• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

Elihoenai

Romans 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

There is Spiritual Israel and Fleshly Israel. Elohim/God teaches In the Holy Scriptures/Bible Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge concerning the Identity of Israel. Elohim's/God's Esoteric Knowledge Produces Spiritual Israel and Elohim's/God's Exoteric Knowledge Produces Fleshly Israel. This is the Inward Jew and Outward Jew that Paul the Apostle Servant of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ teaches.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Romans 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

There is Spiritual Israel and Fleshly Israel. Elohim/God teaches In the Holy Scriptures/Bible Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge concerning the Identity of Israel. Elohim's/God's Esoteric Knowledge Produces Spiritual Israel and Elohim's/God's Exoteric Knowledge Produces Fleshly Israel. This is the Inward Jew and Outward Jew that Paul the Apostle Servant of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ teaches.
Sorry, dude, but I'm not seeing any line of reasoning towards a point. Your scriptures seem to be completely random. What's more, I asked you to clarify why you posted one particular scripture, and your response was only to post some other random scripture. You seem to be unable to have a conversation, so I'm moving on. Be well.

3rdAngel

There is nothing in teh New Covenant Jeremiah speaks of that changes who the People of Israel are.
Well that is not true.. see the scriptures already posted in post # 1 linked; post # 3 linked; post #4 linked. You simply choose to ignored them. If you disagree please provide a detailed scriptural response to the three linked posts and the scriptures provided in them that outline who Gods Israel is in the new covenant that are in disagreement with you.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That is Critical and Profound question. In Christendom, Circumcision, Animal Sacrifice and Sin Offerings are Rejected by 2.2 Billion Christians. All the Laws of Moses are Required for Salvation. The Ten Commandments are not Separate from Circumcision, Animal Sacrifice and Sin Offerings. In Christian Gnosticism the Law is Spiritual.
Thanks for your response. Sorry for the slow reply. Do you have a Levite Priest and a temple and practice animal sacrifices and sin offerings every time you commit a sin? Do you know what the old covenant laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings and circumcision represent in the new covenant?

Endure

So you admit you know absolutely nothing about the Bible, and cannot even look up a verse presented to you, and then you make this ignorant claim?
Christianity (including its new testament) has absolutely nothing to say about being a Jew,
That level of stubborn refusal to even consider FACTS deserves no further interaction.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Bible has been fully validated, many times over, by empirical and historical means.

Claiming that it hasn't is "childish" and deeply ignorant.
Maybe if you actually studied theology, you would know quite differently. Bye as I don't have time for such nonsense.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Bible has been fully validated, many times over, by empirical and historical means.
Only for those that believe by faith.

By definition oe what is "empirical" there is no empirical evidence to justify the claims of the Bible as literal history of the time. Yes there are some places people and events that have been confirmed by independent evidence as in archaeology, but most of the Bible lacks provenance of witnesses at the time the events took place.

The Pentateuch was compiled after ~600 BCE without any known scriptures before which couldocument the events by witnesses.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No it hasn't. If you are saying that some of the cities and people in it are historical, sure. Just like London exists in Harry Potter. The fact that Jericho is a real city is not evidence the Bible is historical, much less the word of God.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOW ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND OBEY GOD'S WORD!

According to the scriptures, the name "Israel" is only a name given by God to all those who choose to have faith in His Word. In the new covenant scriptures, I would like to pose that Gods true Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow what Gods Word says and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11) through faith in Gods Word. Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). According to the scriptures, if we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) but with believers regardless of their heritage.

According to the torah and new covenant scriptures the Messiah also represents God's true ISRAEL as an individual as it was applied to Jacob and as to those who also believe and follow God's Word. The Messiah (Jesus Christ) and his followers are Gods true Israel born of the Spirit of God, are the anti-type, the Israel in the flesh that is not the type as Jacob was or the nation of Israel born of the seen of Abraham. According to the scriptures, Jesus is Israel (Matthew 2:13-15, compare with Hosea 11:1; as are all his disciples all through time; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33), the true "overcomer" (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21), the real "Prince" with God (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5), being Lord over His own house, whose house are we (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33), who himself is the "elect" (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God find their realization (2 Corinthians 1:20). The promises made by God were all based upon condition (Exodus 19) see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 9:6-8; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33, 16:33, 17:12, 18:9, 21:5; 1 Corinthians 15:46; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 6:16; Hebrews 3:6, 8:8,10; Revelation 3:21

'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with the spiritual “Israel” (Jesus Christ, the "elect" of the Father; Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18-20), this “Judah” (Revelation 5:5) and His “house” (2 Corinthians 1:20 - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9) The new testament scriptures portray JESUS as the head and those who believe and follow his Word as the body *Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23; Colossians 1:18. God's ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow God's Word.

More to come later....
1. ORIGINS OF THE NAME ISRAEL IS OUTSIDE OF COVENANTS
2. GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT SCRIPTURES ARE NOW ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND OBEY GODS WORD
3. GENTILE BELIEVERS ARE NOW GRAFTED IN

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.
That's an essentially Christian view, and based on the NT accordingly.

It's my strongly held view that if you want to know what the God of the bible intends, then you need to find it in the Tanakh, since again in my view the NT is overloaded with self-justifying claims.

(For example, nowhere in the Tanakh is there a prophecy of Jesus. However, the authors of the NT are at pains to invent quite a few.)

3rdAngel

It's my strongly held view that if you want to know what the God of the bible intends, then you need to find it in the Tanakh, since again in my view the NT is overloaded with self-justifying claims.

(For example, nowhere in the Tanakh is there a prophecy of Jesus. However, the authors of the NT are at pains to invent quite a few.)
Hello @blü 2 long time no see. Its actually a biblical view that is proven in both the old and new testament scripture. Of course the covenants are both different. However, as shown on page one of this OP the scriptures teach in both the Tanakh and New testament scriptures that the name Israel is only a name given by God to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says. The name Israel has never been covenant dependent and Gods people have never been those in name only. That is what the scriptures teach. Nothing personal but as to your claim that there is no where in the old testament scriptures teaching of the prophecies of Jesus is simply a statement of ignorance and nonsense repeated by unbelievers that do not know God or believe His Word. So please forgive me if I do not believe you.

Last edited:

Endure

Only for those that believe by faith.

By definition oe what is "empirical" there is no empirical evidence to justify the claims of the Bible as literal history of the time. Yes there are some places people and events that have been confirmed by independent evidence as in archaeology, but most of the Bible lacks provenance of witnesses at the time the events took place.

The Pentateuch was compiled after ~600 BCE without any known scriptures before which couldocument the events by witnesses.
More ignorance and delusional denial of plain facts.

Endure

Judaism arguing with Christianity about Truth is a fool's errand.

They are polar opposite religions.

Christianity is a religion of followers of Christ.

Judaism does not accept/embrace Christ in the least and they even make laws against any utterance of His Holy Name.

True Israel are a Spiritual Race and they're most certainly not all gathered in one location upon the Earth.

They are those who worship God in spirit and in Truth. That means they are True Christians only.