF THE ROOT IS HOLY, SO ARE THE BRANCHES.​
The root represents Christ...
[17], And if some of the branches were broken off, and YOU, BEING A WILD OLIVE TREE, WERE GRAFTED IN AMONG THEM, AND WITH THEM PARTAKE OF THE ROOT AND FATNESS OF THE OLIVE TREE.​

The Jewish and the Gentile believers are the branches grafted onto the root (Christ)...
[18], Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.​
[19], You will say then, THE BRANCHES WERE BROKEN OFF, THAT I MIGHT BE GRAFTED IN.​
[20], Well; BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF THEY WERE BROKEN OFF, AND YOU STAND BY FAITH. Be not arrogant, but fear:​
God's true “Israel” in the new covenant are all those who through faith believe and obey what God's word says...
[21], For IF GOD SPARED NOT THE NATURAL BRANCHES, TAKE HEED LEST HE ALSO NOT SPARE YOU.​
[22], Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, IF YOU CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS: OTHERWISE YOU ALSO SHALL BE CUT OFF.​
[23], And they also, IF THEY ABIDE NOT STILL IN UNBELIEF, SHALL BE GRAFTED IN: FOR GOD IS ABLE TO GRAFT THEM IN AGAIN.​
[24], FOR IF YOU WERE CUT OUT OF THE OLIVE TREE WHICH IS WILD BY NATURE, AND WERE GRAFTED CONTRARY TO NATURE INTO A GOOD OLIVE TREE: HOW MUCH MORE SHALL THESE, WHO ARE THE NATURAL BRANCHES, BE GRAFTED INTO THEIR OWN OLIVE TREE?​
[25], For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, UNTIL THE FULLNESS OF THE GENTILES COMES IN.​
[26], And so ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED: AS IT IS WRITTEN, THERE SHALL COME OUT OF ZION THE DELIVERER, AND SHALL TURN AWAY UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB:​
The New Covenant is for both Jews and Greek, bond and free, all those who are in Christ. All in Christ are the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise.
[27], FOR THIS IS MY COVENANT UNTO THEM, WHEN I SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36).​
Gentiles are now grafted in to God's “Israel”. If you are not a part of God's “Israel” who are now born of the Spirit of God through faith you have no part in Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Gods Israel in the new covenant is now simply all believers both Jews and Gentile believers who have been born again in Gods Spirit through faith that believe and follow what Gods Word says. We are all one in Christ through faith.

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.

3rdAngel

SUMMARY

QUESTION: Who is Gods Israel in the new covenant?

ANSWER: According to the scriptures as demonstrated above, Gods Israel in the New Covenant are both Jewish and Gentile believers that have accepted Jesus as the promised Messiah and believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

There is only one Israel, and that is the People of Israel, the Jews, the seed of Jacob.
Not according to the scriptures. According to the new covenant scriptures, Gods Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith in Gods Word (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow Gods Word and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11). Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). If we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). 'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), and the unbelieving branches are cut down and ready to be thrown into the fire (Romans 11:13-26) to perish forever more. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with Gods true “Israel” defined in the scriptures as all those who through faith have accepted the Messiah in Jesus and choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Whenever the NT contradicts the Tanakh, it is just more evidence that the NT is not the word of God.
The new covenant scripture do not contradict the old testament scriptures. The new testament scriptures come out of the old testament scripture and are in harmony with them. If you reject the promised Messiah in Gods Christ it is your understanding of the scriptures that is the problem not the scriptures you choose not to believe and obey. If you reject the promise of Gods Messiah then you are no more than one of the branches that have been broken off and cast out of Gods Israel and rejected by God because of your unbelief still waiting for things that have already come, but if you choose to believe and accept Gods promised Messiah in Jesus you can be grafted back in and be a part of Gods Israel according to the scriptures (see Romans 11:13-27). Its not too late.

Take care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

There are many contradictions, including this idea that exists only in the NT that there is a spiritual Israel.
Please forgive me but I do not believe you. If you believe there is contradictions post them up and lets discuss them. I prefer the scriptures you choose not to believe and obey which are Gods Words that are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. For me only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that lead us away from God and his Word into sin and unbelief (see Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29; John 3:36 and Matthew 15:3-9). Our words do not mean much in God's eyes. Only Gods Words are true and we should believe and follow them. According to Messiah (Jesus) the words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day (John 12:47-48).

Take care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said:
Please forgive me but I do not believe you. I prefer the scriptures you choose not to believe and obey which are Gods Words that are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. For me only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that lead us away from God and his Word into sin and unbelief (see Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29; John 3:36 and Matthew 15:3-9). Our words do not mean much in God's eyes. Only Gods Words are true and we should believe and follow them. According to Messiah (Jesus) the words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day (John 12:47-48).
Your response here.
Really? Please give me the chapter and verse from your Old Testament where it mentions any spiritual Israel as a replacement for the People of Israel.
Read the OP. It has never been about a single scripture from the old testament that mentions any spiritual Israel as a replacement for the nation of Israel. So please stop making arguments no one is arguing about. It is about the scriptures defining who Gods Israel is according in the new covenant. Also you might want to consider in these old testament scriptures all those who were born of the flesh and of the seed of Abraham that did not believe and obey Gods Word where cast out of the nation of Israel or killed which only supports what this OP is stating (see Joshua 23:15; Deuteronomy 28:1-48; Isaiah 1:18-20; Deut 17:1-5; 15; Exodus 21:15-17; Lev 24:16-17; Numbers 35:31-33; Lev 20:10; Joshua 7:21-25). You have already been shown scripture showing that Gods Israel in the old testament in this OP was only a name given by God to all those who believe and obey Gods Word in fulfillment of the promise to Abraham who believed and obeyed what Gods Word says. This was because it is written in the Torah in Genesis 26:5 5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

According to the new covenant scriptures, Gods Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those Jews and Gentile believers who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith in Gods Word (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) who are all now one in Christ who have accepted Jesus as Gods promised Messiah. Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow Gods Word and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11). Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). If we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant promise with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27).

