• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Is God?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I said your perception was skewed it seemed you were trying to make God having a wife fit, I shouldn't have read into it. I'm sorry. The term for God or god or gods is not consort, a consort is a spouse of a reigning monarch.
That's all good.

I think you'll find 'consort' used quite often to describe male-female partnerships of gods, since 'husband' and 'wife' aren't appropriate.

Tabula rasa is self-evident nonsense. If you've ever seen a new-born infant, you'll know we hit the ground running ─ knowing to move our limbs, knowing to make eye contact, knowing how to suckle, to cry for attention, shortly knowing to reflect expressions, movements, sounds, to look in the direction of a sound or a gesture.

And very quickly tendencies of personality and affect are there to be seen ─ curious or passive, smiley or whiny, social or defensive and so on.

You may find a primer helpful: the best I presently know is The Secret Life of the Mind by Mariano Sigman. You'll find it fascinating to read how much we've learnt since Aristotle, Locke, Freud and the rest of the tabula rasa crowd.

You can also keep track of brain research on the net eg Science Daily.

Firstly, the word KNOWLEDGE is thrown in there and it seems a musle flexing is knowledge in your book? When I mentioned Tabula Rasa I was hinting more toward:

In computer science, tabula rasa refers to the development of autonomous agents with a mechanism to reason and plan toward their goal, but no "built-in" knowledge-base of their environment. Thus they truly are a blank slate.

In reality autonomous agents possess an initial data-set or knowledge-base, but this cannot be immutable or it would hamper autonomy and heuristic ability.[citation needed] Even if the data-set is empty, it usually may be argued that there is a built-in bias in the reasoning and planning mechanisms.[citation needed] Either intentionally or unintentionally placed there by the human designer, it thus negates the true spirit of tabula rasa.[15]

A synthetic (programming) language parser (LR(1), LALR(1) or SLR(1), for example) could be considered a special case of a tabula rasa, as it is designed to accept any of a possibly infinite set of source language programs, within a single programming language, and to output either a good parse of the program, or a good machine language translation of the program, either of which represents a success, or, alternately, a failure, and nothing else. The "initial data-set" is a set of tables which are generally produced mechanically by a parser table generator, usually from a BNF representation of the source language, and represents a "table representation" of that singleprogramming language.

(continued) and the human souls role in this quantum computer.​

That's all good.

I think you'll find 'consort' used quite often to describe male-female partnerships of gods, since 'husband' and 'wife' aren't appropriate.

Who I know to be God and who most think to be God differ. Ashrath was the consort of a son of God, but wasn't the consort of the creator of all. BIG difference.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Firstly, the word KNOWLEDGE is thrown in there and it seems a musle flexing is knowledge in your book? When I mentioned Tabula Rasa I was hinting more toward:

In computer science, tabula rasa refers to the development of autonomous agents with a mechanism to reason and plan toward their goal, but no "built-in" knowledge-base of their environment. Thus they truly are a blank slate.

In reality autonomous agents possess an initial data-set or knowledge-base, but this cannot be immutable or it would hamper autonomy and heuristic ability.[citation needed] Even if the data-set is empty, it usually may be argued that there is a built-in bias in the reasoning and planning mechanisms.[citation needed] Either intentionally or unintentionally placed there by the human designer, it thus negates the true spirit of tabula rasa.[15]

A synthetic (programming) language parser (LR(1), LALR(1) or SLR(1), for example) could be considered a special case of a tabula rasa, as it is designed to accept any of a possibly infinite set of source language programs, within a single programming language, and to output either a good parse of the program, or a good machine language translation of the program, either of which represents a success, or, alternately, a failure, and nothing else. The "initial data-set" is a set of tables which are generally produced mechanically by a parser table generator, usually from a BNF representation of the source language, and represents a "table representation" of that singleprogramming language.

(continued) and the human souls role in this quantum computer.​
It's usual for computers to be delivered with an OS already installed ─ you might say humans have some sort of analogy with that. A completely blank computer is idle because we can't send it commands.

But more seriously, tabula rasa as a theory about the beginnings of human mentation is a long-dead duck. Sigman's book, mentioned in my previous post, is well worth your time to read, as well as being deeply fascinating in its own right.

It's usual for computers to be delivered with an OS already installed ─ you might say humans have some sort of analogy with that. A completely blank computer is idle because we can't send it commands.

