• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

3rdAngel

Thus, they cannot be precisely the same. "Essence" takes care of this problem, and we well know it was used to formulate the Trinitarian concept. IOW, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are of the "essence" of God.
They are not the same. No one said they were. :shrug:

Sargonski

According to the scriptures, it is written "Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed." and again "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Do you know what these scriptures mean? I am guessing not.

None of the scripture you posted has anything to do with your unsupported and frankly - outside of the ballpark - claim that Abraham addressed his God as Jesus .. Yeshua .. Joshua .. what ever tickles fancy

Now -- every hypothesis deserves to be heard .. and how you came to this conclusion I would like to hear .. but since we are quoting scripture .. let us quote something that .. in some way .. help us to see that your conjecture is true or false.

"Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchi-Zedek."

What was it you said .. "Do you know what these scriptures mean ? I am guessing not" .. .. Well and in fact you have proven not .. not understanding that according to holy God Breathed Scripture .. Jesus is a "High Priest" forever in the order of Melchi-Zedek.

and there is your link to Abraham ..t one you completely did not know about your God .. ..but no worries .. you can thank me later.

A High Priest .. in the Order of Melchi-Zedek doth imply divinity friend .. but not equal the Supreme One .. turns out don't know as much about your God as you thunk .. or are you just chiding and are going to explain the Divine nature of a high priest in the order of MelChi-Zedek

I will give you a futher hint .. and tell you that king David is also a high priest in this order ,, Who does the Bible say the name of the God of Abe is .. who is the God of the High Priest .. to which Abe submits and tithes .. sealing a trust breaking bread and drinking wine ... .Oh . Oh ..Oh .. does something ring that bell bell bell .. where have we heard this ritual before ..

The name Abe Calls God is not HeyZeus friend .. Jah Rastafa neither .. albeit you claim these be of the many names of God

Strike 1 - The name by Abe and Brother Melchi-Zedek know their God is not Jesus

Batter up : ) how about you start with what modern theological scholarship has to say on the issue .. that might get you to first base .. nothing complicated .. what you are going to find in publications like Encyclopedia Brittanica .. What do they figure is the name of the God of Abraham ..

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: According to the scriptures, it is written "Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed." and again "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Do you know what these scriptures mean? I am guessing not
Your response here..
None of the scripture you posted has anything to do with your unsupported and frankly - outside of the ballpark - claim that Abraham addressed his God as Jesus .. Yeshua .. Joshua .. what ever tickles fancy

Now -- every hypothesis deserves to be heard .. and how you came to this conclusion I would like to hear .. but since we are quoting scripture .. let us quote something that .. in some way .. help us to see that your conjecture is true or false.

"Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchi-Zedek."

What was it you said .. "Do you know what these scriptures mean ? I am guessing not" .. .. Well and in fact you have proven not .. not understanding that according to holy God Breathed Scripture .. Jesus is a "High Priest" forever in the order of Melchi-Zedek.

and there is your link to Abraham ..t one you completely did not know about your God .. ..but no worries .. you can thank me later.

A High Priest .. in the Order of Melchi-Zedek doth imply divinity friend .. but not equal the Supreme One .. turns out don't know as much about your God as you thunk .. or are you just chiding and are going to explain the Divine nature of a high priest in the order of MelChi-Zedek

I will give you a futher hint .. and tell you that king David is also a high priest in this order ,, Who does the Bible say the name of the God of Abe is .. who is the God of the High Priest .. to which Abe submits and tithes .. sealing a trust breaking bread and drinking wine ... .Oh . Oh ..Oh .. does something ring that bell bell bell .. where have we heard this ritual before ..

The name Abe Calls God is not HeyZeus friend .. Jah Rastafa neither .. albeit you claim these be of the many names of God

