• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whimsical Question: Nicknames

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Do you have nicknames for your spouse, significant other, boy friend, girl friend, co-workers, etc?

Do they have nicknames for you?

Have you ever had a nickname you hated?

Have you ever had a nickname you loved?

( shout out to @Road Warrior "The Divine Bovine Wind" and @The Reverend Bob "The Reverend BeastMaster". How are you two??? Happy Friday gents! )

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I was beanpole at school, because they could

I call my hubby, hey you, and he calles me hey you too (among other non repeatable names

I call my son, shut the door because he never does

And my hubby called our recently deceased cat cooking fat... Long story

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
My mom called me Rocky Balboa because I wasn't afraid to fight all the bigger kids who picked on me at secondary school.
Makes sense.

Did you like the nickname? Has anyone else called you Rocky?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

I call my hubby, hey you, and he calles me hey you too (among other non repeatable names

I remember once we talked about having chickens. I was 10. I was going to call mine 'Vindalu' :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I was "fern" for a time in the 1960s.
That's interesting. Any particular reason for that plant? We have sword ferns here that are magnificent, BTW. So, for me, the nickname "fern" is pretty cool.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I liked it. No-one else did.

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's interesting. Any particular reason for that plant? We have sword ferns here that are magnificent, BTW. So, for me, the nickname "fern" is pretty cool.
The forum rules forbid me from saying exactly why it fits, but think of what might cause me to sit around in a daze resembling a member of the plant kingdom.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do you have nicknames for your spouse, significant other, boy friend, girl friend, co-workers, etc?

( shout out to @Road Warrior "The Divine Bovine Wind" and @The Reverend Bob "The Reverend BeastMaster". How are you two??? Happy Friday gents! )

My fondest memory of nicknames was a volleyball team I coached. 9 boys, and it got to the point where the nicknames were used all the time, and even the coach fell into it. The fun was when we went to away games and tournaments, watching the other team or parents react to kids yelling 'Lips, Tink, Tree, Moron, Stuffy,' and more.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I became Speedy to all my classmates in 8th grade and My best friend and his family still refer to me as Speedy, to the point where his kids don't know my real name.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
All my life my Dad called me "Mick" and it wasn't till I got older that my Mum told me that when she was pregnant, he wanted a boy, and if so my name would have been Michael (Mick for short) I was a tomboy so I was not the "girly" girl my sisters were. Closest thing he got to a son I guess. :shrug:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
All my life my Dad called me "Mick" and it wasn't till I got older that my Mum told me that when she was pregnant, he wanted a boy, and if so my name would have been Michael (Mick for short) I was a tomboy so I was not the "girly" girl my sisters were. Closest thing he got to a son I guess. :shrug:

Heh, my daughter is a tomboy and I regularly call her 'macca', but that originates from her love of my special recipe Mac n cheese.

dianaiad

When I was not quite two friends of my parents gave me a 'cowgirl' outfit. I was, evidently (I don't have pictures, just my Mom's word for it) really, really cute.

So my Dad calls me "Butch' to this day, after Butch Cassidy, who was a cousin.

I don't know where his mind was...because, trust me, I was NEVER a 'tomboy.' Not interested. Not all that interested in dolls and easy bake ovens, either. Bookworm, here.

I was, however, an excellent shot with a re-curved hunting bow.

Don't think that went with 'Butch,' though. Nobody was interested in calling me 'Robin,' I notice.

Please note: Dad is the ONLY person allowed to call me "Butch.' I don't answer if anybody else tries it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do you have nicknames for your spouse, significant other, boy friend, girl friend, co-workers, etc? Do they have nicknames for you?
Lately I address my wife as 'dadi' (grandma) and she calls me 'dada' (grandpa); not that I like it.