But more seriously, tabula rasa as a theory about the beginnings of human mentation is a long-dead duck. Sigman's book, mentioned in my previous post, is well worth your time to read, as well as being deeply fascinating in its own right.

You know what an OS is comprised of? Know what a kernel is?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who I know to be God and who most think to be God differ. Ashrath was the consort of a son of God, but wasn't the consort of the creator of all. BIG difference.
How do you know? It's not the sort of thing that the politics of the early bible would have published, after all.

How do you know? It's not the sort of thing that the politics of the early bible would have published, after all.
Because I remember, to be blatently honest. And he made me study a LOT, many translations of the bible, the tankh, the tanakh, the dead sea scrolls, the apocyphria, the enuma elish, plus when I deny who I am this **** happens. He comes through people at me and tells me what the **** it is. We were talking about a rap video then I'm blindsided with this...
4SIXp5ITBmVp.jpg

HUOyM15.jpg

Ellen Brown

Tabula rasa is self-evident nonsense. If you've ever seen a new-born infant, you'll know we hit the ground running ─ knowing to move our limbs, knowing to make eye contact, knowing how to suckle, to cry for attention, shortly knowing to reflect expressions, movements, sounds, to look in the direction of a sound or a gesture.

And very quickly tendencies of personality and affect are there to be seen ─ curious or passive, smiley or whiny, social or defensive and so on.

You may find a primer helpful: the best I presently know is The Secret Life of the Mind by Mariano Sigman. You'll find it fascinating to read how much we've learnt since Aristotle, Locke, Freud and the rest of the tabula rasa crowd.

You can also keep track of brain research on the net eg Science Daily.

So, what you are saying that some/many/most (?) religion is the product of an evil mind? In many ways, that would fit with my experience in religions. OR, perhaps the issue is that all religions have humans involved with them? Psychologically, being alive as a human is most often very frightening. So, we try to minimize our fear by trying to figure the terror out, and making rules to avoid it. Perhaps our own ideas of Sin Nature simply comes from us?

My sole belief in God, is the hope that one day perhaps he will help us, and govern us, because we seem to make many errors because a biological life form can not compute perfectly, EVER.

Yup.

You know what an OS is?

And now I hope you're ready to move on from tabula rasa.

Be of good cheer ─ the truth is out there!

Yes, I'm a UNIX/LINUX sys engineer/admin. I am root.

We'll move on from it, ok.... the truth isn't out there. :p

So, what you are saying that some/many/most (?) religion is the product of an evil mind? In many ways, that would fit with my experience in religions. OR, perhaps the issue is that all religions have humans involved with them? Psychologically, being alive as a human is most often very frightening. So, we try to minimize our fear by trying to figure the terror out, and making rules to avoid it. Perhaps our own ideas of Sin Nature simply comes from us?

My sole belief in God, is the hope that one day perhaps he will help us, and govern us, because we seem to make many errors because a biological life form can not compute perfectly, EVER.

Your understanding of sin is ****ed. Since you're fallen angels walking around with God complexes judging one another and thinking you know your **** you're not guidable yet. So, we do what we can do until you "cry out to God" and let us intervein.

OH, the creator of ALL created ALL therefore ALL is of the creator of all, all is GOOD.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, what you are saying that some/many/most (?) religion is the product of an evil mind?
Not necessarily. But the moment your tribe has professional priests there's great potential for conflict of interest.
In many ways, that would fit with my experience in religions. OR, perhaps the issue is that all religions have humans involved with them?
I see no cure for that problem. Well, no cure satisfactory to H sap anyway.
Psychologically, being alive as a human is most often very frightening. So, we try to minimize our fear by trying to figure the terror out, and making rules to avoid it. Perhaps our own ideas of Sin Nature simply comes from us?
'Sin' is basically doing something that (according to some human) is displeasing to God. Since I don't know what 'God' means, I think in terms of 'right' and 'wrong' instead ─ judgments of my own conscience rather than someone else's.
Anything's possible, I guess, but I won't be holding my breath and you might think it over before you hold yours.

If you know your history, you know that if you live in the West, this is far from the worst of all possible worlds overall ─ particular cases can still appall, of course. My grandchildren will have to deal with global warming and an extra two billion people in the world by 2050, the former due to human greed and folly and the latter due to deep human nature; but both will have to be faced. Someone once said that life wasn't meant to be easy, and I guess that's right, but we can still try to live as decent people. That's what I tell myself, I hope with some justice, that I try to do, anyway.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I like the view of Muslims about the identity of God because they come close to absolute humility.

