• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Is God?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I like the view of Muslims about the identity of God because they come close to absolute humility.

This quoted from Wiki:

• In Islam, God (Arabic: الله‎, translit. Allāh, contraction of الْإِلٰه al-ilāh, lit. "the God") is indivisible, the God, the absolute one, the all-powerful and all-knowing ruler of the universe, and the creator of everything in existence. Islam emphasizes that God is strictly singular (tawḥīd ): unique (wāḥid ), inherently One (aḥad ),[1] also all-merciful and omnipotent.[2] God is neither a material nor a spiritual being.[3] According to Islamic teachings, beyond the Throne[4] and according to the Quran, "No vision can grasp him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things."[
Mormons say he is flesh and bone. Someone else says he is a Spirit. Many say he is three beings in one. He says,"I am that I am". And I'm pretty certain that none of us knows anything of value about God, G_d, Allah SWT. When we try to define God, we try to limit him. (IT, Her, He).

It is presumptuous and egocentric to say we know.
Good post, Ellen. Yes, we can encounter God, but the finite can never fathom the infinite.