Strike 1 - The name by Abe and Brother Melchi-Zedek know their God is not Jesus

Batter up : ) how about you start with what modern theological scholarship has to say on the issue .. that might get you to first base .. nothing complicated .. what you are going to find in publications like Encyclopedia Brittanica .. What do they figure is the name of the God of Abraham ..
So I guessed right. You do not know what those scriptures mean right? As to your post here why pretend I have ever said things I have never said? Where did I ever post to you that Abraham called God Jesus and then spend all your time trying to make arguments no one has ever made? Is that not sin in Gods eyes?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It says there's ONE GOD and identifies that God as the Father. I trust there's no debate that God is the Father.
It identifies Jesus someone else, whose title is LORD.
Otherwise I suggest Paul would have written,"there is one God, the Father aka Lord Jesus Christ."
But very clearly he didn't.
KJV at Psalm 110 speaks of two (2) LORD/Lord's
Lord Jesus is Not the Upper-Case LORD
LORD God is Creator and Father - Rev. 4:11 - YHWH
Jesus is the Lord in some lower-case Letters.
The Tetragrammaton is Not applied to Lord Jesus.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What is the difference between the righteous and the wicked? (Malachi 3:18)
Seems as if the wicked do Not repent - 2nd Peter 3:9 - repent or perish ( be destroyed )
As far as the resurrection is concerned Acts 24:15 mentions a resurrection for both the righteous and unrighteous.
As to who is wicked God has the final say.
The wicked are: destroyed forever ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22 )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
thats a cracking post that. well done.
Yes, Jesus said he and his Father are one at John 10:30
At John 10:36 Jesus answers as to who he is at John 10:36 the Son of God.
Jesus prays that he and his followers be ONE just as he and his Father are ONE at John 17:11; 21-23
Jesus was Not praying they all become God, but be ONE in purpose, will, goal, faith, belief, unity, agreement........
At John 10:29 Jesus believed his Father is greater than all ( everyone )
And at John 14:28 Jesus says his Father is greater than him

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Genesis 24:3
3 And I will make thee swear by the Lord, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:

Elohim/God is The Elohim/God Of Heaven and The Elohim/God Of Earth.
Elohim/God is Flesh, Soul and Spirit. Elohim/God Is All Things That Exists. Elohim/God is Omni.
The Satan/Devil is Elohim/God in its Lowest Flesh Form. The Devil/Satan is Elohim/God Flesh.
Elohim is Not the Tetragrammaton YHWH for God's name - Psalm 83:18 KJV
Sinner Satan is the 'god' of this world of badness - 2nd Corinthians 4:4; Rev. 12:12,9

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
KJV at Psalm 110 speaks of two (2) LORD/Lord's
Lord Jesus is Not the Upper-Case LORD
LORD God is Creator and Father - Rev. 4:11 - YHWH
Jesus is the Lord in some lower-case Letters.
The Tetragrammaton is Not applied to Lord Jesus.
According to my reading of Psalm 110, as cross-checked with an informed commentary, The Lord there is the God of Israel, and My Lord is the king of Israel (not necessarily David though he's sometimes mentioned).

Sargonski

Your response here..

So I guessed right. You do not know what those scriptures mean right? As to your post here why pretend I have ever said things I have never said? Where did I ever post to you that Abraham called God Jesus and then spend all your time trying to make arguments no one has ever made? Is that not sin in Gods eyes?

It doesn't matter what the scripture you posted means as it was completely off topic .. a rabbit hole and deflection from stating the name of the God of Abraham .. something which is of critical importance in understanding who one's God is .. something you claim on the highest order but now pretending that you did not post that your God was the God of Abraham down to Israel .. followed by claiming the Name of your God was Jesus.. = the name of Abraham's God is Jesus.

Now .. is this deception .. in your words "not a sin in God's eyes" is this not a deflection from the light .. and the Truth ? I asked a simple question .. what is the name of your God .. and the God referred to in the OP "Gods True Israel in the new Covenant" - Which Covenant and with what God ? .. you have been bouncing around avoiding response to the topic for 10 posts now.

In order to progress in the topic we must identify which God is being referred to .. a simple clarification question ... required to answer the question coherently .. Who is the True God of Israel ? .. and which old covenant is being substituted with the New .. what is the name of that God .. and the name of the God of the New Covenant ..

Now quit answering a clarification question with a question .. having nothing to do with the Topic .. or what is being discussed and posting unrelated scripture .. and explain what God(s) you are referring to be it one or twenty .. by telling us the name of that God .. and who is the God of Jesus ... the God of the Order Zedek ? .. and the High Priests forever in the Order of Melchi-Zedek ?

3rdAngel

It doesn't matter what the scripture you posted means as it was completely off topic .. a rabbit hole and deflection from stating the name of the God of Abraham .. something which is of critical importance in understanding who one's God is .. something you claim on the highest order but now pretending that you did not post that your God was the God of Abraham down to Israel .. followed by claiming the Name of your God was Jesus.. = the name of Abraham's God is Jesus.

Now .. is this deception .. in your words "not a sin in God's eyes" is this not a deflection from the light .. and the Truth ? I asked a simple question .. what is the name of your God .. and the God referred to in the OP "Gods True Israel in the new Covenant" - Which Covenant and with what God ? .. you have been bouncing around avoiding response to the topic for 10 posts now.

In order to progress in the topic we must identify which God is being referred to .. a simple clarification question ... required to answer the question coherently .. Who is the True God of Israel ? .. and which old covenant is being substituted with the New .. what is the name of that God .. and the name of the God of the New Covenant ..

