• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are they?

agorman

Premium Member
Right now I have just this image on my altar. Everytime I remove all gods from it, I have dreams with a god and a goddess that appear in the shape of my parents as they looked when they were young... but they're not my parents. I still couldn't ask who they really are, but they seem helpful. A few days back I dreamt that goddess passed an amethyst through my shoulders to heal my aching muscles.

Who do you think they are?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
This seems like a perfect time for a "Yo mama" joke but I will refrain myself from such debauchery :D.

I am not trying to attack the legitimacy of your claims but are you sure what you have experienced is not a delusion? I mean this with utmost honesty because when I was a Christian I deluded myself into thinking God spoke to me.

agorman

Premium Member
are you sure what you have experienced is not a delusion?

Maybe. But at this time what I'd really wish is to be my own god; so why should I invent gods? Right now I don't know if feeling grateful for dreaming with a god and goddess or feeling annoyed.

Besides, what is truly real? Do you think "inflexible" things of this physical world are real just because I can't change them with my mind and my will (at least not immediately)?

Archetypes that you find relevant.

Who knows? Maybe those dreams show a need for gods because of lack of self-trust.

More opinions anyone?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Maybe. But at this time what I'd really wish is to be my own god; so why should I invent gods? Right now I don't know if feeling grateful for dreaming with a god and goddess or feeling annoyed.

I am just messing with you :D.
Auto-theism is sort of deadly considering that it promotes idiocy. I am just speaking out of personal experience.
It is best to invent gods because by doing so you actually are becoming your own god. Subjective idealism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides, what is truly real? Do you think "inflexible" things of this physical world are real just because I can't change them with my mind and my will (at least not immediately)?

Solipsism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who knows? Maybe those dreams show a need for gods because of lack of self-trust.

More opinions anyone?

You need to dive into philosophy more :)

ametist

Studying/practicing spirituality through symbols and images can empower the desire and cause fastened understanding.an accelerated understanding on the other hand might bring confusions in certain cases especially when you dont know what you are aiming at and searching. Do you really have muscle pain? If so even in case of confusion your 'inner guidance' is helping it seems. If you dont really have muscle pains it is better to take your study with symbols slow.

agorman

Premium Member
I am just messing with you :D.

I suspected that from the beginning :D

Why do I get good vibes from you if you're a worshipper of the Prince of all Evil stuff? Shouldn't I be sh****** on my pants?

Auto-theism is sort of deadly considering that it promotes idiocy.

Why? I am intelligence! :D

It is best to invent gods because by doing so you actually are becoming your own god.

I once read that external gods help us by waking up the same gods inside ourselves.

So if you worship a god of thunder, it will wake up the aspect of yourself that is a god of thunder, etc.

In fact, I've read it's the only way that gods can really help us. No idea if that is really true though.

You need to dive into philosophy more :)

Not a bad idea.

agorman

Premium Member
Do you really have muscle pain? If so even in case of confusion your 'inner guidance' is helping it seems. If you dont really have muscle pains it is better to take your study with symbols slow.

The state of my muscles hasn't got much to do with my spiritual quest actually. I think it's just my pillow :D I should try to sleep without a pillow again.

So you think it's my own spirit appearing as a goddess? I don't reject the idea, although that always sounded a little bizarre to me.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What led you choose to label them as gods or goddesses as opposed to, say, ancestor spirits or some other entity? I don't know how your theology works, which is part of why I ask, but I also ask because sometimes it is a good idea to suspend labeling things at all and let them speak for themselves for a while. :D

ametist

The statit of my muscles hasn't got much to do with my spiritual quest actually. I think it's just my pillow :D I should try to sleep without a pillow again.

So you think it's my own spirit appearing as a goddess? I don't reject the idea, although that always sounded a little bizarre to me.

Yes, it is your own spirit but it also depends on what you undertand from 'your own' and 'spirit'.
Btw,some people can sleep on wooden floor and have no muscle pain.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I suspected that from the beginning :D

Why do I get good vibes from you if you're a worshipper of the Prince of all Evil stuff? Shouldn't I be sh****** on my pants?

Who ever said Shaytan is evil? I also am an avid worshiper of Hubal and Ba'al just so ya know :).

Why? I am intelligence! :D

I will take your word for it but until you encounter other Satanists you will realize we are generally horrible people. I for example am strongly disliked by Satanists because I act civilized.

I once read that external gods help us by waking up the same gods inside ourselves.

You are going to have to learn how to treat auto-theism properly because it is a very strongly philosophical concept that works with theology.

So if you worship a god of thunder, it will wake up the aspect of yourself that is a god of thunder, etc.

Now it will electrocute you :rolleyes:

In fact, I've read it's the only way that gods can really help us. No idea if that is really true though.

Gods and men are interelated. The issue though is that I have never been able to determine if we are products of the mind of god's or the gods the product of our minds.

Not a bad idea.

All ideas are bad

agorman

Premium Member
I think what happened is because that night I tried praying to the Tao to heal me. I assumed if there's an impersonal side of Tao, then there's also a personal one too. Maybe what I saw acting in my dreams was the female, personal side, yin, of the Tao. Very interesting experiment indeed.

ametist said:
Yes, it is your own spirit but it also depends on what you undertand from 'your own' and 'spirit'.
Btw,some people can sleep on wooden floor and have no muscle pain.

Maybe I'm not aware of the capability of my own spirit to manifest things in the astral plane. Including a healing goddess. However I tend to believe that it was the female part of the Universe that acted.

Maybe I should try sleeping on a wooden floor.

Sha'irullah said:
Who ever said Shaytan is evil? I also am an avid worshiper of Hubal and Ba'al just so ya know .

