• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

Sargonski

My God is the creator of heaven and earth and has many names.... Do you not know Him? My God though does not sound the same as your god. Perhaps yours is a different god to the God of the bible?

I am certain my Biblical God is different than yours .. on that much we concur.. Which God is the Creator of Heaven ? on this we may not.

What is the name of the God who Created earth and "Heavens" meaning solar system .. the two lights separating day and night .. Call this one the God of Noah :)

Enlil (EL, Illil ) is said to have sent the great flood .. Enki warning the Earthling but --- it is not them who are there "In The Beginning" .. when the Chaos separated from the order .. the bitter water from the Sweet .. The Twin Primordial Gods .. represented in Genesis.

Tiamat is the name of one .. and the Snake in the Garden perhaps ... the name of the other Escapes me .. who be that God in the Garden .. Your God .. .. and the name of your God in this story is what ?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would appreciate it if you did not micro-quote me.
I would appreciate it if you explain how Paul's statement, which I quoted, is NOT a claim in the NT that Jesus is NOT God.

And then you can give your explanation about how the other NT passages I quoted are NOT claims that Jesus is NOT God.

So far you have produced zero instances from the NT of Jesus saying "I am God". If you have any, please quote them. If you do not, please say, "I do not have any such instances."

The issue here is what scripture actually says, as distinct from what you're asserting that it says, positively and negatively.

And ─ please correct me if I'm wrong ─ truth, directness and honesty are values esteemed by Christians. They're certainly values esteemed by humanists.

2ndpillar

Thanks for your response. Sorry for the slow reply. Do you have a Levite Priest and a temple and practice animal sacrifices and sin offerings every time you commit a sin? Do you know what the old covenant laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings and circumcision represent in the new covenant?
Circumcision is the covenant made with Abraham. Abraham means the father of the peoples/nations, which include Esau/Edom, and Ishmael. The covenant of Abraham included his slaves, and was made before the time of Moses, the Law, or the house of Israel, which included the 10 northern tribes separated from the house of Judah, which happened after the rule of Solomon. It was the false prophet Paul, named "Favor, because of his false gospel of grace, who endeavored to undo the "covenant made with all the people" (Zech 11:10), which is circumcision, which was the flesh image of the circumcision of the heart, which hasn't happened at this point in time with respect to the house of Israel/Ephraim, or the house of Judah, in which Israel hasn't been "gathered" from among the nations/Gentiles (Ezekiel 36) nor joined with Judah (house of Judah) on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ezekiel 37) and given a new heart and spirit, and keep all the statutes (Ez 36:26-29 & 37). As for the "priests" (Levi) they will first have to be "purified" so that they can present offerings as in former times (Malachi 3:3-4 & Zech 14). As for the Temple, all the arrangements have been prepared, down to the red heifers. As for the Palestinians, who claim nominal control the temple mount, they come from the land given to Edom, southern Jordan, and are indeed of Esau and not Ishmael. As for Esau/Edom, he is on the way out (Malachi 1:4 & Obadiah). Petra, the real birthplace of Islam and the Kaaba, the place of idols, it was part of the land given to Esau, Edom. As for the Palestinians, the land of Judea was swept clean of Jews during the time of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and he renamed the land as Palestine because the land previously was ruled by the Philistines, who were actually seafarers from the area of Crete.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And before we resume, you still haven't made any attempt to explain Paul's statement in 1 Corinthians 8:6.
yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist..................................​
In the ^above ^ verse I'd like to stress the word 'and' because ' and ' is a conjunction between two persons.
God, the Father, ' and ' one Lord, Jesus Christ. See also 1st Corinthians 8:4 B; Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:32

KJV at Psalm 110 uses all Upper-Case letters for LORD God (YHWH) and for Lord Jesus ( Lord in some lower-case letters ) to show there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the ^above ^ verse I'd like to stress the word 'and' because ' and ' is a conjunction between two persons.
God, the Father, ' and ' one Lord, Jesus Christ. See also 1st Corinthians 8:4 B; Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:32

KJV at Psalm 110 uses all Upper-Case letters for LORD God (YHWH) and for Lord Jesus ( Lord in some lower-case letters ) to show there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned
It says there's ONE GOD and identifies that God as the Father. I trust there's no debate that God is the Father.

It identifies Jesus someone else, whose title is LORD.

Otherwise I suggest Paul would have written,"there is one God, the Father aka Lord Jesus Christ."

But very clearly he didn't.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No such thing as spiritual Israel.
I think a lot of people might agree with you but national fleshly Israel with its temple and Mosaic Law sacrifices could Not wash away sins, Not fully remove sins.
So, that ancient pattern was just that: a pattern to follow. The reality of that ancient patten was not completed.
The High Priest had to offer animal sacrifices for not only the people but also for his own sins.
No High Priest could end sin even his own, so someone was needed who could replace animal sacrifices and also be someone who could be a permanent High Priest aka Jesus who would need no one to replace him as Messiah.
So, all the old sacrifices were pointing to the one sacrifice that would fully forgive sins and redeem us.
Otherwise, there would be No resurrection hope to either be resurrected to Heaven for some or resurrected on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It says there's ONE GOD and identifies that God as the Father. I trust there's no debate that God is the Father.
It identifies Jesus someone else, whose title is LORD.
Otherwise I suggest Paul would have written,"there is one God, the Father aka Lord Jesus Christ."
But very clearly he didn't.
Right, there is No debate that God is the Father (YHWH LORD KJV )
Jesus' title is 'Lord' ( Not in all capital letters ) as we can read at Psalm 110 about the two (2) LORD/Lord's

