• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

3rdAngel

What is your actual scientific evidence to support your claim that you meet your god daily and have face to face discussions about your personal subjective biblical interpretations? Have you any selfies together, and if so, can you post them?
What is your scientific evidence that I do not meet with God everyday as I seek to know Him through His Word and come to Him in prayer? Are you trying to say now because you cannot see God you do not believe in God? Yet for those who know God your post is foolishness in Gods eyes.

Monty

According to the scripture the wages of sin is death. Gods salvation is conditional on us believing and obeying what His Word says.
And as you well know the commandments and OT laws are just man made since they did not apply to Abraham et al and their ancestors. which is why it wasn't morally wrong for Cainan to kill his brother Abel, or for Noah's father to kill a young man (Gen 4), or for Noah and abraham to have sex with their sisters, or for Abraham's nephew to sexually assault his daughters.

3rdAngel

And as you well know the commandments and OT laws are just man made since they did not apply to Abraham et al and their ancestors. which is why it wasn't morally wrong for Cainan to kill his brother Abel, or for Noah's father to kill a young man (Gen 4), or for Noah and abraham to have sex with their sisters, or for Abraham's nephew to sexually assault his daughters.
Well that is not true either. According to the scriptures, before the written Word of God was the spoken Word of God. According to the scriptures Gods people have always had Gods laws through the spoken Word of God handed down through the generations to the parents children. See Genesis 26:5 5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. Just because many did not believe and follow Gods Word and laws does not mean they did not exist. Most of the posts from you seem to always seek to justify sin and unbelief in Gods Word. I wonder what side you are on.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
That's because the term "rotting thighs" is just an archaic term describing pregnancy abortions
ROFL I'm sorry to laugh, but when you just make up stuff like that out of whole cloth, it becomes increasingly obvious that there is no hope of having a rational conversation with you. I'm going to move on. You can have the last word. :)

Bthoth

*banned*
I see now you do not know God or believe in the God of the bible. What do you believe in?
Always remember, god did not write bible, people did!

Believing in god is accepting personal responsibility over religion and beliefs of compliance to church requirements.

3rdAngel

Always remember, god did not write bible, people did! Believing in god is accepting personal responsibility over religion and beliefs of compliance to church requirements.
According to the scriptures it is written in 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." God inspired holy men to write His Word for all mankind. The Greek word θεόπνευστος translated as "inspired" or "inspiration" means "God breathed". Therefore according to the scriptures even though God did not directly write the scriptures in the bible. The scriptures in the bible are still His inspired words given as a gift to all mankind. You would be mistaken if you think that the bible is just another man-made book. It is Gods inspired Word given to all mankind.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Monty

What is your scientific evidence that I do not meet with God everyday as I seek to know Him through His Word and come to Him in prayer? Are you trying to say now because you cannot see God you do not believe in God? Yet for those who know God your post is foolishness in Gods eyes.
Does your god have brown eyes or blue eyes?

Monty

Well that is not true either. According to the scriptures, before the written Word of God was the spoken Word of God. According to the scriptures Gods people have always had Gods laws through the spoken Word of God handed down through the generations to the parents children. See Genesis 26:5 5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. Just because many did not believe and follow Gods Word and laws does not mean they did not exist. Most of the posts from you seem to always seek to justify sin and unbelief in Gods Word. I wonder what side you are on.
That's untrue and just words in a book. The ten commandments etc are obviously just man made since they didn't apply to Abraham and his ancestors.
Which is why was it was OK for Cainan to kill his brother, given that his god even protected him from retribution when he moved to Nod and shacked up with one of the Nod girls (Gen 4), and why it was OK for Abraham to butcher and cook his son as a sacrificial meal for his god even though he subsequently butchered an old ram instead as a meal for his god.
And why it was OK for Abraham and Noah to shack up with their sisters and for Abraham's nephew to sexually assault his daughters.

Last edited:

Monty

ROFL I'm sorry to laugh, but when you just make up stuff like that out of whole cloth, it becomes increasingly obvious that there is no hope of having a rational conversation with you. I'm going to move on. You can have the last word. :)
That's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, and just think Numbers 5:22 & 5:27 is only about sore thighs and upset stomachs.

But even if the "bitter water" abortifacient is ineffective, a pregnant adulteresses' pregnancy will still be aborted when she is then executed and says "so be it, so be it" (Lev 20:10). ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: What is your scientific evidence that I do not meet with God everyday as I seek to know Him through His Word and come to Him in prayer? Are you trying to say now because you cannot see God you do not believe in God? Yet for those who know God your post is foolishness in Gods eyes.
Your response here...
Does your god have brown eyes or blue eyes?
So I guess that is a no you cannot prove anything you say.