Maybe it's all rumors. In the case of Beelzebub, even though people says he's just a Canaanite god and not a demon, he wasn't very good to me. Maybe we shouldn't mess with some gods. Hecate was another one that is very loved by some people, but I wouldn't recommend her worship. It's not for anyone!

Sha'irullah said:
You are going to have to learn how to treat auto-theism properly because it is a very strongly philosophical concept that works with theology.

So far I haven't found much useful info about auto-theism on the web.

Sha'irullah said:
Gods and men are interelated. The issue though is that I have never been able to determine if we are products of the mind of god's or the gods the product of our minds.

Or both... maybe that's not relevant and we should concentrate more on results.

Sha'irullah said:
until you encounter other Satanists you will realize we are generally horrible people. I for example am strongly disliked by Satanists because I act civilized.

No problem. There are horrible people in other religions too.

Last edited:

EyeofOdin

Some ancient cultures elevated their ancestors to the status of minor deities, such as chieftains, shamans, brave warriors or other significant community members. It's possible that your parents' souls are coming to you in a "deity" aspect rather than as a spirit (not really meaning much tbh. The only difference between spirits and deities is that "deity" implies worship and divinity, and "spirit" doesn't, but they can be worshiped and considered divine).

It may also be that twin deities are seeking a relationship with you, such as Freyr and Freyja, who both resided over fertility and health, or Apollo and Artemis, who were known for being excellent healers.

I know what you mean though when you say that you knew that they were deities, even though they were your parents. One time I dreamt of El (I find him to be a quite separate deity from Yahweh). He didn't say that he was and the temple he was in was Hellenic and wasn't Judean. Also, he was a she. He's very warm and kind, he's also very parental, like a mom who fixes your hair and buys your clothes for you. It was all a very sweet dream actually.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Demons are "mindhunters" so be very careful who or what you let into your head no matter how nice and friendly they might appear..
"..for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

agorman

Premium Member
Demons are "mindhunters" so be very careful who or what you let into your head no matter how nice and friendly they might appear..
"..for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

Thank you but I know how to protect and defend myself. BTW, when a shadow displays itself as a light being, just show him an upright pentagram and that stolen light goes away as smoke; uncovering the true nature of the bugger. I've seen that in the astral plane already.

Another way is asking the entity his or her name (if there's hesitation show a pentagram). Also, if you repeat 9 times "I am light" everything evil goes away. I even dreamt with Jesus a few years ago recommending me exactly that affirmation. So much for preachers doing long exorcism rituals! LOL.

I also noticed the cross protects the person wearing it, but it doesn't ward off demons from the zone you're in. The upright pentagram however, is like a cannon. When hostile beings see it, they either die, burn alive or leave crying.

Anyway as I've said before, you Christians should ask Jesus for the protection of archangel Michael (repeat 3 times the same prayer, every day). I still wonder why so few Christians actually do that. You'd avoid lots of troubles.

But this thread is going way off-topic!

agorman

Premium Member
Some ancient cultures elevated their ancestors to the status of minor deities, such as chieftains, shamans, brave warriors or other significant community members. It's possible that your parents' souls are coming to you in a "deity" aspect rather than as a spirit (not really meaning much tbh. The only difference between spirits and deities is that "deity" implies worship and divinity, and "spirit" doesn't, but they can be worshiped and considered divine).

It may also be that twin deities are seeking a relationship with you, such as Freyr and Freyja, who both resided over fertility and health, or Apollo and Artemis, who were known for being excellent healers.

I know what you mean though when you say that you knew that they were deities, even though they were your parents. One time I dreamt of El (I find him to be a quite separate deity from Yahweh). He didn't say that he was and the temple he was in was Hellenic and wasn't Judean. Also, he was a she. He's very warm and kind, he's also very parental, like a mom who fixes your hair and buys your clothes for you. It was all a very sweet dream actually.

But isn't EL an annunaki/babylonian god? All very interesting. But mind you, my parents are still alive. Sometimes I've been asleep and dreamt with those deity parents while my real parents were awake. So it's not like they were asleep and their souls were out of their bodies either. I think they're Isis and Horus. For some reason they insist on being with me; although I don't feel like worshipping Egyptian gods again.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Shakespeare's Hamlet had enough wits about him to wonder whether the ghost of his beloved father really was him, or just a "goblin damned".(demon)
"Be thou a spirit of health or goblin damned,
Bring with thee airs from heaven or blasts from hell,
Be thy intents wicked or charitable,
Thou comest in such a questionable shape.." (Act 1 Sc 4)

Demons usually find it difficult to get into our minds, so they'll pretend to be anybody in order to be invited in, hence the warnings-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Ephesians 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
Shakespeare's Hamlet had enough wits about him to wonder whether the ghost of his beloved father really was him, or just a "goblin damned".(demon)
"Be thou a spirit of health or goblin damned,
Bring with thee airs from heaven or blasts from hell,
Be thy intents wicked or charitable,
Thou comest in such a questionable shape.." (Act 1 Sc 4)

Demons usually find it difficult to get into our minds, so they'll pretend to be anybody in order to be invited in, hence the warnings-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Ephesians 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Man, it's simple: if an evil entity would repeat 3 times "I am Thor" Thor would come and crash the bugger in no time! Have you ever practiced astral projection or lucid dreaming?

And you Christians, again! Pray for protection and you'll have no reason to be so afraid of Satan (Set?). I wonder why you guys find it so difficult to believe that you deserve protection. Protection and guidance are the easiest things to get from any deity in exchange of your devotion.

BTW, about Hamlet; no evil entity can hide it's true appearance in front of a pentagram. Another reason to wear one. So if Hamlet would have worn a pentagram, he would have known if it was his dad or one of David Icke's reptilians :) .