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My God is the creator of heaven and earth and has many names.... Do you not know Him? My God though does not sound the same as your god. Perhaps yours is a different god to the God of the bible?
..... and I find the God of Jesus is the Creator according to Jesus at Revelation 4:11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 33:1
33 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
Psalm 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Yes, most certainly Elohim/God is man. How do you Interpret Moses Being the "man of Elohim/God" and Psalms 82:6?
Psalm 82:6 is in the capacity of being a human judge - Exodus 4:16; Exodus 7:1
Those men were to use God's judgement to judge as to what was right or wrong - 2nd Chronicles 19:6
This is why Jesus made reference to them at John 10:34-35.
After all, Moses was to serve as God to Aaron besides Pharaoh - Exodus 4:16; 7:1 - but Not be LORD God YHWH.
Jesus answered truthfully as to who he is at John 10:36 the 'Son of God', Not saying Elohim/God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not concerned with anything the NT says. Christianity has no authority to decide what a Jew is or what Israel is.
From a fleshly-physical viewpoint fleshly-national Israel is the Israel of God as to what a Jew decides.
But for the followers of Jesus one is a Jew on the inside, a circumcision of the heart by spirit Not by the old Law.
in Jesus' day the scribes and Pharisees were playing false to that Law - Matthew 15:9; Romans 2:25-29

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I think a lot of people might agree with you but national fleshly Israel with its temple and Mosaic Law sacrifices could Not wash away sins,
Being "saved from our sins" is foreign to Judaism. For us, we simply obey God, not to gain heaven and avoid hell, but simply because God is the King of the Universe and worthy of our obedience. The standard for being righteous is not perfection, but being willing to repent. As Proverbs says, "The Righteous man falls seven times and rises back up again." IOW to understand Judaism, you have to view us without the usual Christian lens about being saved.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Being "saved from our sins" is foreign to Judaism. For us, we simply obey God, not to gain heaven and avoid hell, but simply because God is the King of the Universe and worthy of our obedience. The standard for being righteous is not perfection, but being willing to repent. As Proverbs says, "The Righteous man falls seven times and rises back up again." IOW to understand Judaism, you have to view us without the usual Christian lens about being saved.
Thank you for your reply.
The High Priest was making sacrifices for the forgiveness of sin.( including his )
Good point about being righteous as in being willing to repent ( and repenting of course )
What is the 'usual Christian lens' about being saved ?
'usual' to me means people believe in being saved to go to Heaven.
On the other hand, Jesus taught the meek would inherit the Earth from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
Since the humble meek will inherit the Earth, how ?
Being 'saved / delivered / rescued' from the wicked as taught at Isaiah 11:4.
As in Noah's Day once the violent were gone (Gen. 6:11) righteous mankind will be here.
- Psalm 37:38; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Psalm 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

InChrist

Free4ever
What was the purpose of and why did God require animal sacrifices, as recorded in Leviticus 4:35, 5:10, and 16?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......................... As Proverbs says, "The Righteous man falls seven times and rises back up again."......................
Yes, as Prov. 24:16 says 'the righteous may fall and he will get up again' because I find as Psalm 34:19 brings to our attention it is God who rescues the righteous ones in order for them to recover.
So, when a person takes pleasure in God's righteous ways then God guides his steps or supports him - Psalms 34:19; 37:23-24
God takes him by the hand, extends His hand, so to speak, so that he can get up again - Proverbs 11:5

2ndpillar

Yes, as Prov. 24:16 says 'the righteous may fall and he will get up again' because I find as Psalm 34:19 brings to our attention it is God who rescues the righteous ones in order for them to recover.
So, when a person takes pleasure in God's righteous ways then God guides his steps or supports him - Psalms 34:19; 37:23-24
God takes him by the hand, extends His hand, so to speak, so that he can get up again - Proverbs 11:5
What is the difference between the righteous and the wicked? (Malachi 3:18)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What was the purpose of and why did God require animal sacrifices, as recorded in Leviticus 4:35, 5:10, and 16?
The role of animal sacrifices was much more integrated into societies back in the Bronze Age and forward through the classical age till Constantine. In Paganism it made sure the villagers got some protein to eat every few weeks as the pious gentry afforded the beasts to those who conducted the ceremonies. I haven't made myself familiar with more than a quick outline of Jewish practice, which may have more to do with maintaining the priesthood, including the priesthood in their help of the poor, but I think others may be able to set out the details better than I can.

3rdAngel

I think you know the answer which is why you asked it to someone else that did not know why animal sacrifices were used in the earthly Sanctuary of the old covenant under the Levitical Priesthood. The laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings were to teach Gods people that only death could atone for sin (the wages of sin is death - Romans 6:23) and of Gods plan of salvation for His people. The whole system of the earthly Sanctuary including the animal sacrifices to atone for sin, and the Levitical Priesthood was to teach Gods people of the role of the Messiah as Gods sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all in Jesus (John 1:29; 36) and His role as our great High Priest, ministering on our behalf in the heavenly Sanctuary made without hands of which the earthly was only a copy in the new covenant which is based on better promises (see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22. Those who do not believe will not see this but I write this for those who have eyes to see.

God bless

2ndpillar

With respect to the future Israel, who has been "gathered" from the "nations" (Ezek 36:24), and brought back to the land I gave to Jacob/Israel, they will become "cleansed" with "clean water" (Ezek 36:25), and be given a new heart and a new spirit, paralleling Jeremiah 31: 31-34. The righteous man might "fall", but he started from a point of being "righteous", and if he doesn't repent, he will be destroyed. That is not the case for the "wicked" who actually need to repent. Apparently, a lot of Scripture is "foreign to Judaism, probably because the scribes have made a lie (Talmud) out of the Law" (Jerimiah 8:8).

Psalm 37:38 But the transgressors will all be destroyed

Ezekiel 18:…20The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21But if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22None of the transgressions he has committed will be held against him. Because of the righteousness he has practiced, he will live.…