According to the scriptures though 'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), and the unbelieving branches are cut down and ready to be thrown into the fire (Romans 11:13-26) to perish forever more. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with Gods true “Israel” defined in the scriptures as all those who through faith have accepted the Messiah in Jesus and choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Even in Jesus day the Jews tried to argue they were Gods people because they were born of the see of Abraham. Jesus responded by saying to them "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham" (John 8:39) while all this time they were seeking to find excuses to kill their own Messiah for telling them the truth. Jesus called them of their father the devil because these unbelieving Jesus did not believe Gods Word (John 8:37-46). Wake up dear friend Messiah has already come. Repent of your unbelief and turn to God while you still have time. Tomorrow might be too late. As already shown in this OP we are only Gods people as we believe and follow Gods Word in both the old and new testament scriptures.

Take Care.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Your response here.

Read the OP. It has never been about a single scripture from the old testament that mentions any spiritual Israel as a replacement for the nation of Israel. So please stop making arguments no one is arguing about. It is about the scriptures defining who Gods Israel is according in the new covenant. Also you might want to consider in these old testament scriptures all those who were born of the flesh and of the seed of Abraham that did not believe and obey Gods Word where cast out of the nation of Israel or killed which only supports what this OP is stating (see Joshua 23:15; Deuteronomy 28:1-48; Isaiah 1:18-20; Deut 17:1-5; 15; Exodus 21:15-17; Lev 24:16-17; Numbers 35:31-33; Lev 20:10; Joshua 7:21-25). You have already been shown scripture showing that Gods Israel in the old testament in this OP was only a name given by God to all those who believe and obey Gods Word in fulfillment of the promise to Abraham who believed and obeyed what Gods Word says. This was because it is written in the Torah in Genesis 26:5 5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

According to the new covenant scriptures, Gods Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those Jews and Gentile believers who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith in Gods Word (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) who are all now one in Christ who have accepted Jesus as Gods promised Messiah. Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow Gods Word and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11). Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). If we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant promise with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27).

According to the scriptures though 'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), and the unbelieving branches are cut down and ready to be thrown into the fire (Romans 11:13-26) to perish forever more. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with Gods true “Israel” defined in the scriptures as all those who through faith have accepted the Messiah in Jesus and choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Even in Jesus day the Jews tried to argue they were Gods people because they were born of the see of Abraham. Jesus responded by saying to them "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham" (John 8:39) while all this time they were seeking to find excuses to kill their own Messiah for telling them the truth. Jesus called them of their father the devil because these unbelieving Jesus did not believe Gods Word (John 8:37-46). Wake up dear friend Messiah has already come. Repent of your unbelief and turn to God while you still have time. Tomorrow might be too late. As already shown in this OP we are only Gods people as we believe and follow Gods Word in both the old and new testament scriptures.

Take Care.
You wrote a novel length post. I've told you before. I do not read long posts.

I made a very simple request:
Really? Please give me the chapter and verse from your Old Testament where it mentions any spiritual Israel as a replacement for the People of Israel.
All I want from you in response si the name of a book of the bible, with a chapter and verse, that meets that request. If you send me paragraphs, I am simply not going to read them.

Ebionite

According to the new covenant scriptures, Gods Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29)
Pauline doctrine isn't "new covenant scripture". Paul's role was to make the name known, not to be a minister or a witness.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
Acts 9:15-16

3rdAngel

Pauline doctrine isn't "new covenant scripture". Paul's role was to make the name known, not to be a minister or a witness. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
Acts 9:15-16
No one said Paul's writings alone were new covenant scriptures. However, they are indeed a part of the new covenant scripture and are included in the new testament. Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ and sent by God according to the scriptures and as Jesus said in the scriptures you quoted "a chosen vessel" to bear Gods name before the gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Ebionite

*Mod edit*
@3rdAngel
"God's word" is spoken, not written.

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith YHWH; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith YHWH, from henceforth and for ever.
Isaiah 59:21

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdAngel

"God's word" is spoken, not written. As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith YHWH; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith YHWH, from henceforth and for ever.
Isaiah 59:21
According to the scriptures, Gods Word is both spoken and recorded as scripture which is God breathed and inspired by God through His Spirit which is why it is written in the words of Jesus quoting Deuteronomy 8:3 in Matthew 4:4 "Man does not live by bread alone but by every words that proceeds out of the mouth of God and again in 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God (Gods Spirit), and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. The scripture that you quote from Isaiah 59:21 only supports what I have posted to you here.

Take Care.

InChrist

Free4ever
There are many contradictions, including this idea that exists only in the NT that there is a spiritual Israel.
Actually, I don’t think the NT promotes the idea of a spiritual Israel, although many Christians do who espouse replacement theology and who do not rightly divide the word of God.
According to the scriptures, Israel is always Israel; literal Israel.