This quoted from Wiki:

• In Islam, God (Arabic: الله‎, translit. Allāh, contraction of الْإِلٰه al-ilāh, lit. "the God") is indivisible, the God, the absolute one, the all-powerful and all-knowing ruler of the universe, and the creator of everything in existence. Islam emphasizes that God is strictly singular (tawḥīd ): unique (wāḥid ), inherently One (aḥad ),[1] also all-merciful and omnipotent.[2] God is neither a material nor a spiritual being.[3] According to Islamic teachings, beyond the Throne[4] and according to the Quran, "No vision can grasp him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things."[
Mormons say he is flesh and bone. Someone else says he is a Spirit. Many say he is three beings in one. He says,"I am that I am". And I'm pretty certain that none of us knows anything of value about God, G_d, Allah SWT. When we try to define God, we try to limit him. (IT, Her, He).

It is presumptuous and egocentric to say we know.
Who is God?
Imo, this is a good question.

Imo, it prompts other questions.
What is God? Why is God?
Why God, and not Om, or Um? Why El?

Doing research on God, I find that the earliest archaeological find on the concept of God, seem to be in Canaan. Most believe that is associated with the Canaanites.
If anyone have information to the contrary, or that can be more informative, it is most welcomed.

So why do we use the word God?
Did the Canaanites worship the creator of the universe, or did they worship wood, and stone, and call it God?
Seems apparent they did not worship the creator.

However, I find that the Bible, the most ancient of sacred texts, not only mentions Canaanites and their land, but also mentions 'El' - God.
Genesis 35:5-7
5 When they traveled on, the terror of God struck the cities around them, so they did not chase after the sons of Jacob. 6 Jacob eventually came to Luz, that is, Bethʹel, in the land of Canaan, he and all the people with him. 7There he built an altar and called the place El-bethʹel, because there the true God had revealed himself to him when he had run away from his brother.

Not only that. Besides providing details on much of history, which is not known secularly, except for a few pieces gathered from archaeological findings in Biblical lands (which support much of the history in the Bible), the Bible mentions the history and origin of the universe - identifying the creator as Elohim (God).

So it makes sense to me that the Bible - the most ancient; the most historical; the most widely translated, and published text, would be the most trustworthy. It presents itself with no room for doubt, as the inspired word of God... period. Unlike the Quran, which is centuries after the books of the Bible, whose author(s) points to the Bible as the word of God (although they claim it has been corrupted from the original - without any confirmed evidence), and who themselves were seeking truth.

The Bible therefore, to me, stands apart, as the most genuine - more specifically, the only reliable source of truth.
I know many will disagree, but if we are being reasonable, then we must admit, that if the original truth has been corrupted beyond recognition, then all other followings cannot be trusted. There would be no good reason for accepting one or the other as truth. It would merely be a matter of believing what one wants to believe.

The Bible, in its present complete state is harmonious from start to finish, and traces history dug up from centuries old dirt, to present day realities.
Deuteronomy 7:1 “When Jehovah your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and take possession of, he will also clear away populous nations from before you: the Hittites, ...the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more populous and mightier than you are.
Acts 13:15-43

So, it seems clear to me, that to answer the question, who is God, and further what and why is God? We are on the right track when we go with the Bible.

Why some people don't like that, is also mentioned in the Bible. They don't like a God that demands exclusive devotion, because they love the things that are required by God to be excluded from pure worship.
So they prefer a watered down version of pure worship - so watered down that it's impossible to distinguish it from self worship.
John 3:19-21
19 Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God.”

2 Timothy 4:3, 4
3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

High on the list of God's attributes is holiness - he is pure, clean, untainted. He is righteous, just.
Yes, he is love, but this is balanced perfectly with his other qualities, so he does not substitute one quality for another.
In other words, God does not condone unclean practices to be considered a God of love.
There is a great deal to be learned about who God is.

I am speaking of my perspective, based on my reason, and the Bible.

Who is God?
Imo, this is a good question.

Imo, it prompts other questions.
What is God? Why is God?
Why God, and not Om, or Um? Why El?

Doing research on God, I find that the earliest archaeological find on the concept of God, seem to be in Canaan. Most believe that is associated with the Canaanites.
If anyone have information to the contrary, or that can be more informative, it is most welcomed.

