• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House claims drugs prices fell 11% under President Trump

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Too bad for him prices are increasing and no one (other than Trumpeters who will soon be in to give their usual round of bs) is supporting that claim because prices have factually been on the rise. Not even drug companies accept it, because they are doing the opposite.
Drug prices in 2019 are surging, with hikes at 5 times inflation
Drug prices rise 5.8% on average in 2020
Pharmaceutical companies started 2020 by raising the price of hundreds of drugs, according to a new analysis, though the increases are relatively modest this year as scrutiny grows from patients, lawmakers and health plans.

Pfizer Inc. led the way, including increasing prices by over 9% on more than 40 products. The drug industry traditionally sets prices for its therapies at the start of the year and again in the middle of the year.

More than 60 drugmakers raised prices in the U.S. on Wednesday, according to an analysis from Rx Savings Solutions, which sells software to help employers and health plans choose the least-expensive medicines. The average increase was 5.8%, according to the analysis, including increases on different doses for the same drug.

The average is just below that of a year ago, when more than 50 companies raised the prices on hundreds of drugs by an average of more than 6%, according to the analysis.

Pfizer said that 27% of the drugs Pfizer sells in the U.S. will increase in price by an average of 5.6%.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Gee, a report from Council of Economic Advisers that lauds Trump's so-called accomplishments. Who would have thought. A council composed of three members appointed by the President himself, with the advice and consent of HIS Senate. Looks like their pants are on fire too. . .

meter-pants-fire.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd be a total fool if I believed anything that comes from that den of liars.

The truth is his claim is "mostly false" which is not bad given the total whoppers he emits all the time.

Shaul

Premium Member
Too bad for him prices are increasing and no one (other than Trumpeters who will soon be in to give their usual round of bs) is supporting that claim because prices have factually been on the rise. Not even drug companies accept it, because they are doing the opposite.
Drug prices in 2019 are surging, with hikes at 5 times inflation
Drug prices rise 5.8% on average in 2020
Actually it would be too bad for the rest of us if that were true, not for him. I’m confident any increases in pharmaceutical prices won’t affect him personally.

Also the ultimate source for your articles was Rx Savings Solutions. A company that has a vested interest in promoting fear of drug price increases to boost sales. Hardly an un biased source.

On the other hand, public perceptions of increasing drug prices could help him politically. He mentioned a plan to reduce them in his State of the Union speech. Plus the Democrats in the House haven’t done anything on the issue. I am sure the issue will be a great foil for him. He will point to “do nothing” Democrats in the House who were more interested in their partisan “shampeachment” than working to reduce drug prices. In contrast he has introduced a plan that would reduce drug prices which they are holding up.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

Actually it would be too bad for the rest of us if that were true, not for him. I’m confident any increases in pharmaceutical prices won’t affect him personally.

Also the ultimate source for your articles was Rx Savings Solutions. A company that has a vested interest in promoting fear of drug price increases to boost sales. Hardly an un biased source.

On the other hand, public perceptions of increasing drug prices could help him politically. He mentioned a plan to reduce them in his State of the Union speech. Plus the Democrats in the House haven’t done anything on the issue. I am sure the issue will be a great foil for him. He will point to “do nothing” Democrats in the House who were more interested in their partisan “shampeachment” than working to reduce drug prices. In contrast he has introduced a plan that would reduce drug prices which they are holding up.

OK. Let’s let’s all get some things straight here.

1. Your OP starts with standard lies directly from the White House website.
2. @shadow wolf’s next post shows that those were indeed bold face lies.
3. Now with this post you claim that @shadow wolf’s stuff was biased:(, then you go on to say that increased drug prices are of benefit to Trump anyways, :confused: particularly because the Democrats in the house have done nothing during the last two years. o_O
Of course this final statement not only has no logic to it at all, but has no truth to it either. The Democrats in the house have passed over 300 bills and sent them on to Moscow Mitch, who has stalled each and everyone of them.
It is only Trump and the GOP who are the ones who are absolutely do nothing.
The Democrats have been working for our tax money and for our good all along. It is only the liars that you are choosing to believe, who have been working as hard as they can to destroy our nation. Good luck kid.
With enough naive child voters like you in just the right places, Trump+Mitch can sidestep democracy once again, and put a bullet to the head of the USA once and for all.
giphy.gif

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
He will point to “do nothing” Democrats in the House who were more interested in their partisan “shampeachment” than working to reduce drug prices.
Except that the Dems in the House have passed many bills, some with Pub support, but when most of them got to the Senate McConnell didn't and hasn't yet even sent them to committee. A couple of these bills sitting on McConnell's desk deal with protecting our electioneering process, and they were passed with the support of at least some Pubs.

IOW, when it comes to "do nothing", ya got the wrong party.

metis

BTW, let me add to the above that the Pubs promised to replace the ACA with something better, and yet even though they had control of both houses and the presidency for two years, not only didn't they pass that "something better", they didn't even put forth a proposal to do as such.

esmith

Veteran Member
BTW, let me add to the above that the Pubs promised to replace the ACA with something better, and yet even though they had control of both houses and the presidency for two years, not only didn't they pass that "something better", they didn't even put forth a proposal to do as such.
Seem's like there was basically the same thing when the Dem's controlled the House and the Senate. What one can draw from this is that both parties have members who do not necessarily agree with each other.
Oh and they, the Dem's, didn't even put a proposal forward when it came to the immigration issues either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you read the articles, they are from different sources and cite company actions and plans from those such as Pfizer.

Shad

Veteran Member
Until the US market is more open to generics and foreign products costs are never going to drop to comparable level of other nations. The market is isolated due to the government.

Shaul

Premium Member
Except that the Dems in the House have passed many bills, some with Pub support, but when most of them got to the Senate McConnell didn't and hasn't yet even sent them to committee. A couple of these bills sitting on McConnell's desk deal with protecting our electioneering process, and they were passed with the support of at least some Pubs.

IOW, when it comes to "do nothing", ya got the wrong party.
Passing “poison pill”, partisan bills actually are “do nothing”. Such bills which never stood a chance may provide red meat for Democrat kool aid drinkers but it won’t convince the independent voters the Democrats will need for elections.

On the other hand, President Trump has gotten major legislation passed through a Democrat controlled House who didn’t want it. To wit the USMCA renegotiated trade agreement.

Yeah, it’s the Democrats that will hold the title as the do nothings this year.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
According to White House Chief Economic Advisors U.S. drug prices are actually falling, 11% during President Trump’s tenure.

Prescription Drug Prices Are Falling at Historic Levels Thanks to Trump Administration Policies

I'm now glad to be able to buy marijuana near Chi-town without the expense of getting a doctor's prescription; however, the cost for one once of quality weed near me is over $300. We need more supply of weed in order to bring down its price.

Lately, I've been smoking away on average ca. $40/day, or ca. 7 percent of my income. This is becoming outrageous to me; something needs to be done to lower the price of my drug!

Last edited:

metis

Passing “poison pill”, partisan bills actually are “do nothing”.
Except the two of the election protection bills were bipartisan in the House.

Such bills which never stood a chance may provide red meat for Democrat kool aid drinkers but it won’t convince the independent voters the Democrats will need for elections.
I prefer kool-aid over supporting materialism, hedonism, and dishonesty.

Yeah, it’s the Democrats that will hold the title as the do nothings this year.
Maybe do the homework, such as googling "bills passed by the House" and where they're now when they arrived at the Senate. When McConnell won't even send these bi-partisan-passed bills to committee hearings, the obvious should be clear as to which party is in reality more the "do-nothings".

But if one mainly gets their "news" from Fox, ...