Now quit answering a clarification question with a question .. having nothing to do with the Topic .. or what is being discussed and posting unrelated scripture .. and explain what God(s) you are referring to be it one or twenty .. by telling us the name of that God .. and who is the God of Jesus ... the God of the Order Zedek ? .. and the High Priests forever in the Order of Melchi-Zedek ?
Please forgive me but I do not believe you. I am not really interested in talking to people pretending I have said things I have never said then building arguments to waste time. The topic of this OP is "WHO ARE GODS PEOPLE IN THE NEW COVENANT?" Do you have anything you would like to contribute? I am guessing not.

Last edited:

Sargonski

Please forgive me but I do not believe you. I am not really interested in talking to people pretending I have said things I have never said then building arguments to waste time. The topic of this OP is "WHO ARE GODS PEOPLE IN THE NEW COVENANT?" Do you have anything you would like to contribute? I am guessing not.

You are forgiven for your falsehood .. but it is you who is pretending .. Did you not say that your God was the God of Abraham Issac Jacob Israel ? it was awhile back I know .. but I can go find it if you can't remember ?

It is you who is wasting time ... I have been asking for 10 posts now for you to clarify which God(s) you are talking about .. which "Gods People" ? and which old Covenant from which God .. is being rejected for the New.

You have been avoiding this clarification for 10 posts .. What are the names of these Gods you are referring to .. God of the Old Covenants .. and God of the New ?

Elihoenai

Elohim is Not the Tetragrammaton YHWH for God's name - Psalm 83:18 KJV
Sinner Satan is the 'god' of this world of badness - 2nd Corinthians 4:4; Rev. 12:12,9
What is your Religion? Your profile does not state your Religion or Non-Religion.

Why do you remove the line spaces from my posts? I work in the IT Profession and in this Profession it's a Rule to put plenty of White Space between text to make it easier to read for colleagues and customers.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Seems as if the wicked do Not repent - 2nd Peter 3:9 - repent or perish ( be destroyed )
As far as the resurrection is concerned Acts 24:15 mentions a resurrection for both the righteous and unrighteous.
As to who is wicked God has the final say.
The wicked are: destroyed forever ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22 )
I wouldn't put too much reliance on 2 Peter 3:9, supposedly written by some unknown author, under the pretext of being Peter, who represents the fulfillment of Zechariah 11:17, in which Peter is the "worthless shepherd". Plus, none of your quotes defines the difference between righteous and the wicked. As for the "day of the LORD", all are not "destroyed", but there will be those who "escape"/"survive (Joel 2:31-32). As for the judgment of the LORD, the LORD will judge between the sheep and the goats (Ezekiel 34), and then put the sheep under David as their only shepherd, after destroying the "fat" shepherds (Ezekiel 34:16). The judgment day comes when the nations/Gentiles are brought against Jerusalem (Zech 14 & Rev 16 & Jeremiah 30:11 *& Rev 19:15), and the nations will be "destroyed"/"smited", and any survivors/"strangers", and "strangers" shall serve Jacob (Isaiah 14:1-2). After the "Day of the LORD", the day of judgment, there will be a period of a millennium, in which the righteous will reign on earth. (Rev 20:4).

3rdAngel

You are forgiven for your falsehood .. but it is you who is pretending .. Did you not say that your God was the God of Abraham Issac Jacob Israel ? it was awhile back I know .. but I can go find it if you can't remember ?
I did not make any falsehoods. Perhaps that is something you are perpetuating. I did indeed say my God is the God of all creation and the same God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Israel. What has that got to do with this OP which is over the question, WHO ARE GODS TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?" Absolutely nothing. Do you have anything to contribute to this OP. I am guessing not.
It is you who is wasting time ... I have been asking for 10 posts now for you to clarify which God(s) you are talking about .. which "Gods People" ? and which old Covenant from which God .. is being rejected for the New. You have been avoiding this clarification for 10 posts .. What are the names of these Gods you are referring to .. God of the Old Covenants .. and God of the New ?
See the previous section of this post. It is you who is wasting time this OP is over the question, WHO ARE GODS TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT? If you want to talk about the name of God make your own OP and send me a link and I will post in it. Your post here only tells me you did not even bother to read the OP.

2ndpillar

According to the scriptures a teaching of lawlessness is indeed a teaching of the devil (1 John 2:3-4). Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking Gods law and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; John 3:36; Romans 14:23). There are however unstable people that twist the scriptures to their own destruction (2 Timothy 4:3-4; 2 Peter 3:16). That does not make the Apostle Paul's teachings not true because he does not teach lawlessness. You do indeed err not knowing the scriptures or what they mean and these scripture are fulfilled in your ears.
Paul's message was the gospel of grace/cross, in which the law was nailed to a cross, and as such he now is ruled by the evil within him (Romans 7), such as I didn't do it, the devil inside me did it, and by his concept, he can sin with his flesh, yet is somehow be free by serving his mental manipulation of his own mental law, and somehow "Jesus Christ" is good with this hypocrisy, when Yeshua preached against the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. I don't know, I think the rain, wind, and flood is here, and the sand foundation of your church will not hold up (Mt 7:27). Your "these scriptures" are the message of the false prophet Paul, and an unknown writer, writing under the name of the "worthless shepherd"/Peter (Zech 11:17). Depending on those two characters seems a disastrous choice, probably based on an indoctrination from youth. To find the "kingdom" one must seek it, and not kneel to false prophets and their comrades.