So why do we use the word God?
Did the Canaanites worship the creator of the universe, or did they worship wood, and stone, and call it God?
Seems apparent they did not worship the creator.

However, I find that the Bible, the most ancient of sacred texts, not only mentions Canaanites and their land, but also mentions 'El' - God.
Genesis 35:5-7
5 When they traveled on, the terror of God struck the cities around them, so they did not chase after the sons of Jacob. 6 Jacob eventually came to Luz, that is, Bethʹel, in the land of Canaan, he and all the people with him. 7There he built an altar and called the place El-bethʹel, because there the true God had revealed himself to him when he had run away from his brother.

Not only that. Besides providing details on much of history, which is not known secularly, except for a few pieces gathered from archaeological findings in Biblical lands (which support much of the history in the Bible), the Bible mentions the history and origin of the universe - identifying the creator as Elohim (God).

So it makes sense to me that the Bible - the most ancient; the most historical; the most widely translated, and published text, would be the most trustworthy. It presents itself with no room for doubt, as the inspired word of God... period. Unlike the Quran, which is centuries after the books of the Bible, whose author(s) points to the Bible as the word of God (although they claim it has been corrupted from the original - without any confirmed evidence), and who themselves were seeking truth.

The Bible therefore, to me, stands apart, as the most genuine - more specifically, the only reliable source of truth.
I know many will disagree, but if we are being reasonable, then we must admit, that if the original truth has been corrupted beyond recognition, then all other followings cannot be trusted. There would be no good reason for accepting one or the other as truth. It would merely be a matter of believing what one wants to believe.

The Bible, in its present complete state is harmonious from start to finish, and traces history dug up from centuries old dirt, to present day realities.
Deuteronomy 7:1 “When Jehovah your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and take possession of, he will also clear away populous nations from before you: the Hittites, ...the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more populous and mightier than you are.
Acts 13:15-43

So, it seems clear to me, that to answer the question, who is God, and further what and why is God? We are on the right track when we go with the Bible.

Why some people don't like that, is also mentioned in the Bible. They don't like a God that demands exclusive devotion, because they love the things that are required by God to be excluded from pure worship.
So they prefer a watered down version of pure worship - so watered down that it's impossible to distinguish it from self worship.
John 3:19-21
19 Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God.”

2 Timothy 4:3, 4
3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

High on the list of God's attributes is holiness - he is pure, clean, untainted. He is righteous, just.
Yes, he is love, but this is balanced perfectly with his other qualities, so he does not substitute one quality for another.
In other words, God does not condone unclean practices to be considered a God of love.
There is a great deal to be learned about who God is.

I am speaking of my perspective, based on my reason, and the Bible.

VERY GOOD, I wish I saw more of this. QUESTIONING! I won't answer your questions... don't wanna spoil the fun. I will say this.

I do not try, I don't have to balance. I am love, but my state of being is forigen to y'all.

I consider nothing yall to do to be love for me, you all don't know what love is ... you forgot. That's why Im here, to show you so you know again,

I'm a simple simple being, my job is to sustain creation, to help us breathe. To be a good father, let you make your mistakes and try what you want. MANY think they can do it better than me and I know they can't because I'm automatic. I'm stretched from the present into the future where reality collapses and I slide back through time and descend on myself (my consciousness from the collapsed reality) so I can change the course of humanity to avoid that eventuality that leads to destruction.

SO, I'm kinda lonely... hate waking up and figuring out I'm ME... is SCARY for my human vessel to absorb.

-G

Ellen Brown

Not necessarily. But the moment your tribe has professional priests there's great potential for conflict of interest.
I see no cure for that problem. Well, no cure satisfactory to H sap anyway.

'Sin' is basically doing something that (according to some human) is displeasing to God. Since I don't know what 'God' means, I think in terms of 'right' and 'wrong' instead ─ judgments of my own conscience rather than someone else's.

Anything's possible, I guess, but I won't be holding my breath and you might think it over before you hold yours.

If you know your history, you know that if you live in the West, this is far from the worst of all possible worlds overall ─ particular cases can still appall, of course. My grandchildren will have to deal with global warming and an extra two billion people in the world by 2050, the former due to human greed and folly and the latter due to deep human nature; but both will have to be faced. Someone once said that life wasn't meant to be easy, and I guess that's right, but we can still try to live as decent people. That's what I tell myself, I hope with some justice, that I try to do, anyway.

Frankly, I am so lost and disillusioned, it feels awful.