• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"White pride"

EyeofOdin

Someone a couple weeks ago messaged me on Facebook talking about how I'm anti Christian and anti white and how stupid I am because "us liberals" don't like white, straight, Christian pride.

I'm proud of my religion. I'm not anti Christian, just historically accurate.

I'm not anti straight, but only when straight people are afraid of being themselves, bullied in school, bullied and stripped of their rights by the government will I be singing the praises of straight pride parades.

Do not talk to me about "white pride". I hail and honor over 40.000 years of European heritage and European ancestors. I have more "white pride" than he ever will.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hail!

I remember once finding some kind of collective curse upon so-called "white pride" (or, to call it more accurately, "white supremacy"), and I've always wanted to find it again just to link it to whoever tries spouting that venom to me.

True pride need not be afraid of differences, either in opinion, religion, political view, or anything. True pride is confidence and security in one's identity and sense of self relative to others. False pride, born of insecurity, ignorance, and fear, is the kind of "pride" that white supremacists tout.

Besides, Europeans had dark skin until about 6,000 years ago, if I remember correctly. ^_^

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
EyeofOdin said:
Someone a couple weeks ago messaged me on Facebook talking about how I'm anti Christian and anti white and how stupid I am because "us liberals" don't like white, straight, Christian pride.

While such accusations in isolation are usually silly, the phenomenon motivating said accusations isn't completely imagined.

The whole western civilisation is evil, everything is white male privilege and you're a horrible person if you identify with Christianity at any level attitude does exist and it is almost always on the loony left.

Last edited by a moderator:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I'm not anti straight, but only when straight people are afraid of being themselves, bullied in school, bullied and stripped of their rights by the government will I be singing the praises of straight pride parades.

Do not talk to me about "white pride". I hail and honor over 40.000 years of European heritage and European ancestors. I have more "white pride" than he ever will.

White Pride is mostly just a way for privileged people to carve out a niche in the culture of victimhood.

I used to lurk on Stormfront occasionally for laughs. It's a hoot.

Tom

Crippled Avenger

Death to all Ablist Norms

Yeah, I REALLY see the difference. This is my opinion and ONLY my opinion; **** "White Pride" and **** Ablism. That is all.

EyeofOdin

While such accusations in isolation are usually silly, the phenomenon motivating said accusations isn't completely imagined.

The whole western civilisation is evil, everything is white male privilege and you're a horrible person if you identify with Christianity at any level attitude does exist and it is almost always on the loony left.

I disagree. I'm progressive, so I'm quite liberal (most of my friends think that I'm radical, but I'd like to think that's just because of how conservative the town is), and I don't prejudge against Christians, Northern European Americans, Heterosexuals, men or any other ethnic, religious, sexual or gender group. The only exception is someone with a colonialist mindset, or someone with the "expand" or "divide and conquer" mentality, as applied to his or her own religion or politics. Proselytizing isn't cool. Thinking you're superior because of what you are isn't cool. Thinking I'm inferior because of what I am isn't cool.

Just as one guy isn't less valued because he thinks that whispering things to Yahweh and reading an impossibly long book, or because he so happens to be white or heterosexual, so too a young woman is just as valued and disserves equality just as much, regardless if she's a black, lesbian scientologist.

As a Progressive, what does annoy me about some, not all, Conservatives (and it's almost always a conservative) is how they always throw statistics trying to make minorities of any kind seem inferior, dumb or dangerous. If it's not how 150% of all African Americans are born out of wedlock, it's how 2/3 people who associate with homosexuals will contract aids, and the other third will turn gay, and according to the most recent polls, all of them go to Hell. I'm exaggerating of course, but you get the idea. Rush Limbaugh literally blames "liberal feminists" for an apparent decrease in average penis size in the recent decades.

I know not all Conservatives are like that, and I hope you understand when I say that I have a problem with that kind of stupidity being so prominent.

Last edited:

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
I'm going to go with George Carlin on this one and say that it's silly to be proud of things you have no control over. Comfortable and self accepting, sure - but proud? People should be proud of things they actually accomplish.

Proud to be Female!
Proud to be Gay!
Proud to be White!

In what way are any of those conscious choices?

On the flip side, neither should you be ashamed. Because again, how can to be ashamed of something you have no control over?

:camp:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with being a white supremacist, as long as it deals with healthy and respectful white pride.

I am not white, but Mediterranean, and I deeply believe in my race. Just think of how hot Penelope Cruz is