3rdAngel

That's untrue and just words in a book. The ten commandments etc are obviously just man made since they didn't apply to Abraham and his ancestors.
Which is why was it was OK for Cainan to kill his brother, given that his god even protected him from retribution when he moved to Nod and shacked up with one of the Nod girls (Gen 4), and why it was OK for Abraham to butcher and cook his son as a sacrificial meal for his god even though he subsequently butchered an old ram instead as a meal for his god.
And why it was OK for Abraham and Noah to shack up with their sisters and for Abraham's nephew to sexually assault his daughters.
Then we have Gods Word again, that disagrees with your words that are not Gods Word but your words...

EXODUS 20:1-17
1, AND GOD SPOKE ALL THESE WORDS SAYING,
2, I am the LORD your God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3, You shall have no other gods before me.
4, You shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5, You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6, And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7, You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates:
11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12, Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
13, You shall not kill.
14, You shall not commit adultery.
15, You shall not steal.
16, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17, You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is your neighbor's.

1. Abraham knew Gods law and commandments before Sinai

GENESIS 26:5
5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

As posted earlier according to the scriptures, before the written Word of God was the spoken Word of God. According to the scriptures Gods people have always had Gods laws through the spoken Word of God handed down through the generations to the parents children.

According to the scriptures Gods law gives us the knowledge of what SIN is when it is broken. SIN is defined in the scriptures as breaking Gods law and not believing and obeying Gods Word (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7). Without Gods law there is no knowledge of what SIN is.

2. CAIN knew what SIN was (transgression of the law and not believing and obeying Gods Word)

GENESIS 4:7
7, If you do well, shall you not be accepted? and if you do not well, SIN LIES AT THE DOOR. And to you shall be his desire, and you shall rule over him

3. The inhabitants of Sodom understood what SIN was (broke Gods law)

GENESIS 18:20
20, And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because THEIR SIN IS VERY GRIEVOUS.

4. Joseph knew that adultery was SIN

GENESIS 39:7-9
7, And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes on Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8, But he refused, and said to his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand;
9, There is none greater in this house than I; neither has he kept back any thing from me but you, because you are his wife: HOW THEN CAN I DO THIS GREAT WICKEDNESS AND SIN AGAINST GOD?

You do err not knowing Gods Word while making excuses for sin and unbelief.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Monty

Then we have Gods Word again, that disagrees with your words that are not Gods Word but your words...

EXODUS 20:1-17
1, AND GOD SPOKE ALL THESE WORDS SAYING,
2, I am the LORD your God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3, You shall have no other gods before me.
4, You shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5, You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6, And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7, You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates:
11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12, Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
13, You shall not kill.
14, You shall not commit adultery.
15, You shall not steal.
16, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17, You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is your neighbor's.

GENESIS 26:5
5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

As posted earlier according to the scriptures, before the written Word of God was the spoken Word of God. According to the scriptures Gods people have always had Gods laws through the spoken Word of God handed down through the generations to the parents children. Through the law is the knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7). Without Gods law there is no knowledge of what sin is.

Take Care.
Just words in a book.
IOW the ten commandments are just man-made since they did not apply to Abraham et al and their ancestors, nor to our aborigines who arrived here over 50,000 years before Adam's grandmother was a girl.

3rdAngel

Just words in a book.
Yes I believe for you that is all they are. That is why you do not know God or His Word and according to the scriptures are why you are still in your sins and unbelief (see 1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23). Does this not worry you? It should.

Monty

Yes I believe for you that is all they are. That is why you do not know God or His Word and according to the scriptures are why you are still in your sins and unbelief (see 1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23). Does this not worry you? It should.
Just words in a book. If you believe otherwise then why didn't Exodus 20:13 apply to Cainan when he killed his brother and to Noah's father when he killed a young man (Gen 4), and when Abraham was commanded to butcher and cook his son as a sacrificial meal for his god?

3rdAngel

So what colour are your god's eyes and have you taken a selfie together when you meet each day?
It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those saying they see do not see. Those saying they hear do not hear and those saying they walk do not walk. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning. Do you?

3rdAngel

Just words in a book. If you believe otherwise then why didn't Exodus 20:13 apply to Cainan when he killed his brother and to Noah's father when he killed a young man (Gen 4), and when Abraham was commanded to butcher and cook his son as a sacrificial meal for his god?
Yes I believe for you that is all they are. That is why you do not know God or His Word and according to the scriptures are why you are still in your sins and unbelief (see 1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23). Does this not worry you? It should. Already answered in post # 411 linked. It did apply to Cain. He sinned by killing his brother and knew what sin was (see Genesis 4:7) and received Gods judgement for his sin (Genesis 4:8-13).

Monty

It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those saying they see do not see. Those saying they hear do not hear and those saying they walk do not walk. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning. Do you?
Can you post a photo of your god when you meet daily?

3rdAngel

Can you post a photo of your god when you meet daily?
The light shines in darkness; but the darkness does not understand. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word?