AdamjEdgar

Yes, Jesus said he and his Father are one at John 10:30
At John 10:36 Jesus answers as to who he is at John 10:36 the Son of God.
Jesus prays that he and his followers be ONE just as he and his Father are ONE at John 17:11; 21-23
Jesus was Not praying they all become God, but be ONE in purpose, will, goal, faith, belief, unity, agreement........
At John 10:29 Jesus believed his Father is greater than all ( everyone )
And at John 14:28 Jesus says his Father is greater than him
Again, you misunderstand the dual nature of Christ as prophesied (Isaiah 52:13-15) and which is highlighted again by the apostle Paul in Phillipians 2:6-8.
6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,a
7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness.​
8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.​
You are quoting text about the Son of Man and using those to claim Christ (God) is subserviant to God. That is simply poor theology. Even Christ calls Himself "Son of man". However, lets not forget, Isaiah also prophesied that God Himself would come die for His creation...

Isaiah 9:6&7

6For unto us a child is born,

unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders.

And He will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish and sustain it with justice and righteousness from that time and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will accomplish this.

So now let me ask you...who was it that died for the sins of mankind, a man born of fallen corrupted humanity, or God?

And whilst you are contemplating my question above, also ask yourself...what was the charge Satan made against God in heaven? Wasnt it along the lines of God is self serving, selfish, and doesnt care?

If the charge satan made against God is to be tested on this earth, how does a selfish God answer that charge with integrity by creating somone else to die for the sins of humanity? How does that prove God is loving, all caring, or even innocent exactly?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Paul's message was the gospel of grace/cross, in which the law was nailed to a cross, and as such he now is ruled by the evil within him (Romans 7), such as I didn't do it, the devil inside me did it, and by his concept, he can sin with his flesh, yet is somehow be free by serving his mental manipulation of his own mental law, and somehow "Jesus Christ" is good with this hypocrisy, when Yeshua preached against the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. I don't know, I think the rain, wind, and flood is here, and the sand foundation of your church will not hold up (Mt 7:27). Your "these scriptures" are the message of the false prophet Paul, and an unknown writer, writing under the name of the "worthless shepherd"/Peter (Zech 11:17). Depending on those two characters seems a disastrous choice, probably based on an indoctrination from youth. To find the "kingdom" one must seek it, and not kneel to false prophets and their comrades.
That is not true at all. That is only you false interpretation of the scriptures. Paul did not teach anywhere that the law was nailed to the cross. It was our punishment of sin that was nailed to the cross not the law. Jesus died for our sins. There is no where in the scriptures that teach the law was nailed to the cross. I suggest you read Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31. Paul was never teaching disobedience to the law but obedience to the law through faith in Gods Word.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to my reading of Psalm 110, as cross-checked with an informed commentary, The Lord there is the God of Israel, and My Lord is the king of Israel (not necessarily David though he's sometimes mentioned).
Thank you for your reply. I can agree the KJV LORD is the God of Israel.
On the other hand (Psalm 110:4) about Melchizedek does Not apply to King David.
The King will govern over all of the Earth - Psalm 2:6-8
Melchizedek served as both King and Priest - Genesis 14:17-20
To me then it is Messiah who sits at God's right hand - Psalm 110:1-4
David will be Prince - Ezekiel 34:24

2ndpillar

That is not true at all. That is only you false interpretation of the scriptures. Paul did not teach anywhere that the law was nailed to the cross. It was our punishment of sin that was nailed to the cross not the law. Jesus died for our sins. There is no where in the scriptures that teach the law was nailed to the cross. I suggest you read Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31. Paul was never teaching disobedience to the law but obedience to the law through faith in Gods Word.
King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Paul thought he was above the law prohibiting eating meat sacrificed to idols because of his faith.

If your sins were gone, you would be free of disease and not die. You remain a captive of the plagues of Babylon (Rev 18:4) and like everybody, are going to die. As for Paul's writings, he was a slave to sin and the evil within him (Romans 7:19-24).

The "new covenant" with the house of Judah and the house of Israel, via Jeremiah 31:31-33 was that no one would have to teach about the LORD for they would all know him. That is not the case with respect to today's world. That happens when the LORD gives Israel, the combined Judah and Ephraim/Israel (Ez 37), a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 36) and settles them on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ez 36 & 37). That remains behind the door.